[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting the cable or satellite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cable.jpg (113 KB, 640x388) Image search: [Google]
cable.jpg
113 KB, 640x388
I'm tired of my high Directv bill for the shit I get. I can download my favorite TV shows but am wondering if anyone has cut the cable and what do you do if you want to watch cable news, I'm in the USA? I like watching CNN, Foxnews and such it sucks trying to find a youtube stream.
>>
>>55307099
>Fox News

ohboyherewego.tiff
>>
Of you live in a city of over 15,000 buy a good quality over the air tv antenna and mount it on your house. You'll get all the news you'll need. Even more stuff if you're in a big city
>>
>>55307099
>Fox News

"Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (...) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (...) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex, but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and positive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, truth and falsehood."[5]
>>
>>55307138

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."
>>
> watch cable news
Literally why?
>>
I cut the cable around 4 years ago. I live with my family, but I mostly don't interact with them upstairs. So I don't have cable in my room, but they have it upstairs. I pirate everything and it's great. No commercials, can watch on any device, and can multitask (do work while watching a TV show I'm not that into)

Everytime I go upstairs and see them watching TV, there's so many fucking commercials and all the shows are reality TV garbage. The interface is laggy as shit too, and scrolling through channels is a pain in the ass.

When I'm home alone, and upstairs (playing with dogs or chilling outside of my stinky ass room) the TV is off and I'm usually on my phone.
>>
>>55307114
I like watching RedEye
>>55307138
I like watching RedEye
>>55307152
I like watching RedEye
>>55307156
I like watching RedEye
>>55307178
I do basically the same thing. But I have a hard time with cable news. Was also wondering if something along the lines of Chromecast or something had it.
>>
>>55308796
You should consider ending your life.
>>
>>55308816
g'day mate. Or should I say good morning?

>11:22 AM
>Wednesday, June 29, 2016 (GMT+10)
>Time in Sydney NSW, Australia
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.