[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC turns on then off.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
My newly built PC turns on then off, the time it stays on then off is random(from 3 seconds to 35 seconds) i dont know if i screwed up the PSU or motherboard
>>
/g/ isn't a tech support board
>>
>>51714338
Tell us what you did.
Also, troubleshooting builds for absolute newbs:
>remove HDD/SSD
>remove any optical drive
>remove fans and everything you dont need
>if you have an on board GPU, remove GPU
>remove any front IO connectors

Your PC should look like this:
>PSU
>Mobo
>CPU
>RAM
>(maybe GPU, if you dont have onboard one)
Then shorten out the 2 pins for the "on" button and see what it does. Post pics and results and Ill help you further.

Also, post specs and pictures.
>>
any beeping?
>>
>>51714367
Sorry i currently are unable to post pics.

The pc turns on, then click, turns off.

There are no beeps what so ever to tell me its my ram fucking up.

Ill post pics when i get the chance later
>>
Take everything out and rebuild. You're getting a short and your motherboard is cutting off to protect itself.
>>
>>51714404
Ill give this a go
>>
>>51714402
How far through booting does it get? At like 2 seconds or less it's most likely PSU, after 5 it's probably either Mobo or CPU, though CPUs will tend to post before fucking up.
>>
OP here, new update.

It beeps once then twice quickly, then turns off.

I took all the stuff apart and still does this. IDK anymore
>>
>>51715346
2 beeps means that your RAM is loose. Make sure that you have the toggles pushed down to lock it into place
>>
>>51715391
1 beep then 2 quickly, i think its something else because I pulled it in and out and made sure its secured
>>
File: 20151130_171019.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151130_171019.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
With gpu out. GPU is Asus 980 Ti Poseidon Platinum
>>
>>51715432
How much did you pay for that shit?
>>
>>51714338
Did you remember to use stand offs in the case?
>>
OP, check the tightness of these screws:
The center far-right screw
The very top-right screw
The screw just above and right of the CPU

These screws can cause power interrupts if they're too tight, and in my experience across numerous builds they can stop the PC from booting / POSTing.
>>
Mobo prolly fucked. Ill just get another one>>51715675
Yes

>>51715691
Ill give this a go
>>
>>51715432
>Spends all that money on all that hardware
>Uses stock cpu cooler...
>>
File: 20151207_005243.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151207_005243.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>51716297
Thanks, just realised i used the wrong pic
>>
>>51715432
>Watercooling
>980Ti
>Expensive as shit gear
>Can't diagnose PC problems
>Uses a stock cooler
Oh man I am laffin'
>>
>>51715691
Wow, this worked, thanks man.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.