[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been thinking of getting a 1070 to replace my 390 but ran in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 14-127-912-06.jpg (38 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14-127-912-06.jpg
38 KB, 640x480
Been thinking of getting a 1070 to replace my 390 but ran into this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127912&cm_re=gtx_980ti_msi-_-14-127-912-_-Product

cop or wait unil 1070s restock?
>>
>>55431766
Anon don't be stupid and ask yourself:

>do I even have any games which will GREATLY improve FPS / quality / lag after buying this new costly device?
>do I really have to buy this 2 years old thing when something better will be available in few weeks/days?

Now you want to buy 980ti once it will be half the price of the 1070. That would be a great deal. Also /g/ suggest heavily that MSI is bad. You should go for EVGA.

I know it is hard to not fall heavily into materialism, but you can do it anon. Use your brain, not hearth when dealing with money.
>>
>>55431766
>cop
go back to /fa/g
>>
>>55431766
Once over clocked it'll be within 5-10% of the performance of a stock GTX 1080, it seems like a good deal.
>>
>>55432060
You're right senpai.
>>
>>55431766
ye just wait.
i got a strix 1070 for 470 just a few days ago.
IIRC the MSI 1070 was going for 430 or something
>>
>>55431766
Just wait forever, anon.
>>
>>55432060
>/g/ suggest heavily that MSI is bad

What.

I only started paying attention to high end gpus 2 weeks ago.

MSI and EVGA are the only brands that people here have suggested and universally called good.

Fuck Outta here
>>
Canadian prices for a 1070 go from 560-620. Definitely not worth it for that much right?
>>
>>55439100
Gigabyte is pretty good too for both AMD and Nvidia.

Avoid Asus though
>>
>>55439165
Ask yourself how much a Titan x is, and then remind yourself that the 1070 outperforms the Titan x.

Still worth it?
>>
>>55432060
>/g/ suggest heavily that MSI is bad

Because the majority of people here are retarded. I've had nothing but good experiences with MSI graphics cards, including my current 1070, which is dead silent and never goes above 70 degrees.

Wouldn't buy one of their motherboards though.
>>
>>55439198
>the 1070 outperforms the Titan x

It outperforms a stock Titan X. It doesn't outperform an overclocked Titan X. In fact, I can't even get close to overclocked 980 Ti scores in benchmarks with my maximum 1070 overclock of 2063MHz (which is about average). A 980 Ti at 1500MHz+ beats it by ~10%.

The whole "FASTER THAN A TITAN X!!!" thing is such disingenous fanboy bullshit. It's not even true on a factual level, never mind the convenient ignoring of the 980 Ti's existence, which was also faster than a stock Titan X and didn't cost much more than the 1070. It's just propaganda to make the 1070 seem better value than it really is.

And the 1070's a great card anyway. It uses 100W less under load than a 980 Ti for only slightly less performance overclock vs overclock. It doesn't need you retards spreading lies to promote it.
>>
>>55439297
>Wouldn't buy one of their motherboards though.

I see this posted all the time but nobody ever gave me a valid reasoning for it.
>>
>>55439100
>MSI
>good

>company brand looks like some of those car logos, or those soccer logos
>more money is spent by the manufacturer creating retarded fins and rice for the card, than could have been spent on proper cooling and a normal looking card
>those retarded UI that come with the company software
>the retarded edgy gaymer costume the company dons

Get the fuck out of here. A company that is actually good doesn't need to make every product painted in the colors of the rainbow, riced with 2 tons of retarded pointless plastic, and their motherboards with fucking guns and bullets plastered on them (like Asus does for example) or fucking dragons in the case of MSI.
MSI is a meme manufacturer.
>>
You're a retard. My main 970 was the quietest of all third party manufacturers, and they make afterburner.
>>
>>55439390
Are you saying that asus doesn't do ricey shit? Also why do you care about what it looks like, are you one of those gaymer kids with a windowed case?
>>
>>55439451
>Are you saying that asus doesn't do ricey shit?
Are you too stupid to read? Delete your post to save yourself some dignity.
>>
>>55431766
I was looking at this but then managed to find the Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070 in stock for $429.
Wait for the 1070. It's faster, you get more VRAM (you'll be grateful for it in a year or two), and if VR gets cheap you'll get a huge boost in performance from SMP.
Not to mention it's guaranteed to use all the latest NVidia Meme technologies that will be in new games until the next series drops.
>>
>>55432060
MSI was pretty shit, but their new coolers are great. I have an MSI 390, and it's been a good experience so far.
>>
>>55439560
How do you deal with the heat and the noise produced by your 390? My card is whisper quiet when I play Street Fighter but runs super loud when playing Overwatch or Trine
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.