[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help find mystery owner of package
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: rooo.jpg (138 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
rooo.jpg
138 KB, 960x720
so random ups package at my door
thought it was mine since i had order shoes

open box not mine random pair of shoes in box
double checked package does have my name has right street and home # and zip code. but incorrect city

check receipt find email address try to find person gmail account is not a real account.

so i have package with bogus email and incorrect city. but with my home address.

all too sketchy for me right address except for city bogus email. only thing that i seem to have is phone number but I'm not letting this person near home.6783929872 number is not linked to any social media
>>
>>51784067
>order shoes
>get shoes
Your browser auto-fill options were probably messed up, and they decided to send you the wrong pair of shoes on top of it.
>>
>>51784067
Why don't you check your order?
>>
Reminds me the day I got a TV chipped at home. I never understood why, it was a LG Flatron I think, ordered on Amazon but I am not on Amazon. No name just an address, which was mine.
The delivery guys double checked and left it to me.
I spent one week trying to resolve the issue with Amazon, emailing them and trying to find the owner of the 50-inch TV. Never had an answer so after a couple of weeks I finally called the assistance and they accepted to come and pick it.
What a bunch of dumbasses.
There's also a friend I know who once received a big Samsung Galaxy pen I thing, unlocked he didn't order. He never wanted to give it back.
>>
>>51786930

if you get a package to your address with your address then technically its yours. I wouldnt have gave it back.

also someone might have used a stolen CC to buy it and used your address as a drop for them to come pick it up later. cause sending packages to abandon houses is totally not suspicious

shit if someone left a package with a TV in it on my door and it had my address but not mine, I would fucking keep it.. not my problem
>>
>>51784067
>>51786930
What the fuck are you people doing this isn't the dark ages, the stores and delivery companies are insured for this, keep the fucking thing, if you don't want it sell it.
You realise that the stranger you're trying to help will not thank you and will not appreciate the effort your putting into returning their shit.
>>
>>51787397
The issue is that someone is either stealing ops identity or the far more likely scenario that someone in logistics fucked up hard and they bullshat their best recollection of the order together. Shit happens.
>>
>>51787221
>>51787397
I really would have kept it, still have a 14 inch TV not HD, and I'm broke but I don't know it's kind of wrong right? I keep getting told I'm stupid for insisting but if then I break it or they ask for a compensation I would be in trouble?

Mistakes can happen so I think I did the right thing getting it shipped back to Amazon. It was expensive but not as expensive as a TV I never wanted to begin with. And it's not like I could do anything about it.
>>
Also is there something I could do if it happens again? Like my friend and the Samsung he received that's very expensive, like 500$ or more, I told him to give it back and I wonder who I could contact about this to avoid him getting in trouble with the legal dept.
>>
>>51787524

if you order somethign and they send you a more expensive item, its their problem not yours. as long as you paid for what your ordered its not your problem if they send the wrong one. once they charge you for what you paid for, they cant tack on additional charges because once its delivered and you signed for it, the transaction is done.

next time just keep it dont be a fuckin pussy.
>>
I received a Nexus 5 by accident through the mail right after they went on sale. A few years prior I had applied to get the CR-48 chromebook and Google had provided me with a tracking number that never showed up in the mail. So I chalked it up to them making it up to me.

Great phone btw.
>>
>>51788001
I did not order anthing! It just happens one day I recieved a box with a large LG logo on it. i asked what it was, and that I refuse, ex[plained it was a mistake, they checked the address, and asked who else was here. I had to accept it because the chipping guy had something else to do and i should contact the sender.
I contacted the sender and they never replied, asking for a ordering number or something. But I had none, and they couldn't do anything for me.
I could have kept it but I'm broke, and people helping me would have accused me of having buy a new TV and want they're money back! Worse in fact, I had to pay UPS to send it back to the sender and attached a letter explaining it was not me who bought that TV and it ended on my apartment by mistake. I'm kind of pissed off because they never called back, replied, and for two weeks I had no response! I'm still trying to phone Amazon explained that I'm broke and shipping back the TV was expensive and they could at least get me a refund, but nothing. Again I'm broke and couldnt afford anything like that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.