[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hacking skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 131x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 131x90
Anyone out there in the hacking community knows any place from where can i start to seriously learn how practically hack something ? I have watched the war declaration from anonymous to ISIS and i got very interested and hope to be able to help someday somehow, but i only know the basics from C programing.
>>
>>51389398
-1' or '1'='1
>>
>he fell for the anonymoose meme

heh. you think youve got what it takes to be a hacker? nice try, kid. i bet you cant even turn your macbook on without mommy and daddys help, huh? I bet you don't even have your desktop riced like mine, fucking newfag. just because I take pity on you, and only because I take pity in you, I'm going to tell you how to actually be a hacker. the first thing you have to do is download the torrent browser and start surfing the deep web. be careful down there <thats another deep web joke, amature>, you dont know what youre doing and you arent prepared for what you might see. the second thing you have to do, is to join an underground deepweb hacker collective, no lone wolf ever took down a sheep by its self. youre almost there. you should stop using apostrophes or proper punctuation because when youre constantly running and editing javascript scripts and uploading trojan viruses to scrubs harddrives, you dont have time to type like a new fag. if you don't follow that step youre going to be ripped apart in the seep web like a five dollar bill in a sinagog. next you have to install linux and change your display settings to high contrast number 2, nobosy will take you seriously otherwise. finally, and this is the most important, dont ever tell anyone you meet on the clearweb the things you have seen on the other side, we dont need that kind of publicity. if you want actual advice on hacking , you should go to 00101111 01110010 01110010 01100011 01100011 00110101 01110101 01110101 01110101 01100100 01101000 01101000 00110100 01101111 01111010 00110011 01100011 00101110 01101111 01101110 01101001 01101111 01101110 . if you dont know what any of those numbers mean, you dont have what it takes to be a hacker. sorry, but not everyone is cut out for it. thats just the way the game works.
>>
>>51389398
nice try Muhammed
>>
>>51389398
>Thinks the stupid fucking kids who post anonymous videos can hack at all
>>
File: 1446572574442.png (113 KB, 247x274) Image search: [Google]
1446572574442.png
113 KB, 247x274
>>51390068
>>
>>51390068
Penis.
>>
>>51389398
lainchan dot org

cyberpunk board.
>>
>>51389398
Wrong place to ask matey.

Nothing but script kiddies, imaganists, wannabes and file swapping paedophiles inhabit this board.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>51390068
I hope that url is not cp because you're gonna get banned if it is.
Haven't checked myself.
>>
rrcc5uuudhh4oz3c.onion the url
>>
>>51390068
>>51390073
>>51390083
Dude, i am, for sure, an amature, kid, mew fag, nobody that doesn't understand shit. Thats why i am willing to learn, in my college nobody theaches what a actually want to learn. Maybe out here someone can. But in fact i do think i have what it takes to be a hacker, thats why i dont care about starting from the deepest bottom possible. Dont mind telling me that hacking is not like in the movies, i know that i am not going to be sitting in the computer for 1 hour and then missiles fire from Russia. I try to study code as hard as i can, already have linux in my pc and totally can handle a little binary code. Sorry for the overly punctuated text, i am not from english is not my native language and i thought that people would rip me apart because i could not write well.
>>
>>51390276
This is a joke, right?
>>
>>51390276
Don't take that guy seriously. It's a pasta, my newfag friend.
>>
>>51390276
The greeks, probably
>>
>>51390244
And https://rrcc5uuudhh4oz3c.tor2web.org w/o downloading tor
>>
If you're actually looking for a serious answer, a good place to start would be familiarising yourself with the OWASP Top 10. It's OWASP's list of the 10 currently most prominent cyber security weaknesses. OWASP in general have a lot of good material in the realm of pen testing/ethical hacking, because that's obviously why you're interested in security.

Security Sheppard have some good resources for practicing penetration without breaking a shit ton of laws.
>>
Social engineering. Learn that and you'll be near golden.
>>
Bullshit, start with really basic shit like this
http://overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/

there are other games as well so just search for them
>>
>>51390356
Also this.
>>
You could start with getting Kali linux, learning to use metasploit on metasploitable (purposefully vulnerable distro) there is plenty of info on the internet about it
>>
>>51390349
I see, thanks for the serious answer, man. I am goig to check both sites Thats right, ethical hacking. Not american, didnt knew the term.
>>
File: DAAAMN.gif (298 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
DAAAMN.gif
298 KB, 301x300
>>51389398
Hacking is an inborn ability. There's no use in trying to learn it if you don't already know how.
>>
>>51390356
I am trying to develop it, dude. Very hard if you ask me, but i do know that it pays off. I read Ghost in the wires, saw very good examples, actually
>>
>>51390434
Pen testers make a lot more money than any developer ever will, if they're any good. But be prepared to be a lot more business facing than you'll ever see in a development role.
>>
>>51390418
Already have kali on my computer, my dad does program, so i didnt had much choice when i was younger, today i thank him
>>
>>51390418
That's some pretty deep stuff to start with, given 99% of ethical hacking will be web or mobile based.
>>
>>51390493
Had that in mind whan entered engineering university, fellow. The secret is getting used to the ideia ... fml
>>
>>51390531
To be honest, if you're going into uni with a specific career goal you're already miles ahead of most people. Proactivity will get you far.

There are a lot of skills that are not specific to security which will really help in terms of actually exploiting vulnerabilities. Given most of the outward facing infrastructure of any organisation is through the web, you're really best focusing on that channel, so it's very much worth getting a really solid grasp of JavaScript and SQL (inb4 not real languages - they're the ones that matter when it comes to security). The vast majority of exploitable vulnerabilities are done so with those two languages.
>>
>>51390068

cancerous shitpost

>>51390276

this one i haven't seen before, not sure if copy pasta...

Understand this OP, what you're thinking of as a "hacker" (some spergies call them "crackers") is something that covers a very broad range of disciplines from programming, physical security, security design (all the "what if situations" + "cost-analysis"), network fundamentals, social engineering aka talking to people, etc etc etc...

You name it you can hack it, whether it's soldering on new stuff to a circuit board, a person, a computer, whatever, hacking is basically tinkering / engineering / problem solving with a notion of computers being involved. Hope that gives you a different way of looking at it.

tldr start here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLigQUosV34

or just google how do computers work

^learning how to google is probably 1 of the most important things you can learn btw.
>>
FOR REAL

first understand server communication.

Go to overthewire.org and do the Bandit wargame. It is pisseasy and will teach you to use SSH terminals.

Then move onto the other wargames, i think there is a suggested order floating around.

Then you will know where to go next.
>>
>>51390603
Got it, man. Seems that the best languages to learn from this point are JavaScript and Python, right ?
>>
>>51390752

No. They will help insomuch as teach you basic coding principles, but all you have to do to exploit vulnerabilities is understand command-line interfacing, best done with >>51390722
>>
>>51390671
Thanks for the support, man. Once again, i am not american, so i dont know what "copy pasta means". Anyway, the lecture you sent is very clarifying professor in outside Brazil seem to be way more interested in what they speak, i had classes about the same subject, but waaaaay less informative. Thanks again. About how computers work i am starting to get a pretty good ideia, since i have a course called architecture and organization of computers, you end up having a pretty good ideia about it.
>>
>>51390722
>>51390793
I see, so the basic is not just the language but also comprehending how the server systems works in their insides.
>>
>>51390793
No, almost any web vulnerability will be capitalised on using JS. I'm not even pretending that JS is a powerful, utile programming language - but it is the language of websites, which is your primary interface with any backend system.

Almost every security breach is web based. The vast majority of exposed business infrastructure is web.

It's not about coding principles, you're not building a solution, it's not even comparable.

That said, I think everyone should have a decent grounding in using their respective command line.

>>51390890
Sort of. But not really. You'll need to know about it, but like I said above, the web is the primary target of any attack and for good reason. It's like there's an enemy solider sticking his head out from behind a wall. You're going to aim for the bit you can see. But absolutely no harm in learning more about the systems you'll be working with, whether you're building them, testing them, or trying to sneak into them
>>
>>51391099
JS or another web prominent language I should add.
>>
>>51391099
Dude, after this metaphor JavaScript seems like the best programming language of them all LOL
>>
reddit.com/r/howtohack/top
>>
>>51389878
And yet SQL injections are one of the most ubiquitous forms of attacks.
>>
You just have to read a bunch of books. I'd start with "How Linux Works 2nd Edition" then "Professional Assembly Language" then "Hacking: The Art of Exploitation" then "Shellcoder's Handbook" if you feel like it, then google "binary exploitation challenges" and find some easy ones, do those, progress to harder ones, etc.

I can't guarantee it will be useful, but it will be fun.
>>
>>51390671
do they really need to give a lectures in such a retard-friendly way to the people studying at one of the most prestigious colleges in the world?
>>
program 20 hours everyday - u man enough ?
>>
File: 1439491064324.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1439491064324.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>51392278

is this a fucking joke

>GCSE

Oh, fuck off and get b& you underage twat
>>
>>51392355

Not your personal army
>>
>>51389398
The book: hacking the art of exploitation is pretty cool
>>
>>51392355
Then you can do something not retarded and post something personal. Like making fun of a family member or pretty that just died.
>>
Suppose we already know the basics of using scripts that have been made by other people and exploiting very basic security vulnerabilities such as buffer overflows and brute force and/or dictionary attacks (where we use configurable programs and our own or predefined dictionaries).

What would hypothetically be a good way to attack ISIS?

I imagine they have:

1. Social media accounts
2. Online bank accounts
3. Email accounts
4. Forum accounts
5. Hosted websites
6. Home networks

Given that they are probably practicing at least some primitive form of opsec in their online behavior, but that it cannot be 100% secure because of the nature of their organization, I'd guess that you'd begin an attack by finding #5 and #4 first, pen those and get (hopefully) #3 (probably usually a throwaway but still), #6 (either by researching their email headers once you can get ahold of those or by seeing where the site is hosted from, pening that if possible, and getting any logs etc). From those, you'd then get #1 and #2, which I assume are the big prizes because that information could lead to arrests, degradation of their capabilities, etc.

That being said, I see two huge problems: First, you have to trust yourself to correctly identify the right forums and websites to attack, and I don't know how to go about vetting those. Second, national security groups are probably already doing all of this shit a million times better than anyone like a babby hacker could, and intervention could actually hamper their efforts.

I guess I'm skeptical that there's any way for a person like me to help. I really, really want to, but I'm having trouble imagining how I could possibly render assistance.
>>
>>51392419

Hm, well the national intel groups can't cover everything. I'm sure there's new twitter feeds that constantly pop up so targeting the newest ones would the best thing to do.

The question is finding them.
>>
>>51392419

I suppose one way would be to report whatever you find to BinarySec so that you can get smarter, more able people to take it from there.

http://binarysec.org/
>>
File: dead_twitter_bird-300x209.jpg (21 KB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
dead_twitter_bird-300x209.jpg
21 KB, 300x209
then, going more deeper:

How anonymous hackers drop some massive twitter accounts and they react with large security issue?

I don't searching some tutorial, it's only brainstorm
>>
start by playing AK47 dude!
>>
Are there any really large crunch jobs involved in this kind of war which could be distributed among volunteer PCs using something like BOINC? dictionary building, or brute forcing, or DDoS, or scraping, or something like that?
>>
>>51390793
You need to know atleast 1 scripting language to succesfull find vulns/exploits.
>>
>>51389398
www.overthewire.org
>>
https://youtu.be/me_4GFlhdcc
>>
If you find pamphlets or or physical documentation printed out by a suspected ISIS member, you could theoretically potentially trace it back to the unique serial # of the printer that made it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_steganography
>>
>>51392693
That reminds me, some of us should set up phishing servers to try to get ISIS info.
>>
>>51392705

Now that's cool
>>
Linux, C and assembly.

Did I just encourage the next super villain?
>>
ping 127.0.0.1
>>
>>51390068
Binary code he could just fuckin translate that shit easily in 1 fuckin google search
>>
>>51392705
going along with that notion of tracking the physical artifacts of ISIS, I wonder how they make and distribute their flags, insignia, etc.

I've seen an unconfirmed claim that these fuckers were actually so bold as to attempt to sell their shit to wannabes on Amazon and ebay, but I'm sure that's been caught by now. Perhaps this shit is still being done on a silk road analogue or somesuch?

Tracking down the seller (unfortunately might require buying at least one example so you could analyze the physical item for evidence of its origin) could be fruitful.
>>
>>51392482
>>51392470
it's like he said, they can't cover everything. Wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing that, at some level, you helped fuck one of thoses murderers up ?
>>
>>51392653
Thanks, man. This site is indeed incredible !
>>
>>51392764
>>51392705
I saw that, bro ! That's some 007 shit right there
>>
>>51392844
That's exactly what i have done LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>51392951

Oh of course
>>
>>51392808
Sporadically ethical
>>
>>51392951
yes of course. That is why I am posting in this thread; I want to brainstorm ways to fuck them up. I want to help. I also don't want to get in the way. A few hours of thinking critically about the matter should help me direct my small efforts to a much greater effect in the long term.
>>
Old but still good:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/12/tracking-isis-stalking-cia-big-brother-online-nsa
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>51389398
Hacking isn't something that you can learn fast, don't worry about what people might say. But I would recommend to...

A) Get a linux distro on your computer before you do anything. Play around with it and learn how to work in the terminal.

B) A few places you may want to go are:
- Hak5
- Hackthissite.org
- YouTube (Look for BlackHat conference)
>>
Go to hackforums and buy a booter
>>
ISIS does some small amount of its financials via bitcoin. You could start by finding open IPcams that monitor bitcoin ATMs in order to see about finding and IDing ISIS members using those ATMs to exchange bitcoin for cash. Some potentially related bitcoin ATMs:

http://bitcoinatmmap.com/item/buy-bitcoin-paris/

http://bitcoinatmmap.com/item/buy-bitcoin-tel-aviv/

http://bitcoinatmmap.com/loc/istanbul/
>>
>>51393294

Along with the printer this is some great stuff

/g/ might be able to actually organise things if we bother going on the IRC
>>
If someone were hypothetically going to phish ISIS members and affiliates, how would one do that?

I'm imagining setting up a server that's hosting some kind of site carefully crafted to look like it's providing some kind of new service to ISIS members (prostitution, ISIS paraphernalia, etc), then redirect it through some proxy in the levant that you don't care about, and make sure it has signup forms and whatnot. Mine that shit and pass it on to BinarySec.

Problems to solve would include:
1. Translation
2. Making it really look "official"
3. Not getting in trouble with govts for being associated with ISIS.
>>
>>51393191
Saw plenty of diffenrent distro, wich one would you recommend to learn basics
>>
>>51394116
lern

Backbox
Kali
TAILS
>>
>>51393645

Spit balling here as well

Push adoption of a cracked IM client for ISIS members?

>>51394116

Ubuntu as there's a massive amount of support if something goes wrong - perfect for someone who is starting
>>
>>51390068
this copypasta never gets old
>>
>>51394155
That would be a great thing to do, but they're already using WhatsApp so there's hardly any reason to do that lol.
>>
>>51393359
Whats the IRC adress even?
>>
>>51393645
>>51393294
>>51393359
Probably with the printer technology i think that is possible to find a general area from where the propaganda comes from, since you can track the printer serial number and from that find out to where it was shiped. Crossing that information with the bitcoin atm's informationmaybe is possible to identificated one member or other.
By the way, i can help with the translation from arab. Just send me the text and i send the right english translation in a few hours.
>>
>>51393294
>>51393359
>>51393645
There isn't any way to acquire some information from the twitter accounts that have been identified as from ISIS members so we can learn more about what they usually access ?
>>
>>51396065
first you're going to have to get scans of the copy. Anyone got HD scans of actual ISIS prints? /k/ might be a good place to check...

>>51396101
what kind of info did you have in mind?
>>
>>51393191
Have a linux computer [CHECK]
Learn how to work with the terminal [CHECK]
But i think that i have to know how to work with the terminal a little bit better than i currently do for hacking purposes. Thanks for the help, man. I am going to read all the site you told me.
>>
>>51396132
I don't have anything solid on my head, i think that it might help because i don't know what passes trough the heads of religious extremists from the other side of the planet, maybe reading their tweets help us in that point
>>
>>51396288
now I understand your post. Good idea. I will take a look later on.
>>
>>51390331
Use tor dammit. be secure
>>
>>51390158
You where saying?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP0uDKZzDXQ
>>
>>51390244
stop posting with the .onion domain.
>>
>>51390068
>the amount of people replying to pasta
kek
>>
If you're in college register for the security class, and just get introduced to it, then after the course go in depth and buy a book that teaches you exploits and how to use kali linux as a tool to help you being an ethical hacker. (which you probably wont be, but if you decide to be an ethical hacker you get paid heaps).

I got lucky and landed a job that pays a 25 year old like me a good 300k a year.
>>
>>51396806
Fucking troll
>>
>>51390516
>metasploit/metasploitable
>deep stuff
Is this bait???
>>
>>51393645
http://pastebin.com/93FeEZBV
>>
>>51397047
check it senpai, let's get to work.
>>
>>51397047
I'm assuming these are all already known by BinarySec? Some of the listed vulnerabilities have their name associated.
>>
>>51397283
I wouldn't advise that. Getting anywhere near those IP's will probably get you viewed as an enemy of your country.Seriously,I do not recommend fucking with this.
>>
>>51397363
if they start busting heads over who's visited these sites, people like you and I will be second to the last targets.

anyway, it's far too late.
>>
>>51397387
I warned you. :^{
>>
>>51390276
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
this >>51397505 for >>51390068
>>
File: 1445555975566.jpg (16 KB, 300x271) Image search: [Google]
1445555975566.jpg
16 KB, 300x271
>>51389398
Even though there are some good answers here, I suggest you lurk /cyb/ & /tech/ over at 4+4 Chan since /g/ is pretty much cancer and shills since that gook data miner took over.
>>
>>51390276
Kek
>>
Is LOIC still something you can use?

http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/loic-dos-attacking-tool/
>>
>>51397906
If you break it down, it's just a pinging tool in CMD. Therefore no. If you really need to take down a website/individual's connection just buy a $5 IP stresser, or RAT a bunch of people and make them ping X.
>>
>>51397047
>>51397283
>>51397300
Thats the kind of thing i am talking about
>>
>>51390276
/g/ is a shithole.
if you really want to learn, this is not the place.
>>
read a book
>>
>>51389398
Dont listen to any of these newfags op.
Ive already hacked everyones post IP here and can see none of them have what it takes to join us in our conquest for true liberty. Except you OP. Your search results and porn histroy says it all. I see a great hacker in you anon. We cant talk here. NSA is already tracking my IP. Ill contact u in a later date. ull no when its me

-cypher out
>>
>look up the latest security updates to openBSD
>realize other OSes dont have them
>???
>PROFIT
>>
File: 1440978445587.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1440978445587.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>51389398
nice b8 m8 no h8 I r8 8/8
>>
File: fdrf.png (295 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
fdrf.png
295 KB, 1280x1024
>>51390244
>rrcc5uuudhh4oz3c.onion
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.