[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, how is my build? http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: pcbuilding.jpg (81 KB, 990x500) Image search: [Google]
pcbuilding.jpg
81 KB, 990x500
Hey /g/, how is my build?

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/LX6nnn

What would you change about it to make it better/more cost effective?

Should I get any extra fans? And if I should where should I place them, how many and how big should they be? Or are the 2 included fans enough?

I would also like to game on a 1440p monitor but I haven't chose one yet? can you recommend some to me?

This is my first time building so any tips would be extremely helpful, thanks.
>>
Also, is the cabling as annoying as people say it is?
>>
File: 80scomputerkid.png (1 MB, 1216x841) Image search: [Google]
80scomputerkid.png
1 MB, 1216x841
>>
>>55469334
Pretty shitty build, almost got it right with a few bits. I don't know what you're gonna be using the PC for but I wouldn't recommend the 1070 because it isn't cost effective but there's nothing really in the same class as it at the moment on the red team.

SATA SSDs are deprecated, M.2 is not only cheaper, but also offers better performance.

The price jump from a 6600K to a 6700 is stupid considering the marginal performance increases.

Don't bother getting new fans, the ones included in almost all cases are good enough, placement basically doesn't matter. The Evolv has GOAT fans and placement anyway, so I wouldn't change anything.

Cabling is pretty easy, much easier in the Evolv because it's got velcro straps to lock everything down and great grommet placement.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/mxqsZ8
>>
>>55469343
Only if you're impatient. It's not difficult but takes time.
>>
Definitely get an M.2 ssd, other than that pretty similar to mine if you ask me. I'm dumb though and didn't realize I should get a fatty spinning-disk for general storage.
Do me.
Http://pcpartpicker.com/list/J2qcf8
>>
>gtx 1070 FOUNDER EDITION
are you literally retarded? custom ones are out
>i7-6700
nice meme
>corsair 400c
shitty case with loud acoustics, also pick something that doesn't make you look like a 12 year old
change those and you're fine.
>>
>>55471053
What's wrong with Founders edition? Custom ones?
What's wrong with the i7-6700?
Edu-ma-kate me.
>>
>>55469334
that video card is waaaaaay over priced man
>>
>>55471129
Fuck off, we're not here to teach you shit. He told you why it's shit now go figure out why on your own.
>>
>>55469334
>processor i7
get a i5-6600 (K)
the i5 performs just as well on ALL GAMES as a i7.
the only reason to consider a i7 would be if you are running multiple VM, but then you should also get more RAM

>H170 mainboard.
If you choose the 3000mhz Ram you should consider a Z170
get the: Asus Z170 gaming pro 149$

>SSD Samsung EVO
get one from Sandisk, they are just as reliable.
Only reason to consider the EVO is if you plan to encrypt your SSD

>gtx 1070 founders edition
FOUNDERS EDITION, please dont do this, everything is better than this noise machine

>650W 80+ Gold plus
falling for the efficiency meme.
get one from; be quiet! 630W LB 8
>>
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card
$618.00

Holy fuck
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.