[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mechanical keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11
File: Ultimate_hero_1024x1024.jpg (70 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_hero_1024x1024.jpg
70 KB, 1024x614
Hi,

I will be ordering my first mechanical keyboard today and I want to ask you about your opinion on the Das Keyboard. I'm thinking about getting a Das Keyboard model S Ultimate, but I still haven't decided between MX Blue and MX Brown. I will not be using it in an isolated area, so there will often be people around me. What do you recommend?
>>
>>44355576
reddit ---> MechanicalKeyboards
>>
>>44355576
I have it. It's great. No need for the ultimate.
>>
>>44355672
sweet

>>44355686
MX Blue or MX Brown?
>>
>>44355576

I have it with blue keys. Was great using at work.
>>
>>44355731
i have professional with browns. They are great.
>>
even though I don't own a mechanical keyboard for myself (poorfag), I heard that the browns are worse than the blues, for some reason. but to avoid annoying the people around you, get the browns.
>>
>>44355902
Do you have any idea why are they worse?
>>
>>44355902
They're not bad at all. If you're worried about how loud the keyboard is you can also get little o rings and put them under the keycaps to prevent them from bottoming out.
>>
>>44355902
there isn't the best or the worst. it's a matter of personal taste
>>
>>44355576
For gayman and typing, Browns would be the choice - right?
Also, I am too retarded for daskeyboard - is K70 any good? I am thinking of buying it because its not that expensive where i live and i like having a wrist-rest
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I want to buy a mechanical keyboatd but i cant seem to find one with this layout which I love (i dont mean nordic layout but the compact ish arrow key placement.
>>
What are the top build quality mechanical keyboard brands?
>>
>>44356933
I don't know how updated this guide is but this is what I found
>>
>>44356840
Do you need the tenkey pad? Because there are a number of keyboards with the arrow keys squashed below like that, though not necessarily the half-size keys. See the Noppoo Choc Mini, for example.
>>
>>44356964
>Das Model S
My penis is hard now.
>>
File: 41n596w3zgL.jpg (24 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
41n596w3zgL.jpg
24 KB, 500x275
>>44355576
Is the the Cherry G80-3850LSBDE-2 MX-Board 3.0 with Blue Switches a good choice /g/?
>>
>>44356987
I'd prefer a keyboard with the wrist rest , i am also >>44356783 by the way
>>
>>44357129
Personally I don't like the design, but yeah it's a very good keyboard.
>>
>>44357183
Why not just have an external wrist rest?

To your other question, I'd say Browns are still a great in-between switch. I have a Filco TKL and a Noppoo Choc Mini with browns, and love them both. (I also have a Poker with reds, and love the feel, but haven't ever gotten totally used to the chording necessary for home/end/etc.)
>>
>>44357225
I move my keyboard around constantly depending on what i'm doing, so it would be pretty annoying to have to move the wrist wrest - i'm just lazy, really. This is why I thought about the Corsair K70 but since you don't own it, I guess there's no point in asking you - thanks for the help so far though.
By the way, do the browns make significantly more noise than reds? I want to be a faster typer as well but gaming is primarily what I do, and I don't really like my keyboard to send all kinds of noise to my >friends on my microphone.
>>
Anyone here have an HHKB Pro2, or used one? With all the mech keyboards that have come out in the last few years, I'm wondering if a good alternative to the HHKBPro2 has come out, hopefully not using Topre? I like the idea of the layout, but can't justify dropping $250+ on one and risk not liking the switches. Plus I'd think someone might have a more fully-featured keyboard with that layout approach.
>>
>>44357293
I think the browns don't really make more noise than the reds. It's easier to type very lightly with the reds, though, so you can reduce noise that way, through technique. Note that different boards with the same switches sound different, too--my Noppoo is decidedly more sharp-sounding than my Filco, both with browns.
>>
>>44355576
Consider the new corsair rgb.
I have the old k70 with mx reds. the keycaps aren't that great so i replaced them with pbt keycaps from wasd.

you can also put orings on mx blues but that just defeats the purpose of having an audible click on the blues. if sound is an issue go with browns.

my main drivers right now is wasd v2 and a kbt poker 2 (pic is someone else's)

tbh the reddit community is actually decent for information. geekhack, deskthority is ok too.
>>
Will finally be getting my hands on one of these soon
>>
>>44357442
Is there an option not to have that horrible spacebar?
>>
>>44357460

because you don't like the text?

you can buy a keycap for like $6
>>
File: 91U8gU5.jpg (457 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
91U8gU5.jpg
457 KB, 2448x1836
Is this the perfect laptop setup?
>>
>>44357364
I'm afraid he won't like the new logo they put on the new version of the k70 rgb
>>
>>44357309

I was wondering the same thing myself recently.

Decided to go with the Poker II, but mainly because it's cheaper
>>
Is this too ricey for /g/?
>>
>>44357482
Yeah, it's really obnoxious. Replacement keycaps are available that match perfectly? I wouldn't want to just buy "white" and have it be the wrong shade.
>>
>>44357567
i love it, where do i buy it
>>
>>44357595

I'm not sure about that
>>
File: Zlv7RyG.jpg (409 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
Zlv7RyG.jpg
409 KB, 3110x2073
>>44355576
Browns. Blues are loud as shit.

>>44355902
>I heard that the browns are worse than the blues

No. Switches are subjective tastes.

>>44356840
Quickfire TK is one of the mechanical few boards with a tenkey that isn't too expensive. I think you will be hard pressed to find a board that is TK layout with arrow keys, and even more so with compact arrow keys since mechanical switches have a fairly standard size to begin with. If I were you I would either go TKL or full sized and just get used to the new layout instead.

>>44357567
Filcos are nice. Too ricey for /g/ are keyboards with gaymen fonts, "macro" and "media" buttons, logo plastering everywhere and leds (duckys are a rare exception).
>>
>numpadless keyboards
Literally why?
Do you fags not do any work on your pcs or something?
>>
>>44357720
Not accounting, no. I type few enough numbers on the job that I rarely used the numpad. If I ever have a need to crunch a lot of numbers, I'll buy an extra numpad for that...but it's been years since I switched to TKL and have never regretted it.
>>
>>44357720
I do, but i'm not an accountant or do much numerical work so I don't need one.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.