[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you cope with the fact it is nearly impossible to come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: canon_lens_mug.jpg (53 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
canon_lens_mug.jpg
53 KB, 500x288
How do you cope with the fact it is nearly impossible to come up with something useful that is not built already?

It happens every time, I thought about creating a program where you can add keywords and it would monitor the web for new mentions with cron every few hours or something.

Turns out Google Alerts exists......

Then a web app that keeps your bookmarks organized in categories, with descriptions and the ability to watch the content directly in iframes. I actually have and use that one but I know similar stuff exists, although its not the same at least.

So, I haven't created nothing much as my side project because I always want to build just something that is at least a tiny bit innovative and useful to me. And I'm not a computer scientist so I can't care much about something really scientific and mathematical, I always think about something productive for the wider public.
The bad thing is, those two things I mentioned are quite simple to do, so idk how much knowledge it shows.
>>
>>51736302
The way I cope with it is that I know I'll need to accept the normie life goal. Join in on an already big company or project instead of trying to make my own.

The way I see it you have two options.
1.) Join an existing company and make money
2.) Try to start a competing company

For the latter, try not to go for things like social media where it's universally used. For instance, trying to start a garage that does car tuning. Then move on to repair and parts fabrication. Take the route Hennessey did and start producing your own cars. Get a good designer and after some success, apply for a loan to start a small manufacturing plant. Built cars and get a bigger loan for a bigger plant. If it doesn't go as fast as possible pass the company to your kid and maybe your kid will produce the next big manufacturer like ford but without all of the innovation history.

BTW that's my plan so fuck off and pick something else likes shoes you fairy.
>>
Nothing does exactly what I want perfectly. Find out about things like Google Alerts and then start thinking about what you'd like it to do that it doesn't. Then find things that fill that space. Then code up the stuff that doesn't exist.

It's not that complicated. It just takes time. If you found you needed to code up a script literally every morning you would never get any real work done.

Stop looking for nails for your hammer. Just have your hammer handy.
>>
>>51736302
I used to be naive like you OP. I would always come up with ideas and invetions but would quickly realize they already exist. Unless you are some kind of genius, you wont contribute anything to the betterment of society. Just like a normie life and move on I suppose
>>
>>51736302
>cant find a small sony coffee mug

arbrbrbrbar all i can find are telephoto thermos type mugs
>>
File: image.png (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64 KB, 600x600
>>51736302

You likely won't come up with the Next Big Thing.

But for side projects, who cares? Attempt to clone software that already exists. That's a great way to learn and practice - and maybe in the process you'll think up new features or ideas.

Don't bank on striking it rich with some idea, but don't let the abundance of software already available prevent you from making your own implementations.
>>
>>51736621
Gl anon
>>
>>51736302
What a terrible way to look at it. Improve upon what exists already or recreate your own version anyways.
>>
>>51736302

Right now I'm behind a checkout counter selling those cups to people. Well, those and other things people buy from us.
>>
So contribute to existing software, build on an existing paradigm, automate your workflow, or make dream versions of software you use. You're just making excuses not to code.
>>
I have had a few novel ideas, but I've never had the skills to pull them off.

At the moment, I have a novel idea for a volumetric display. But I know nothing about optics, so I can't build it.
>>
Your ideas may not be original, but the execution can be. If you can't think of a way to implement it differently then pay someone who can.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.