[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Grils in technology/computer science stories Feel free to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1436967292853.jpg (271 KB, 1100x971) Image search: [Google]
1436967292853.jpg
271 KB, 1100x971
>Grils in technology/computer science stories

Feel free to post what you like.

BR girl in my class is a 5/10 but a decent body. Bf is some white nerd who I guess feels like this was the best he'd do. She's pretty cool but kind of a ditz

>Be 3rd year CS
>She gets full honours, student of the month
>can't program worth a damn, doesn't know shit about basic operating system functionality/networking/anything
>literally just studies to the tests and the questions like a parrot being taught words

Decides she wants a real full-time job, but college says to cover her work placement for 2nd semester it has to be a tech job

>bf hooks her up with good tech job, while the rest of us are struggling
>messages me a week or two into it

"help pls, need to write a powershell script, what even is that?"

>explain to her how google works

>20 mins later she messages me and she's trying commands that won't work but she's basically no idea what she's doing or how to program

She explains she needs to take a txt file of computer names and check if the firewall is on or off

>Be the most beta fgt on the planet and decide to help her because I have nothing else to do on a Wednesday night other than jerk off and shitpost on /g/

Learn some powershell scripting. At this point she's gone home from work with nothing done. Begin writing script and have a working solution that wasn't copypasta from google by about 11:00pm

>Get a msg next morning saying she'll try it out

>Messages me later on that day saying it kind of worked but x
Sends me a screenshot of the IDE, 5 tabs of untitled open where she's clearly tried something but failed.
>>
File: 1444722562526.jpg (68 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1444722562526.jpg
68 KB, 640x960
>>51798246

>contd.

>Go max beta and help. I tell her what she needs to do
Get a message later on that evening saying thanks it worked, "omg tk you sooo much" etc

>Code i wrote is now responsible for checking if some company's firewall is on

The script was largely based off remote sessions. Could have easily written in a backdoor and cat'd the ips of those PC names to a txt file then remotely sent the txt file to a server of my choosing. Thus having full unrestricted access (pretty likely as I'm sure one of the PCs would have admin) to the entire company's network.

>hue hue I guess
>>
>be me 3rd year in top ten university
>8/10 grrl in artificial intelligence class
>she's clearly retarded and probably only got in because affirmative action
>realize she's smarter than me
>>
>>51798246
>>51798254
>literally spoonfeeding
Literally.
>>
There aren't any girls.
>>
>>51798345

Yeh pretty much, to be fair there's a few guys that are far far worse. Don't want to see like I'm honing in on grils. Just usually I find helping them has far more hilarious results, like compromising the security of a large company
>>
>>51798335
>things that don't happen or exist on /g/
>>
>does things to help someone in need of help
>talks shit about them afterwards

just fucking say no if you dont want to do it.
>>
File: 1438309564190.gif (3 MB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
1438309564190.gif
3 MB, 500x323
>That one girl in your CS class who was like a thirty year old software dev with 7+ years of experience and just wanted to brush up on their fundamentals.

Those chicks were always the coolest.
>>
>>51798490
> girl
> 30 yr old
>>
>>51798468

>posting on /g/ == talking shit about them
please, obviously im being cruel here but w/e way you look at it there's a compromise in security

at the end of the day it saves her ass going to a manager and saying 'i dont know where to even start with this', hopefully she learnt something from it too
>>
>>51798631
she learnt that she can wave her tits around and get people to do things for her
>>
>>51798506
30 years old isn't even that much if they are well preserved.
>>
>>51798675
yeah but chances are they aren't even in the original box and packaging, making them worthless.
>>
Lol I was so confused I thought I was on /fit/. Why the fuck did you do it and then complain about it?
>>
File: accuracy.jpg (51 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
accuracy.jpg
51 KB, 960x544
>>51798246
CS students usually can't program. Why are you singling out this girl? I majored in poli sci and knew more about actual programming than a lot of CSfags that I knew at the time. Doesn't mean that I was better at CS than they were though.
>>
>>51798246
Sauce on this pic?
>>
>>51798246
>Go to college transfer orientation last Monday
>Students are grouped together to have lunch by school/major
>Half of the banquet hall is business school students of varying sex and ethnicity
>Engineering school has one 10 person table, all men, mostly white.
>A good portion of the lunch was spent eyeing girls at adjacent tables
>We all agree that the narrative about men trying to keep women out of STEM is horseshit because it'd be nice to have some girls to mingle with.
>>
>>51798246
>kind of a ditz
bro, she's not cool. she's a spaz. raise the bar, homie.
>>
>>51798416
fuck, i'm glad retards like her exist. it makes my job as an independent security contractor much more lucrative when i expose all the bullshit they do because of incompetence.
>>
>>51800140
Why are you at a school with 10 people in engineering lolwut
>>
>>51800237
It was the transfer student orientation for spring semester, and the engineering school is one of the more selective programs the college offers.
>>
>>51800169
gotten a few people replaced too
>>
Screenshots or this didn't happen and OP is a faggot
>>
>>51798246
>College has three CS professors
>#1 is kinda nice, not a bad guy
>refuses to use email pretty much at all
>decent introductory courses
>his exams always #rek me disproportionately
>CS 101, 102, Data structures, discrete math

>Prof #2 is a research professor
>as in, can't teach worth a damn whatsoever
>classes are literally a joke
>but he's such a nice guy
>not even kidding, he's the reason we still have a CS department
>because when cuts came around, he could go up to the administrators and convince them that CS was important and worthwhile and needed to be kept, he's good at talking to people
>swell guy, and competent... just not as an educator
>architecture, algorithms (best class, mostly math), telecommunications, security

>Prof #3 is female
>maybe 48
>just over five feet, kinda bulging in the middle, like a pingpong ball with a toothpick through it
>she knows her shit
>homework is done and turned in by ssh
>very nice, absolutely no sympathy, but very nice
>helpful, cheerful, edifying
>databases, web apps, software engineering (capstone)

I guess it might depend on circumstances, but I think 3 was probably my favorite and most useful.
>>
>>51800044
I like this meme very much. So, you can know nothing about programming and how software is implemented and still be "good at CS". How?

Now you will tell me some shit about math, software architecture and abstract concepts. But you didn't major in math, not even in applied math, this is fucking CS, you suppose to take math and solve real world computational problems with it, how will you do it without knowing at least some programming concepts? It means you know less than half of your shit.

Its like being an engineer and not knowing any tools for your field
>CADs are for keks, I know MATH!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.