[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup bros I'm looking to drop a few hundred on sound equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Sup bros

I'm looking to drop a few hundred on sound equipment for my car

what's the best brand for speakers, a stereo, and a subwoofer?

separate brands per thing?

are Kenwood, Pioneer, Memphis, or Infinity good? how about Bose, for cars?

I'm completely lost in this field
>>
>>44675469
Wouldn't a good sound system cost more than just a few hundred?
>>
>>44675469
bose is the apple of sound systems

maybe ask >>>/o/ but i am sure there is a guide somewhere
>>
>>44675469
>degenerate scum wants to annoy his whole neighbourhood and everywhere he drives
>>
>>44675571
Making assumptions. Get your license first, sonny.
>>
>>44675594
Only the lowest of the ghetto niggas and nigga cock lovers want that shit for their car.
>>
>>44675469
Dont get that fucking Walmart shit, get Rockford Fosgate
>>
>>44675594
A $40 radio/stereo/cd/cassette/8track from Radio Shack is good enough for anyone.
Get bent.
>>
>>44676599
10 years of car sound experience says Rockford Fosgate is placebo.
>>
>>44676753
It might be a little overpriced but it's top quality.
>>
>>44675644
>>44676646

>they still take the bus to go places :D
>>
>>44676812
I drive everywhere I go, and the default speaker system is enough.
There is no reason to spend >$100, let alone a few hundred, on a civilian vehicle speaker system.
>>
>>44675469
please invest in some insulation to prevent rattling, save yourself some embarrassment
>>
>>44675469
Don't ask /g/ for car audio recommendations. It's a bunch of fat neckbeards who really like ugly Thinkpads.

Alright, anyways, for a subwoofer you're going to want to stick with brands that do JUST car audio. So no Sony bullshit. I'd recommend Kicker. You could get a 12 or 15" Kicker comp for only around $80+60 for an amp. Amps, go with whatever brand you want. Hifonics are good.

Speakers, go with some Sony or my personal favorites, Polks. (DB series is great)

As for HUs, go with a Kenwood, JVC, or Pioneer. Stay away from those stupid touch screens. If you want recommendations for certain products, just ask.
>>
>>44676837

????
Some people have other priorities than you????
like higher audio fidelity ....?
...not everyone is u????
>>
>>44676853
Rattling is nothing to be ashamed of, bud.
>>
>>44676890
Higher audio fidelity is useless if you are driving, as you would need to be actively listening to enjoy it, which is distracting from driving.
>>44676905
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>44676753
This. Rockford Fosgate=Bose.

Decent quality shit, looks real fancy, not worth the pretty pennies.
>>
File: 1266126008249.jpg (68 KB, 305x196) Image search: [Google]
1266126008249.jpg
68 KB, 305x196
>>44676879
>kicker
>>
>>44676837
>Civilian Vehicle Speaker System
>Civilian
>civvy
civs
>Weapons Munitions Capacitors
> Military Grade Subs
>T-1 Abhrams Bass Cannon
>Lock-On drivers
>Homing Frequences
>100k rpm 35''s
>>
>>44676925
Fuck off, go put on your MTH cans and listen to some metal, faggot.
>>
>>44676879
Are you asian or brown?
>>
>>44676930
Go ahead and listen to someone with a good setup with some cheap ass CVXs and tell me what's better, faggot.
>>
>>44676935
There is no discernible purpose to that post.
>>44676947
Angry because you realize you're wrong.
I'm so sorry that the only way you can express yourself is via negative actions like bombarding public airspace with noise and lashing out at people trying to help you.
>>
>>44676949
White.
>>
>>44676905
>Invest in speaker system to be worth a fraction of your car
>Likes the bellowing and rattling metal trashing whatever you're trying to listen to
>>
In my experiences, there aren't any really bad 'brands' as far as car audio goes. It really depends on how much you spend, each brand offers stuff at different price points, the more you spend the better equipment you get.

I've had a low end Kenwood 12 inch sub when I first started. It was very rumbly but loud and impressed people who don't know shit about audio.

I then moved up to a mid-range Polk sub and the sound quality was a huge improvement over the Kenwood. It was loud but clear and pretty much perfect by my standards, but I'm sure there is much better out there.

I have a friend who has a an Alpine Type-R and it's ridiculous, probably the best sub for the price.

As far as midrange speakers/tweeters go, always try and get some component speakers, just look for ones that fit with good reviews. Same rule about more money = better sound applies.

Don't skimp out on proper cable gauges, amplifiers, and the wiring you'll need to do. You may need to upgrade your car's alternator and battery to be able to keep it running properly, as well as investing in capacitors to prevent headlight dimming.

In all honesty, if you aren't willing to get at least decent products for a car audio setup, it isn't fucking worth it.
>>
>>44676986
My car's lined with DM pal, my shit is straight. I'm just saying if you get pissed when you hear someone's slaps, you need to fuck off.
>>
>>44676986
there's no discernible reason to qualify your car speaker system as "civilian"
>>
>>44676975
my ford explorer with 2 12" sony subs hit harder than any dumb ass piece of shit kicker(s) in whatever car you have

kickers are for retards
>>
>>44677066
Than my car? Hahahahhahah. Fuck outta here. I got a 4-ohm l7 15" and 2 CVXs running off a 2000 and a 1000 boy. I can set off alarms with my Tahoe. Fuck your ghetto ford.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.