[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Consumer Electronics/Shilling General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1428440951952.jpg (199 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
1428440951952.jpg
199 KB, 1280x851
How does /g/ feel about the Microsoft Surface line?
Is it a good choice for someone who wants a light computer to both work on and goof around with after hours?
>>
>>51644985
i think the hardware is cool, but i can never seem to think of a reason to recommend it over other small/light laptops that are cheaper, faster, and have the benefit of a proper keyboard/hinge.
>>
I am interested in a Lenovo Miix 700. Keyboard comes included and it even has LTE built in. Plus it costs less shekels.
>>
File: WP_20151128_02_36_12_Rich_LI.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151128_02_36_12_Rich_LI.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
I have a pro 2. It's pretty cool and is all around a great computer. The battery life is pretty suckish even with the power cover. The magnetic connector, while super cool, is really annoying to line up sometimes since it doesn't just "snap" into place. The screen is fantastic, windows scaling on the other hand is not. The keyboard cover is a gimmick. It works, but there are better solutions, like something that is rigidly attached to the device or not attached at all. It scratched pretty easily since it's painted black. It has a super huge bezel. I like the Pro 3 better in every way except that it doesn't use wacom. I got my pro 2 right when the pro 3 came out so I got that mad discount. I ended up getting the i5 4gb 128gb model brand new for just under $400. I have a ton of old wacom pens that work perfectly with my pro 2 (and the pen that came with the pro 2 absolutely sucks).

But overall I like it.

HP is coming out with something (if not already) that is supposed to be a direct competitor. Supposedly it is user repairable (ram and ssd I guess) and otherwise just a pro 2 clone but with core m instead of core i.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>51645027

not looking like a sperg out in public?
>>
File: elitex2_calloutBanner_1000x560.jpg (61 KB, 1000x560) Image search: [Google]
elitex2_calloutBanner_1000x560.jpg
61 KB, 1000x560
>>51645272
oops I found it. It's the HP X2 1012

>>51645310
Nah hes right though. They are cool but they keyboard is gimmicky and not nearly as useful as something with a proper dock or hinge. It's only really useful on a desk and if you are on a desk, you can use a much higher quality keyboard and mouse.
>>
I have the pro 4 i5 8gb and love it. The type cover feels amazing too and is so good to type on. I'd still say if you are not gonna use the pen much you probably should look for some cheaper device with more power. Since it is bit pricey I would say that buy it if you are gonna use everything it has but if not you can get better deals.
>>
>>51645027
Drawing or taking notes?
>>
bought the 128GB 1 pro for $1k, then sold it for $700 and bought the 128GB 2 pro for another $1k
Microsoft stopped support for 1 and 2 exactly a year after 2 was released
they've lasted me this long though. no troubles with basics and even decent games. use the 2 consistently: acts as notebook in class and low tier desktop when I get home
honestly whish I had the know how on building to do my own desktop and poured what money I spent unto that instead (as long as it lasted as long or longer)
all in all: 1 pro 7/10, 2 pro 8/10
>>
>>51645451
Does the fan come on frequently on the Pro 4 or does the hybrid cooling work well?

Does the extra power of i5 justify the added weight and noise compared to the fanless m3 model? I'm hearing the m3 model is surprisingly good.
>>
They seem like good computers but way too expensive, and also low repairability (no easily accessible battery etc).

So a no-go for me personally.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.