[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ can someone tell me how to install windows server on my linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
/g/ can someone tell me how to install windows server on my linux dedi? I don't want to pay $25 a month for stupid license. I know it can be done using unattended installation and rebooting into recovery, but i have no idea on details.
>>
why do whores all want nigger lips now?
>>
>>55146337
Does your linux dedi have console access so you can do emergency recovery? If you do, see below. Otherwise if you only have ssh I'd say you'd have to do stuff using an unattend.xml and cross your fingers that you get it right.

My way on doing this would be (in very shitty steps):

* Partition off the disk on the dedi so there is a 4GB NTFS partition on the end
* Extract the windows server iso of your choice to the 4GB NTFS partition
* Modify your Linux bootloader so that there is a choice to boot to the partition holding the windows server installation media (providing the bootmgr paths and such)
* Reboot system
* Boot to the partition instead of linux
* Run the windows server installation as normal, deleting your linux partitions but leaving the 4GB installation media because you're fucking using it. IE, don't be retarded
* Create your windows partitions
* Let installer do its thing and reboot

Now maybe an easier way to do the first few steps would be to still partition but use unetbootin to figure out the application of boot entries and extraction for you.
>>
>>55146360

Their Jew masters who control all media tell them to want them. And to want a half-dozen mocha mistakes too.
>>
>>55146575
Yes I can reboot into recovery.
>>
>>55146688
Well have fun trying to figure out the details of my steps then.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.