[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lo/g/os linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: YIfvPFT.png (146 KB, 3542x4998) Image search: [Google]
YIfvPFT.png
146 KB, 3542x4998
Hey guys

https://install-logos.github.io/

This project seems great, but the link for the iso is dead. How can I get it ? It looks cool.

Also, is it finished ?
>>
>>52098276
Their icon is finished
>>
>https://install-logos.github.io/
I have studied why the other OS developed by /g/ failed. Technically, most of them, if not all, were parochially successful with a few stable .iso releases but they failed to leave prints on the sands of time. Lo/g/os cannot be another Jiyuu or Clover OS, which failed because they have nothing to offer: merely changing the name, logo and adding a few bloatwares is plagiarism and ultimately meaningless.

top kek
>>
>>52098288
Here is the "todo" file

>decide on which direction [Debian, Red Hat, Arch Linux, LFS] - Decided: Arch
>decide on package manager [pacman, rpm, apt-get] - Decided: pacman
>decide window manager [i3-wm] - Decided: i3
>decide on which packages [tox] - Decided: firefox, ffmpeg, mpd, ncmpcpp, mpv

>Current Outline:
>Modify packages.build and airootfs for default installed software, configs
>Create script to do additional installation as well as selection of machine specific drivers, e.g. nvidia or amd

what else has to be done ?
>>
File: logos.png (16 KB, 967x593) Image search: [Google]
logos.png
16 KB, 967x593
>>52098288
>>
>>52098288
I think someone else needs to do it.
>>
>>52098288
kek
>>
Just use screenfetch -D 'Logos'

Btw never forget.
>>
>>52098276
Ah man. working on this was a load of fun. Why don't we have more open source projects /g/?
>>
>>52101791
Someone should start another lo/g/os.
>>
>>52101752
What irc client is that btw?
>>
>>52101803
Cool, I will make the logo
>>
>>52101833
see >>51946558
>>
Lo/g/os isn't a project quite original. But damn, the branding is great.

I mean, the logo DOES look good.

Starting another like >>52101803 said wouldn't be clever. Let's finish lo/g/os first, then we will market this OS and win tons of money.
>>
pretty sure they started working on this instead - https://github.com/install-logos/ricedb
>>
>>52102526
and does it work ?
>>
File: 1424991557373.png (49 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1424991557373.png
49 KB, 1920x1080
>>52098276
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:PUHGRIDONUGMJCWCVCI5JOYATWFK5KUB&dn=logoslinux-2015.03.16-dual.iso&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337
>>
>>52101683
They should really fix that missing space bug.
OCD intensivlies
>>
>>52102613
I just tried it, and no.
>>
>>52102526
and they stopped working on it the same time they dropped logos
>>
>>52102613
>The project was in active development up until the beta release, upon which the developers decided to put the project on hiatus to focus on other things. I was the lead developer at the time, and am trying to find people who would be willing to help continue the project. I've been busy with personal things, but am still very interested in seeing it progress.
>25 May 2015

>Last commit 22 June 2015

probably not
>>
If anyone want to know more about lo/g/os, what happend, how it died, check out the dev chat history at gitter: https://gitter.im/nih0/logos .
>>
I remember that ircfags who forked lo/g/os and created ricebowl, basically lo/g/os, but without /g/.
>>
>>52102639
thank you sir
>>
So is something currently going on? Any /g/ projects? Should we start something?
>>
>>52104009
Perhaps you should try to start it. If you are commited to it, presumaby other people will watch and call you names, until you stop and then threads like this will come up again.
>>
>>52104963
I'm not interested in beginning to start something new, rather contribute to an existing or discontinued one
>>
>>52105038
Well, by all means go ahead, anon.
>>
>>52105276
what is there besides logos and ricedb?
>>
>>52105293
mpv and tox are the biggest /g/ projects beside the wiki
>>
>>52105326
>mpv
>a /g/ project
>>
>>52098276
Just build it from source.

>Use an Arch based distro (not Manjaro, repos are fuck out of date)
>$ pacman -S archiso
>$ git clone https://github.com/install-logos/logos.git
>$ cd logos/releng
>$ sudo ./build -v

It should put an ISO into an out/ folder in the releng directory. You might also need to install a few other packages before you get going (I think you might need binutils IIRC), so just run the script and install everything it tells you it can't find,

Really simple and a decent learning experience. All they're really doing is writing the names of packages into plaintext files and using shell scripts to do some config stuff. All you work in airootfs basically mirrors the root fs of the iso.

More info: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.