[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/. I've been using Ganoo slash loonix for a while,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: brownian_motion.png (34 KB, 433x461) Image search: [Google]
brownian_motion.png
34 KB, 433x461
Hello /g/. I've been using Ganoo slash loonix for a while, however I need your help.

I have installed Fallout and it runs great with wine. However; I don't like having to sift through folders to finally find the exe file and run it through wine, so naturally I created a symlink using
ln -s /home/sam/.wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Fallout/falloutw.exe  fallout
and running wine over the said symlink. Of course it didn't work, I get "wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\fallout.exe" " as an error.

Any one have an idea about how can I fix this?
>>
File: mandelbrot.png (31 KB, 404x433) Image search: [Google]
mandelbrot.png
31 KB, 404x433
bumping with cool fractals using recursion and OCaml
>>
>>44343557
It thinks you're trying to run the program, not the symlink.

Try wine ./fallout
>>
>>44343662
Oh, thank you. We're making progress, I just get a "masterfile not found error". Apparently it found fallout but not the other files in the same folder.
>>
>>44343684
It probably expects these files to be in your working directory.

you can run it like this w/o a symlink:
cd ~/.wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Fallout/ && wine fallout.exe
>>
>>44343557
use an alias in .bashrc
>>
>>44343746
Thanks but the whole point is to run the game with a short command instead of having to navigate my file arborescence every single time.

>>44343757
How do I do that
>>
>>44343776
alias fallout='wine /home/sam/.wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Fallout/falloutw.exe'

then you can run fallout from anywhere
>>
>>44343776
>Thanks but the whole point is to run the game with a short command instead of having to navigate my file arborescence every single time.

Make a small script
>>
>>44343789
Thank you based Anon.
>>
>>44343813
Alternatively, you can just use a script:
echo "wine /home/sam/.wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Fallout/falloutw.exe" > fallout.sh && chmod u+x fallout.sh

Then you can just click on it from your desktop.
>>
>>44343854
>>44343789
Actually wine doesn't seem to be able to run the game with either of these scripts. Can't find the masterfile. Oh well.
>>
>>44343909
alias fallout='cd  /home/sam/.wine/drive_c/GOG\ Games/Fallout/ && wine ./falloutw.exe'
>>
>>44343909
>>44343981
oh, and you can add
&& cd -'
after exe if you want to go back to the directory you were in
>>
File: 1392024865514.gif (3 MB, 150x118) Image search: [Google]
1392024865514.gif
3 MB, 150x118
>>44344004
>>44343981
Absolutely based
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.