[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFMPEG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Need some help with making webms.

Now I've used WEBM for Bakas for a long time in windows 7. But I recently installed win10 and now I can't use 4threads for ffmpeg stuff.
In win7 I was able to.

I have no idea what the issue is and google just gives me circlejerking linux results.

I'm pretty sure I installed ffmpeg correctly since it shows up in the cmd prompt.
>>
>>51911215
>Need some help with making webms.
>I have no idea what the issue is
No one here can help you with ffmpeg unless you post the commands you are attempting to use (as well as the version you are using).

Make sure you use code tags to make it easier to read (see sticky if you are unfamiliar with code tags).

Again, post the command, and the entire output.
>>
>>51911293
Forgot that was a thing here.

Arguments for pass 1:  -i "D:\AE\1439855859037.avi"  -an -c:v libvpx -crf 32 -b:v 5000K   -threads 4  -metadata title="1439855859037" -quality best -lag-in-frames 16 -pass 1 -auto-alt-ref 1 -f webm -y "D:\AE\1439855859037.webm"
ffmpeg version N-62162-gec8789a Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
built on Apr 4 2014 22:01:36 with gcc 4.8.2 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-avisynth --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetype --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib

video:0kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown
Output file is empty, nothing was encoded (check -ss / -t / -frames parameters if used)
--- FFMPEG HAS EXITED ---
--- ENTERING PASS 2 ---
--- FFMPEG HAS EXITED ---

ffmpeg.exe exited with exit code -1073741819. That's usually bad.
If you have no idea what went wrong, open an issue on GitHub and copy paste the output of this window there.

Had to cut some shit.

The issue is simply that I can't use more than 1 thread.
>>
>>51911431
dumb question, but have you tried right-click running it as an admin? Win10 is closing in on linux's pohr requirement of putting in sudo all the time.
>>
>>51911431
I'm on a linux box. When I run ffmpeg, I paste the following into my terminal:
ffmpeg \
-i [INPUT FILE] \
-c:v [VIDEO CODEC INFO] \
-c:a [AUDIO CODEC INFO] \
[OUTPUT FILENAME]

It looks like you are using some type of GUI that I am not familiar with. So, I'm not going to be much help. But just for my own sanity I'm going to rewrite you commands in the way I would have entered them just so I can get a better look without having to Horiz. scroll:
ffmpeg \
-i "D:\AE\1439855859037.avi" \
-an \
-c:v libvpx -crf 32 -b:v 5000K \
-threads 4 \
-metadata title="1439855859037" \
-quality best \
-lag-in-frames 16 \
-pass 1 \
-auto-alt-ref 1 \
-f webm \
-y \
"D:\AE\1439855859037.webm"
>>
>>51911499
Thankfully that didn't fix it. Would have been maddening.

I'm worried that I've done fucked something up since in one of the few games I play, going over 1 thread completely freezes the OS. But at the same time, a friend with the same setup, pretty much, also gets the same issue.

>>51911537
Yeah it's a GUI someone made ages ago that's was named Webm for retards, but recently renamed bakas for some reason.
Really useful for these short simple webms you want done.
>>
>>51911537
OP, are you trying to do one pass or two pass encoding? There is no need to specify "-pass 1" if you are only doing one pass.
>>
>>51911582
>for some reason
retards complained, github took it down
op renamed it then reuploaded it.

i should dig through my backups to see if I have the one that says retards on it..
>>
>>51911215
download the latest version from here:

https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

you are using an outdated build of ffmpeg,
>>
>>51911589
2pass.

>>51911603
Hah, alright.

Yeah I probably have it on my old setup.

Anyway, the error code I'm getting doesn't get me any results either.
>>
>>51911626
Well uh, okay. It's working with this one.

And it's lightning fast.

So the only issue was that the ffmpeg was outdated?
I downloaded 2.8.3.
>>
>>51911703
they probably improved the multi-thread support in newer builds of ffmpeg
>>
>>51911751
Either way, thanks for the help. Back to making quality webms for comfy nights.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.