[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why haven't you used the distro with perfect out of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: [email protected] (5 KB, 224x72) Image search: [Google]
SolusIconTextH@normal-2.png
5 KB, 224x72
why haven't you used the distro with perfect out of the box experience?
https://solus-project.com/
>>
>>54966406
waiting for more softwares in repos. Ikey is doing the work of 5 persons, he will break soon if they don't recruit.
>>
>>54966471
I don't think Ikey will do that
>>
File: 1441542967322.png (29 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1441542967322.png
29 KB, 480x480
>>54966406

You mean perfectly useless. They don't ship enough packages, the documentation is piss poor and when all is said and done you end up installing a bunch of stuff manually from source anyway because of this.

Who cares if there are user-supported repos if it's such a burden to figure out where they are what they are? I could scrape the forums, but if I were Joe F. Retard I wouldn't waste my time there.

No, Ubuntu and its derivatives still hold the best OOBE title because the sperglord maintainers are all properly pacified and Canonical realizes the first thing anyone is going to do is try to install something new.
>>
It's buggy with multi-monitors
>>
>more vaporware
>>
Because it's not my OS of choice
>>
>>54966406
How different is it compared with the old debian-based SolusOS
>>
File: 1461298747956.png (31 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1461298747956.png
31 KB, 500x283
>>54966406
>>
>>54966471
Terry Davies made an entire OS alone after a breakdown
what is your excuse
>>
shitty ad post, saged.
>>
Obligatory "Install Gentoo"
>>
>>54966406
That's not Deepin.
>>
>>54966406
Or you could just install Budgie on whatever distro you want.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.