[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupid Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 12
File: dwight-in-office.jpg (85 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dwight-in-office.jpg
85 KB, 300x300
You know the drill /g/
Ask stupid/small questions here
>>
every so often, my c:/ drive gets bigger for no reason
i am not doing shit, aside from 3 updates like a week ago (which where 4 fucking gigs big)
windows update is going apeshit and wont work (says there is an update, but isnt showing me any)

i have a 45gb SSD
i have 12gb free a week ago
then i had 8 gb free
now im down to 6gb

the fuck is happening?
i feel like smashing my goddamn pc
>>
Would the typical non-stock fan or heatsink cool off my GPU in addition to my CPU?
>>
If I don't overclock immediately, can I get away with stock cooler until I do?
>>
>>45412921
Also, is there a guide to these dumb questions I keep asking? I'm sure I'm clogging up /g/ with things everyone else asks.
>>
Im making a list of free and open source software with more than five million downloads on android. So far ive got firefox, telegram, vlc, cool reader, fbreader, k-9 mail, and ppsspp. Anyone else know of any i am missing?
>>
>>45412992
Whoops forgot i also know oi file manager
>>
So I am super paranoid about my hardware. Whenever I look closely at darker colors that aren't quite black I can see the pixels dancing around on my monitor. However the thing that is more noticeable that made me worry was I saw a wavy line the other day on my screen. It wasn't there very long and when I switched pages it was not there anymore. Are either of these things bad or am I just nuts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-022-019 is the monitor I have. And unfortunately I am stuck with a VGA for now.
>>
i want 2 different browsers
1 for 4chin, news, youtube all that crap
1 for work (firefox atm)
how do i run 2 different firefoxes?, it can be done on lanix (with nightly and FF, since one of them runs as firefox-trunk)
tried it with palemoon on windows, as a test, i ran ccleaner
with either one closed, it still said that FF was running
i tried chromium, but avast says there is a virus

opera and chrome look like shit
>>
Why is my right hand ALWAYS cold when using a computer?

its so weird
>>
So I just replaced my HDD with a SSD. What do I have to buy to get my old HDD to connect to my to eSATA port? (No USB 3.0).
>>
>>45413058
Also, do I need a power thing? Or will a SATA to eSATA work on it's own?

(I don't think my eSATA port is "powered")
>>
>>45412921
Yes.
>>
So I got a new hard drive and it seems to make a very high pitched noise, almost like the noise a CRT makes. I'm not sure if that would be of indicative of something that would reduce the drive life so much as to bother to RMA it. Otherwise I'd probably just swap it out with a drive used for backup so it wouldn't be running all the time.
>>
>>45413053
If you're anything like me you fidget with your left hand without realising it/keep it warm tucked up in your lap while your right hand is exposed to cold air as it operates the mouse.

It took me a stupidly long time to figure that out myself.
>>
>>45412921
Yes. I used a stock cooler on my 2700k (not overclocked) for about a year, and then i decided to upgrade to watercooling. But the stock fan worked surprisingly great
>>
I have family bugging me for christmas presents.

Make me a reasonable list, /g/. Cheaper/easier to source the better.
>>
>>45413169
Dragon dildos
Lube
>>
I have this really loud neighbor and the cops won't do shit for music being played too loud before 11PM.
However I managed to get a hold of his WiFi and Windows username/password. He's running XP. Is there any way I can silently remotely run command line shenanigans without him noticing?
>>
>>45413177
Copy his browser history
Use it to blackmail him into shutting his music off.
>>
>>45413202
Any idea how to remote into his PC silently? He only keeps it on when he's using it/blasting shitty music.
>>
Can I run 2 x 8gb 1600 RAM and 2 x 2gb 1600 at the same time?
>>
>>45413216
yes
>>
File: fun fact.jpg (108 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
fun fact.jpg
108 KB, 960x960
Are 6TB WD Greens any good?
>>
>>45413228
It depends on your use case.
>>
>>45413237
Archival, of course. I'd be buying two and running them in JBOD with periodic backups.
>>
>>45413169
Winston's Tail

>>45413216
As long as they have same latencies, yes.
>>
>>45413239
>JBOD
That almost makes me want to say go with WD Reds instead. The greens will also work, but they are not really ideal for those setups (mechanical stress for turning on and off constantly).
>>
>>45413249
Wait no, for some reason I thought JBOD meant leaving them as separate simple drives.
>>
>>45413259
Indeed.
>>
>>45413264
Reds aren't too much more expensive, though. Would they be a better option anyway? Are they significantly more reliable?
>>
>>45413267
The general consensus seems to be that they are slightly more reliable and offer better performance, especially in multiple disk configurations (less vibrations?). Different HDD firmware.
>>
>>45413303
I've heard running backups between two simple disks is better than RAID1 because of rebuild fuckery. Is this true?

I'll go with one of the two either way, all I need is a place to dump old projects and make sure I don't lose them.
>>
>>45413322
RAID is not a backup. It's redundancy.
If you accidentally delete an important file on a disk, RAID won't save you. Backups will.
>>
>>45413332
Yeah, that's what I meant by backup. Currently doing that with a RAID 0 onto a third, larger drive using SyncBack.
>>
My phone (old samsung galaxy S2) has trouble connecting to chargers and shit. The connection is very touchy, if i move it around at all it will lose connection, and it wont connect to my computer. Can i fix this or is sh buggered.

Also, nokia lumia 530 for 60 dollery doos, worth it?
>>
>>45413358
>Also, nokia lumia 530 for 60 dollery doos, worth it?
No marketshare, no apps.
The older 520 model was the most serviced Windows Phone ever, with hardware issues that kept reappearing after service.
>>
Lots of .tmp files are building up in my folder for some reason. Is it okay to delete them?
>>
>>45413406
Should be okay to delete. Some programs can search and delete those files automatically too.
>>
>>45413358
>Also, nokia lumia 530 for 60 dollery doos, worth it?
i have a 520, its fine

depends on what you want to do with it
>>
>>45413406
Temporary files are okay to delete, unless a program is still using it.
>>
>>45413382
>no apps
Which apps m8?
>>
Can someone please explain the difference between a CPU and a core?

If I have a dual-cored CPU, and 2 single-core CPUs, each core is equal on all of the devices, suppose that the motherboard supports 2 CPUs, and the software "doesn't know" what it uses, so it treats both equally.

Will there be any difference at all?
>>
is it possible to tweak with the android status bar without any xposed modules?
>>
Anyone having experience with postgresql?

After logging in for the first time I tried to create a new database for testing purpose via the console.

createdb testDB1

gives no result but also no error, I can type in anything I want and nothing gives a response or error.

Things like \l to list all dbs do work however.
>>
>>45413434
A separate CPU would have its own L3 and L2 cache.
>>
>>45413456
So, hypotheticaly speaking, 2 single cored CPUs are better than a single dual-core CPU? Because then each core has more cache to operate with.

Am I correct?
>>
>>45413469
depends on the CPU's. Its somewhat complicated question, you're not going to find a simple answer.
>>
>>45412512
How do I find the model number for my computer case so I'll know if my new graphics card will fit. It's not written anywhere inside or out and can't find the box. All I know is that it's cooler master.
>>
>>45413469
Hypothetically yes, but some apps may have issues scaling well with multi-CPU setups. You only see dual-CPU setups in high-end servers sometimes.

For most, CPU isn't the bottleneck.
>>
>>45413487
Aha, thank you very much, kind anon.
>>
My laptop is shit but i only use it for uni so i dont want to upgrade. I need a linux distro and a browser that go easy on your computer (especially memory). Any suggestions?
>>
File: iduno.png (49 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
iduno.png
49 KB, 500x327
Inno3D GeForce GTX 970 OC 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card £239.99

or

Zotac GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card £247.58

or

Zotac GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card ex display for £236.140

I have just under 30 minutes to make a decision
>>
File: fragezeichennepu.gif (294 KB, 328x263) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichennepu.gif
294 KB, 328x263
What's the right way to bump a question on a mailing list? Do I just reply to myself and include please_respond.jpg?
>>
>>45413534
lubuntu
>>
>>45413569
Get ASUS, faggot.
>>
Amazon HD7? Quad core, mini hdmi, front and back cameras, 16Gb. Wifi. $140.

Worth it?
>>
>>45413584
thats an extra 50 squid I'm not willing to spend
>>
File: sip.jpg (168 KB, 540x936) Image search: [Google]
sip.jpg
168 KB, 540x936
>>45413599
It'll also work longer than just until the end of the warranty + 1 day.
>>
How come whenever I boot into a LiveUSB of some Linux distro (usually to fuck with my partitions or some other quick task I can't do as easily from Windows) it fucks with my RAID and knocks all of the drives offline until I completely unplug the system for like 10 seconds and plug it back in?

I've never actually noticed anything getting corrupted and it always works fine after this, but it still worries me a bit. Is these dumbass linux distros trying to write data to my individual RAID drives and fucking up the array in the process or something, just in such small increments I don't notice?

Never seen it happen with Windows LiveUSBs only Linux ones. Tried several distros (Ubuntu, Mint, some other small one I can't remember) and always this result.
>>
>>45413610
It's because you have neither hardware nor software raid, but some shitty pseudo-raid that depends on windows drivers.
>>
I'm working on an ePub book and have fonts in the Fonts folder that is not in the same directory as the webpages. I use Sigil and when I look at the webpages in Sigil the fonts are correct, but when I view the ePUb anywhere else the fonts aren't working. I've tried looking at the pages with web browsers and they don't see the fonts either unless the fonts folder is in the same directory. This is the directory structure and the code I'm using:

./
./Text - Webpages
./Fonts - Fonts
./Styles - Styles
etc...

In the stylesheet:
@font-face{font-family:Garamond; src: url('../Fonts/AgaramondPro-Regular.otf');}

It seems to happen only with fonts since the images don't give me any problems. Is there some other way to tell the StyleSheet where the font is? Do I need to use double quotes instead of single quotes? I've tried looking it up but most CSS tutorials don't mention if changing the path for fonts affects is.

~Thanks
>>
>>45413604
zotacs have 5 year warranty
>>
>>45413619
Pretty sure it's managed by my BIOS though.
>>
>>45413634
Yes, that doesn't mean it's a real RAID controller. It's one of those pseudo-raid controller that let windows build a "software-raid".

I think CentOS can handle them, but don't take my word for it.
>>
>>45413594
Still time to abort. But it feels like the price is right. There is a VLC app for pron and movies, e-books, FB, twitter, all that shit. Casual games. My only concern is the 16Gb hard limit. But there's an app for retrieving files from a PC. Is that good enough to approach unlimited storage? Also, I heard the sound was bready.
>>
>>45413646
Ask yourself: Can it play 10 bit h264 anime?
>>
>>45413645
Pretty sure it's ich10r, this is pseudo-RAID then?
>>
Guys. I'm looking for a small mouse (size of Razer Naga) that is good, could you name few?
>>
>>45413664
Yes, it uses the CPU for its calculations, while a real RAID controller does it by itself. This is also why it doesn't work correctly without it's Windows drivers.

It's pretty much a filthy hack because Windows doesn't have something like md.
>>
>>45413661
Should that be a deal breaker? Is it that good? Serious question.
>>
>>45413686
A'ight just assumed my BIOS handled it since I didn't actually have to do anything special in Windows for it to work. I guess the driver was just prebundled in there or something then.
>>
Can we stop seeing that fuckface every single damn time?
>>
>>45413690
Do you want to watch anime on it?
>>
>>45413698
No.
It has always been Dwight, so Dwight it should remain.
>>
>>45413700
I do, and from what I've read, it does. So, hurray?
>>
>>45413717
Go for it. It's just 140 bucks, after all.
>>
l et say I'm watching Netflix and my monitor goes to sleep is it normal that when I wake it up the screen is on image before it went to sleep and need a second to start the new images
>>
Can someone of you reccomend to me a good website/youtube video where i could learn UNIX?
Since now all of the tutorials i've seen are shit.
>>
>>45413726
computer just fucking woke up from sleeping, still groggy and needs time to get up to speed
>>
>>45413725
Going. I'll upload a review at some point. The original Kindle (with free 3g) saved my ass this summer when I had no other internet connection. So, I like the idea of having something in reserve, even if it is just WiFi. I can always hang in the dumptser behind McD.
>>
>>45413683
Please? Why not ever /g/ is friendly?
>>
>>45413725
That's a lot to me.
>>
>>45413750
Computer is fine it outputing audio the monitor just goes to sleep
>>
got a problem with cron here:

I'm running a script that selects a random wallpaper and sets it using feh
it works without problems when run manually, but fucks up when using cron:

Crontab:
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/home/anon/bin
DISPLAY=:0

#change wallpaper erry 15 minutes
*/15 * * * * wallpaper.sh

/var/mail:
To: anon
Subject: Cron <anon> wallpaper.sh
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/home/anon/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <DISPLAY=:0>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/home/anon>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=anon>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=anon>
Message-Id: <20141201121...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 13:15:01 +0100 (CET)

No protocol specified
feh ERROR: Can't open X display. It *is* running, yeah?

so, cron cannot find the X display
echo $DISPLAY in a terminal returns :0

this shit used to work with cron before I installed the nvidia drivers, so I guess it changed the actual display name to something retarded?

pls halp
>>
>>45412542
Turn off system restore points or shrink the size of the number the pc saves.

You only need 1 if at all and it's best to manually make it
>>
I got the VG248QE monitor and a month later I'm noticing jagged edges in my gaymes. I never had to turn on AA before but now I do. Is this normal monitor behavior? My old monitor did the same thing, this is kinda shitty.

Please respond, this is really bothering me and detracting my experience with the monitor.
>>
>>45414107
in wallpaper.sh add at near the top:

export DISPLAY=:0
>>
I am trying to install rEFInd on Windows 7 amd6 (for multi-booting), but I can only find information on how to do so on itanium (the argument /S to mount the boot partition only works on itanium). It is MBR in case it matters, I have no clue about Windows...
>>
first time linux user, i just installed ubuntu and I have no idea how to update my drivers, I downloaded them off the nvidia site but it always opens as a text file, please help
>>
>>45414282
*amd64 obviously
also, this is the guide for Windows:
http://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/installing.html#windows
>>
Going to pick up a new laptop in a few days/weeks depending on sales in stock etc

What is the best and fastest way to mass transfer files to the new laptop?

I don't to go out and buy an external too but if I have to I then I will

Are there special usb adaptors I could use?

Gonna move at least 400 gb of data so I really don't want to have to do it twice using the external drive method and have shit internet so uploading to a cloud is out of the question
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GDTVbv

How long do you think a build like this will stay relevant for gaming/video editing on the highest settings
>>
>>45413070
Sata and eSata are the same, eSata has a more durable (and expensive to manufacture) adapter. Get a cheap cable from wherever. Use an old PSU or something to power the drive.
>>
WHAT browser should I use on Android? Just got it and I don't want to use the chrome botnet so need assistance
>>
What's the difference between a command-line interface and a shell, or is a CLI a shell? I don't fucking get it. Is it a way to type in commands one by one? Isn't that what terminals are for? wtf wtf
>>
Can I torrent through TOR ?
>>
>>45414486
ye
>>
What's a good mITX motherboard with all USB 3.0 (no USB 2.0) and DisplayPort (no HDMI)?

Also, who makes GPUs with only DisplayPort ports on them?

When we have backward compatibility and adapters I just don't see the point of the old shit hanging around.
>>
>>45414288
distro?

>>45414427
search shell on wikipedia, the first line say:

>In computing, a shell is a user interface for access to an operating system's services. In general, operating system shells use either a command-line interface (CLI) or graphical user interface (GUI), depending on a computer's role and particular operation.
>>
Alright, does this look like a good build for gayman? First time building it, do I need cooling paste if I plan to overclock the i5, and will the psu be enough for SLI later on?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/H43NWZ
>>
>>45413683
G400? Zowie FK?
>>
File: image.png (6 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
6 KB, 500x250
>>45414427
300 hours on kolourpaint
>>
>>45414282
>>45414302
bump
>>
>>45414506
>Also, who makes GPUs with only DisplayPort ports on them?
probably no one since DP is too new. I recently bought a 970 and it has hdmi, dvi and 3x displayport. We will not get rid of dvi and hdmi so yet
>>
>>45413745
/g/
>>
>>45413142
This. Holy fuck that took forever.
>>
File: o.png (64 KB, 851x564) Image search: [Google]
o.png
64 KB, 851x564
How an I run a VM and *force* all network traffic through a proxy? Because last time I tried, I put a OS level proxy on the system but it still resolved to my real IP. How the fuck?

And TAILS is broken vulnerable shit, they have an "unsafe browser mode" that bypasses all the TOR tunneling meaning hypothetically any program could bypass it as well. I need to operate a VM with 100% certainty that my real IP won't leak.
>>
>>45414518
pls respond
>>
I lost my laptop charger.

Is there a way I can charge my battery as I wait for my replacement charger?
>>
>>45414709
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtlWskMvz0
>>
>>45414700
Take an optical drive that can read blu-ray discs.
>>
>>45414709
If you leave it out in the sun it'll gain about 10% charge per hour.
>>
4 year old PC and slowing down. What kind of diagnostics can i run to find out what parts need to be replaced?
>>
>>45414726
kek
>>
>>45414721
Why?
>>
starting C++ and i have eclipse but when ever i put in practice code its does not recognize the code. could it be because it says java in the up'er right? and if so how do i get it to recognize C++ code? or is there no really problem?
>>
>>45414730
Try just doing a fresh install of your OS. Usually when something starts slowing down it's because of a software issue, hardware issues are more likely to just make it stop working entirely rather than slow it down.

Only thing I can think of that would cause this is a hard drive that's failing, so you could find some tool for this I guess.
>>
>>45414741
> C++
> Eclipse
Dude, use Code::Blocks if you are a noob.
>>
>>45414304
yes, take out the hard drive from new laptop, then connect using sata like usual. boot up. then use richcopy or robocopy. it will help a lot by reducing corrupting files.
>>
>>45414748
alright, thanks
>>
>>45414737
If you want to read blu-ray discs.
>>
>>45414749
well the stuff i have to send in the instructor wants it in eclipse
>>
Does a custom domain + email offer more continuity than just having a free gmail account?
>>
>>45414765
Otherwise it's fine? I can't think of when I'd need to read them, other than a couple of movies which I have lying around, but even then, I could just pirate them.

Does the PC look okay otherwise?
>>
Tablet that can run linux?
>>
>>45414804
I don't know about the cooler, but otherwise it seems okay.
>>
>>45413580
fucking casual.
Arch Gentoo al the way.

Would recommend lubuntu or linux mint with xfce or mate by the way.>>45413577
>>
Is there a LiveCD/DVD/USB/whatever with a tiling WM? I want to check it out in case I don't like it.
>>
>>45412542
http://www.archlinux.org
>>
Is Harmann Kardon audio worth the price or overpriced?
>>
>>45414514
>>45414620
omg thank you so much I FINALLY GET IT and great artwork for real
>>
>>45414813
Android
>>
>>45414851
You be better off running it in a VM

>>45414749
I think that (on Windows) VisualStudio is still the best C++ IDE.
Probably the one Microsoft product I have no complains about.
>>
>>45414772
Use Eclipse CDT ?
>>
Adesso ig25.>>45413027
Change vga cable or gpu is bad
>>
>>45413053
Blood flow is reduced in hand holding mouse
>>
>>45414325
Naked Browser, you can find the free apk on the official site, Google it
>>
File: 1406849174569.jpg (36 KB, 356x374) Image search: [Google]
1406849174569.jpg
36 KB, 356x374
>motherboard and PSU I wanted to order jumped up in price overnight
what the fuck, Newegg.
>>
was gonna bye an ASUS STRIX-GTX970 but it sold out anything I can replace it with that will work in this build?
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gWLdgs
>>
My Safari bookmarks are being deleted every time I close the browser.

Every fix I've seen refers to a "Bookmarks.plist" file that I should have, but for some reason it just isn't there. I can't find any information on how to get the file back

pls help ;_;
>>
>>45415172
>Safari
Sorry, but - why?
>>
I have a Nokia N95 and when I put an SD card in it, it asks for a password, but I've never set a password on it. I've also formatted it like 5 times. It works on my PC too. wat do?
>>
So I have a Gigabyte R9 290 WF3, and I'm thinking about getting another card. Will it work with a Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC in crossfire? Or am I better off ordering an identical one?

The Sapphire was cheaper right now, so that might be a plus, but I rather have it just work smoothly.
>>
Is there a Firefox addon that can download an entire youtube playlist?
>>
>>45415238
No, but there is a program that does it. Sadly it's only for Windows.
>>
>>45414518
I'd say order some cooling paste. But why no SSD? HDD are so painfully slow to start compared to SSD, it is worth it.
>>
>>45415238
I don't know, but youtube-dl can do that
>>
>>45415189
Thought I'd try it out after buying a Macbook and I prefer it over the OS X version of Chrome.
>>
>>45415255
youtube-dl works on Linux.
>>
>>45415273
Forgot about it. Sorry
>>
So /g,
tomorrow i have to do a quick presentation about myself.
Schulische / universitäre Ausbildung und Berufserfahrung (deutsch)

Ihre Motivation und Erwartungen an das Praktikum (englisch)

The second part is "your expectations and motivation for the internship.
What generic shit does /g say at this point ?
>>
Hey /g/ I had this probrem with my LiDE 210 where if I scanned at 600 DPI the image got stretched. Turns out it can be solved by using a newer version of the genesys backend.
http://t72573.graphics-scanning-sane-development.graphictalk.info/genesys-canon-lide-210-aspect-ratio-problem-at-600-dpi-t72573.html
>Hello, I have fixed the issue of distorted pictures in grey mode for DPI >= 600 DPI. I have also fixed 600 DPI accuracy problem. All these fixes are available in SANE's git source tree, with genesys backend internal build version 2504.
So how can I get it?
>>
>>45415209
Nevermind, broke the card out of rage
>>
http://www.amazon.com/DVI-I-Dual-Link-Female-HDMI/dp/B008LTIV8A/
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-DVI-Cable-Adapter-DVIVGAMF/dp/B000067SOH/

Would this 2 be enough to connect my PS3 to my PC VGA Monitor/TV with non-working HDMI port?
>>
Google's search menu, is there a way to add Youtube to it? And is there a way to make the tabs static, like "Web Images Videos ..." all the time, instead of them getting sorted differently with each fucking search.
>>
>>45415150
Some other 970?
>>
>>45415298
Or should I just wait till debian jessie gets the new version of xsane? how long can that take?
>>
What's the best capture device for streaming?

Ideally one that can handle both pc and consoles.

Bonus points for listing [BEST] and [good performance/price]
>>
>>45415293
I hope I will learn to work in a professional context with a competent staff and that it will be instructive and fulfilling.
I also want to bring my contribution to an irl project and be proud of it.
>>
File: 2014-12-01 08.52.46.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-01 08.52.46.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Should I keep my case door open for dat airflow, or closed for dat sound-dampening? Or is there no problem; does the closed door provide enough air for the fans?

Pic related
>>
>>45415293
- Die eigenen Leistungen statt im geschützten schulischen Rahmen in der Arbeitswelt erproben
- Unterschiede feststellen, analysieren und Lern- und Arbeitsweise dementsprechend anpassen
- Was brauche ich um wirklich realistisch wettbewerbsfähig zu sein?
- Lernen von Menschen mit Berufserfahrung
- Wie ist das Arbeitsklima in meiner Branche, wie sieht Teamarbeit aus
- Welche soft skills sind tatsächlich wichtig für meinen Beruf
- Welche Nische innerhalb meiner Branche interessiert mich und ist meinen Fähigkeiten gemäß -> Fokus für das weitere Arbeiten
>>
>>45415381
If it's a well designed case then the door is meant to be closed for best airflow.
>>
What's a good wireless card for around $20?( that fits in enthoo pro with msi 970)
>>
>>45415381
which case is that? does it have a dust filter even on the lateral fan?
>>
File: How much did tha holla cost?.jpg (89 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
How much did tha holla cost?.jpg
89 KB, 768x432
>>45415387
>>45415293
Es ist Zeit für Rache! Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten! SIEG HEIL! SIEG HEIL!
>>
>>45415381
What do you think of the R4? I'm thinking about getting it, but 100€ seems expensive just for case. On the other side it's quiet and doesn't look like ricer garbage.
>>
>>45415381
Those slits on the side of the front panel are specifically designed to allow airflow with the door closed.
It would be retarded if closing the door would block airflow.
>>
>>45415387
>>45415351
Danke!! More answers would be appreciated :)
>>
50Hz or 100Hz LCD TV? Primarily for anime (pc input).
>>
Is it worth it to void my phones warrenty by tripping Knox and installing CM? Galaxy S5. I don't use fingerprints or any of the TW features. I really want pure Lollipop.
>>
Anyone know where i could find some high quality rain and thunder ambience?
>>
>>45415574

Just for anime, you'll never need a high refresh rate monitor. They're never going to make an anime that plays above 30fps.
>>
>>45415126
cybermonday does that... better wait a couple of days, perhaps?
>>
I want two way communication between my x61 (debian) and arduino with hc-05.

Can someone please give me some directions on how to get serial bluetooth?

I found this for windows but can't find anything useful for linux http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-2-Way-Bluetooth-Connection-Between-Arduino-a/?ALLSTEPS
>>
>>45415468
Define R4
It has dust filters on the front and bottom fan intakes, but not on the side. There's a panel with sound dampening material on the side and top you can take off to mount additional fans.

>>45415513
Im not the guy you're replying to but I've had the case for over a year, I think it's glorious. There's a lot of room for long GPUs, large CPU coolers and (if you'd want that) watercooling setups. Airflow is very good, keeping my overclocked 3570K and SLI setup cool. No sharp metal edges on the inside, great cable management options, enough places to add case fans, built in 5/7/12v fan controller switch, thick, sturdy steel panels with noise dampening material.

Keep in mind though, it's big and very heavy.
>>
If I'm on a 4.3 rom and I flash a nandroid recovery from when I first rooted, will I be fully back on stock (4.2.2) with root and still receive OTAs?
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (36 KB, 640x702) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
36 KB, 640x702
I was given a small set of small speakers with a subwoofer and I honestly don't want or need the subwoofer, but I like it because it comes with a really nice volume dial.

I keep this setup right next to my bed where I plug in and listen to podcasts right before falling asleep. I love the big volume dial because I keep it on my bed and I can effortlessly adjust the volume without having fiddle with my phone/mp3 player or bending out of bed to turn the volume knobs on the speakers themselves.

I would love to have this setup minus the subwoofer. I can't simply exclude the subwoofer because the volume dial has a special plug that only plugs into the subwoofer and the dial gets power through the subwoofer (the volume dial has a blue led that shines while it's on)

Are you guys familiar with this type of plug that the volume dial uses? I want to pick up something that takes the place of the subwoofer, but is much smaller than it. I really just don't like how much space the subwoofer takes up.
>>
>>45415726
disconnect the speaker wire ?
>>
>tfw I need to get a job next year
Ok /g/, time to be honest... What's the best paying programming language right now?
>>
How do I encrypt my USB and what software would I need to go about doing that?
>>
>>45415758
x86 assembly
>>
>>45415768
dm-crypt/LUKS
>>
Is it sane to buy a cheap pre built desktop and to add better parts as I can afford them?
>>
>>45415782
what would be a windows alternative to those?
>>
>>45415749

I want to keep the volume dial, but it needs the subwoofer to work.
>>
>>45415793
Truecrypt i guess, however its compromised.
>>
>>45415774
No trolling pls
>>
besides not using public wifi
how do I avoid getting my email password /banking logging info stolen when using public wifi?
>>
File: 1417034004151.gif (830 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1417034004151.gif
830 KB, 250x250
>>45415789
not really, why not build cheap desktop and add parts as you can afford them?
>>
So if I replaced the charge port in my laptop and it powers on but won't post it means I fucked up? Friend is saying I need a new charger because of the wattage.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.