[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony Vaio P
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1936x1936
Let's discuss the sexiest portable computer that came too soon and went long before it's time.
>>
shit screen ration tee bee heich

would still use if no bezel and enough usb ports
>>
>>55173442
I miss all these old things.
>>
Let me describe the viao P then, the best possible one and the worst possible one.

>2ghz intel atom z550
>2gb of ddr2 800mhz ram
>256gb ssd
>$1900 USD

>aton z520 at 1.3ghz
>2gb ddr2 533mhz ram
>60gb HDD
>$900 USD

in comparison, heres the specs of the Acer CB3 11" chromebook
>celeron n2840 dual core @2.6ghz
>2gb DDR3 1066mhz ram
>16gb ssd
>$170 USD

you can also drop a m.2 ssd in it and have 16 + 256gb ssd storage for 100$ more

theres a reason these things flopped, namely their shit battery life extremely high price
>>
The form factor was brilliant but it was executed poorly.
>>
File: oqomodel02.jpg (40 KB, 390x366) Image search: [Google]
oqomodel02.jpg
40 KB, 390x366
>>55173442

pic related + modern internals and lunix is my dream device
>>
I just fapped
>>
File: compic.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
compic.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Just got mine from ebay a couple months ago.The form factor is great. The expansion with having the ethernet and vga is really nice feature that I wish new laptops did. The screen looks great.

That all being said. The laptop is woefully underpowered. Trying to watch something like youtube is just laughable. However it works fine for browsing imageboards and doing a bit of programming.

Definitely a laptop that was way before it's time.
>>
>>55174984
Programming on such a small screen? Must be fucking awfull.
>>
>>55175022
I have really good eyes
>>
>>55175032
Not for long.
>>
Wow I like the trackpoint. Any companies still making these? Would like to try out a modern one.
>>
How feasible would it be to rip out all the Vaio P internals and shove an Intel Compute Stick in its place? Is that even possible?
>>
>>55173442
way ahead of its time
>>
File: comfy_UMPC.jpg (452 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
comfy_UMPC.jpg
452 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>55173442
did you mean
the slowest portable computer that worked too slow and went slow for its time

>4200rpm hdd or early choking ssd
>windows fucking vista
>>
>>55173442
>>55174984
>>55177534
I bet typing on those must be fucking hellish
I have a 12" Toshiba here and it's already pretty fucking awful
>>
>>55177593
>muh hdd speed
>not running Gnu/Linux
>>>/out/
>>
>>55174080
just get an android with keyboard dude
>>
The point is not the specs. The specs are terrible, these were engineered at a time when the technology was just not there for these computers. The point is the design. Sony Vaio P's are absolutely beautiful.
>>
Why did Sony had to sell their VAIO line /g/

They were the best looking laptops on the Windows side.
>>
>>55173562
>a large pocket size device can't compete with a laptop from 5 years later
No shit?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.