[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people choose Apple even though it sucks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: Android_800_thumb800.jpg (12 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Android_800_thumb800.jpg
12 KB, 800x450
I have tried several Apple products till this day. I have tried two iPhones, an iPad, a MacBook Pro, an iPod Touch.

However, I have also tried an HP laptop, several Android Phones from various brands (well 2 Samsungs (an S4 and a Galaxy 5), an LG Optimus 4X HD and a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8).

My Android phones and HP Pavilion Dv6 with Beats Audio is more cheaper than the Apple products I have used (as a matter of fact, I have used them deeply (which involves jailbreaking)).

In my humble opinion, the Android phones and my PC is more capable of doing much more stuff, just look at Android Ricing Threads in /g/.

Other than being a status symbol, why do people choose Apple iGarbage over Android phones?
>>
When you have money and you know that all your friends have apple, you risk alienating yourself from your social circle by using a phone that only poor people use.
>>
>ricing

lel

Why Im on iphone:

>faster than any android phone
>best looking UI
>applications consistent with the system UI
>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>does everything I need
>just works
>doesnt lag
>pretty much the best build quality on market
>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>great design
>software updates for years and years
>almost no depreciation
>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>best 1st & 3rd party support
>imessage/Higher social status
>>
It's a combination of fashion and this fascinating consumer trend of the "prosumers." The former is self-explanatory but I'll summarize the latter: people are increasingly discontent with buying things appropriate for their means and use. It's not acceptable to buy something inexpensive with modest performance that suits your needs. You need to buy a $2000 DSLR to take family photos in your kitchen. You need to get a car with touchscreen climate control and the off-road suspension package to drive to work. And you need to pay out the nose for design and hardware features on an Apple product you use only to browse Facebook.

It's not unique to Apple, mind you, but this shit really amazes me. People are fucking DYING to pay a premium for use of "pro" stuff.
>>
>>54945502
>When you have money and you know that all your friends have apple, you risk alienating yourself from your social circle by using a phone that only poor people use.
Ironically,where I live Huawei phones (which are Android knockoffs of iPhone anyways,go figure) are more than iPhones.
>>54945571
So you say people fucking buy EXPENSIVE GOLD POLISHED TURDS to look trendy and all that shit? No thanks,I'd rather get a inexpensive camera than a fucking $2000 DSLR. /g/ is full of fucking alpha neckbeards thinking that by using Arch,or Linux by itself (fuck RMS and the GNU/Linux shit,I swear to god anyone that will approach me with that IRL will get stabbed exactly 20 times) and having a iPhone makes them superior. iPhone is exactly the definition of TURD. Android phones are way fucking better. People disagreeing are fucking turds,just like the rest of the world that uses iPhone.
>>
>>54945571
>people want to have nice things
>people have well paying jobs and feel they deserve the best

WOW WHO KNEW???
Go ahead and rot in your basement with your IBM thinkpads, you dumb neet.
I can guarantee if you had stable income, you wouldn't resort to buying shit from garage sales just to make yourself feel better.
>>
File: shill.jpg (12 KB, 307x164) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
12 KB, 307x164
>>54945539
>>
Apple iGarbage looks very very nice and is easy, and slightly compelling to use.

That's why.
>>
>>54945746
> you wouldn't resort to buying shit from garage sales just to make yourself feel better.
Who would?

Androidplebs will get mad with this but higher income means higher chances of someone owning Apple. This pretty much proves that, on average, people who dont buy apple are just settling for less.
>>
>>54945746
>>54945816
Did you just reply to yourself because no one else gave you any attention?
>>
>>54945539

>Best UI
But not cleaner than a riced up one

>Doesn't lag
>faster than any android phone
Just like any Android phone after 2011 (correct the year if I am wrong)

>Great Camera
No expandable storage

>More practical UI
Ahem, Android uses widgets on its home screen, making it more practical.

>>54945539
>>54945816
>High income = Apple
My dad has a high income, but uses a Galaxy Note 4
>Higher
>>
>>54945849
>But not cleaner than a riced up one
Cleaner? what does that even mean?
iOS looks good and is more consistent, that is what matters to me.

>No expandable storage
DOnt really care, I never even came close of filling my storage completely.

>Ahem, Android uses widgets on its home screen, making it more practical.
Widgets on android not only look like shit but they also take a lot of space for very little information. Widget tab on iOS is superior.
>>
Apple products work well, feel high quality in the hand, and if they break you can call and talk to white people with American accents.
>>
>>54945849
>My dad has a high income, but uses a Galaxy Note 4
So what? your dad is irrelevant to the statistics.
exception != rule
>>
>>54945470
Because Apple is the only consumer technology company to successfully cultivate an image of desirably and has done it through excellent design, quality build materials, and huge amounts of flamboyance.

You can nitpick over how good the products actually are but I sometimes sit back in awe at how they operate compared to other tech companies.
>>
>>54945895
Just compare any riced up home screen with yours.

>>54945930
My main concern is that they offer little features for a huge price. I am actually amazed with my macbook pro.
>>
>>54945948
>Just compare any riced up home screen with yours.
in what way? you mean it has less stuff?

lmao

if I wanted to look at a picture I would just leave my phone locked.
>>
>>54945916
Also, his cousin runs a money-making taxi company in Vienna, Austria and uses a Samsung Galaxy S4. His cars consists of Mercedes E-Classes.

>>54945897
>if they break you can talk to an Apple employee

They charged me a premium for repairing such a small dent on my MacBook Pro. I refused their service for my laptop's dent as a result.

>>54945973
I prefer swiping than touching my screen.
>>
>>54946029
>Also, his cousin runs a money-making taxi company in Vienna, Austria and uses a Samsung Galaxy S4. His cars consists of Mercedes E-Classes.

Mone of that matters retard. Apple users are richer than the rest. Its a fact

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2014/04/05/surprise-apples-iphones-are-expensive-so-rich-people-are-more-likely-to-have-them/#a3281fe73ed8
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
>>
>>54945973
I bet that you are the type that hates anime too, amirite?

>>54945930
Also, I prefer the design of Nexus 6P over an iPhone 6S plus
>>
>>54946029
>I prefer swiping than touching my screen.
That is not the point. I dont want my homescreen to be clean. Why would anyone want that? its retarded
>>
>>54946029
>They charged me a premium for repairing such a small dent on my MacBook Pro. I refused their service for my laptop's dent as a result.
Okay? That's accidental damage so I'm not quite sure what you expected or what that has to do with my post.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160529-163351.png (953 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160529-163351.png
953 KB, 1080x1920
>>54946087
Are you jealous of my home screen? I am a person who like tidiness.
>>
>>54946084
>I bet that you are the type that hates anime too, amirite?
I bet that you are the type that its still in high school amrite?
>>
>>54945502
>s7
>more expensive than 6s
Yeah sure buddy
>>
>>54946118
AppleCare didn't apply to it, they said.
>>54946140
Starting uni this year. Also, I want to make a business on my hobbies.
>>
>>54946136
Not really. I just think my homscreen is better than yours. Like I said, id rather leave my phone lock I wanted to look at a picture.

Not really sure how this relates to tidiness..
>>
>>54945470
>Android phones and my PC is more capable of doing much more stuff
Great, but the common normie doesn't want to do much stuff. They want it to be as simple as possible. Who cares about a riced out homescreen? Nobody is going to look at it anyway, you'll turn your phone on to check for notifications, the time or start an app. iOS is perfect for that.
>>
File: 1441622867984.jpg (17 KB, 265x300) Image search: [Google]
1441622867984.jpg
17 KB, 265x300
>>54946186
>iToddler
>self proclaimed normie
>thinks he and his toddler toys even belong on /g/
>>
File: Screenshot_20160606-215702.png (214 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160606-215702.png
214 KB, 1440x2560
>>54946136
Doesn't even look good
>>
>>54946186
>Who cares about a riced out homescreen?
b-b-but anon, how am I going to express my individuality without my unique homescreen icons?

bwahaha ricerfags are pathetic.
>>
>>54946208
>Implying I am talking about myself
You should go outside sometimes.
>>
>>54946208
Then why are we talking about Apple here?
>>
File: ab8.jpg (17 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
ab8.jpg
17 KB, 425x283
>>54946180
Well, that is your opinion. I am just saying that Android is more flexible. As I said, I just hate the iPhones. As a matter of fact, I use both PC and Mac.

>>54946186
>>54946217
I just dont care if someone likes my homescreen. It is my homescreen after all, not yours.

>>54946208
This picture is more suitable.

>>54946228
Maybe it is you who should go outside, not him.
>>
>>54945539
>True/Possible
>>applications consistent with the system UI
>>more practical UI (one layered home-screen/dedicated widget tab/swipe to return/3d touch)
>>does everything I need
>>pretty much the best build quality on market
>>great camera/screen/SoC/storage
>>great design
>>software updates for years and years
>>almost no depreciation
>>imessage
>>best 1st & 3rd party support

Blatant and pathetic lies/shilling
>>faster than any android phone
>>best looking UI
>> /Higher social status
>>just works
>>doesnt lag
>>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money

Decent argument, but then you had to go and be retarded.
>>
>>54946255
>>>faster than any android phone
show me a phone that is faster than my 6s
>>>best looking UI
it is, in my opinion (and many others)
>>> /Higher social status
But its true
>>just works
same
>>doesnt lag
same
>>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
same
>>
Apple isn't even a status symbol. It only shows that your parents are rich because actual rich people are old as fuck and don't know anything about technology.
>>
>>54946303
Rich people are more educated than poor people therefore Apple is the smarter choice.

Its really not that hard.
>>
>>54946316
>Apple
>Smarter
Never use these two words in the same sentence. I have tried them both and Android really does beat iOS. Even if not with speed, its flexibility and features really does make it beat iOS.
>>
>>54946208
>OP asks why people use Apple
>Is given an answer
>Lel fucking Applefag kys you don't belong on /g/
Why are Androitards so easily butthurt? Is it because deep down they know that they are inferior?
>>
>>54946356
Literally the only people that have a reason to get android are ricer kids.

Iphone is better at everything else.
>>
Peer pressure. What are you, poor?
>>
>>54946381
because cool kids in their school had iPhones. Now they get triggered every time someone mentions apple
>>
>>54946381
Do you mean that they are more superior?
It is because we have tried them both, but decided to stick with Android.

>>54946385
Trust me, I faced problems with my iPhones.
Also, if I wanted a ricer, I would go to my local second hand car dealer, buy a Honda and attach a fart can to it..
>>54946396
No, I own and drive a Mercedes.
>>
>>54946297
>>>>faster than any android phone
>show me a phone that is faster than my 6s
Galaxy S7, HTC 10, LG G5, Xiaomi M5 are all better at every benchmark in existence.
>>>>best looking UI
>it is, in my opinion (and many others)
You are an idiot. There are about thousand different UIs to chose from on android, your personal choice is irrelevant and android market share is higher than apple now.
>>>> /Higher social status
>But its true
If your phone needs to define your social status then you don't seem to have much of it, poorfag.
>>>just works
>same
So does my android phone.
>>>doesnt lag
>same
Even my cheap huawei p8 does not lag at all.
The times of android lag are long time gone.
>>>apple isnt interested in selling my data for ad money
>same
You are pretty naive.
>>54946297
>>
>>54946456
I am not Indian. I am Turkish. Plus, your post is offensive, I am reporting it.
>>
>>54946385
>Iphone is better at everything else.

Give some examples that are not driven by your personal preference or your inability to operate anything than an idiot proof operating system like apple is offering. Have in mind, apple is literally shitting in their customers faces by assuming everyone of them is an idiot.
>>
File: 80589.png (30 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
80589.png
30 KB, 650x500
>>54946446
>Galaxy S7, HTC 10, LG G5, Xiaomi M5 are all better at every benchmark in existence.
Every benchmark? except they didnt, pic related. One of many they weren't better.
And I said speed, not benchmarks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I

>You are an idiot. There are about thousand different UIs to chose from on android, your personal choice is irrelevant and android market share is higher than apple now.
Like I said, what I care about is consistent. I dont really want to have choices, as long as it looks good its fine for me.
And sure you can change icon packs, launchers and even the system UI. but apps stay the same. And iOS apps are much better looking

>If your phone needs to define your social status then you don't seem to have much of it, poorfag.
Its not the only reason, I listed many, but its one of them sure.

>So does my android phone.
so? i never said it didn't

>Even my cheap huawei p8 does not lag at all.
>The times of android lag are long time gone.
Again, I never said they it did. But iPhones are still faster.

>You are pretty naive.
Proof?
>>
I've used both and Android is better for power users by a wide margin. iPhones are fashion accessories that are used by people that want an easy to use phone that typically wouldn't appreciate all you can do with an Android. These people also tend to be wealthier on average.
>>
Biggest reason for me was podcasts. Yeah I still use Itunes and yeah its shit, but everything just werks easily when it comes to podcast subscriptions.
>>
>>54946546
>Every benchmark? except they didnt, pic related. One of many they weren't better.
>And I said speed, not benchmarks
Yeah because sequential read is what your mobile os does all day. You are completely fuckin retarded.
>>
>>54946553
I know several wealthy people who prefer Android over iOS. I prefer being a power user, as it makes me understand on how it works.
>>
>>54946572
>>54946553
Also, the ones who use iOS is being honest and say that they don't know much about tech.
>>
>>54946553
what exactly do you do with your android that I cant do with my iPhone?

I have to buy a new phone soon, my iPhone 5 is getting dated.
>>
>>54946588
>what exactly do you do with your android that I cant do with my iPhone?

Apps are more integrated. You can download things that your computer could. Don't like the default system app? You can change it and set that app as the default app. The list goes on.
>>
>>54946568
Yeah because sequential read is what your mobile os does all day. You are completely fuckin retarded.
>implying it isnt
lel
and they call applefags tech illiterate.

Its one of the reasons iPhones are much faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI

A9 is also the best SoC. Just wait until the A10 comes.
>>
I can't imagine how shitty life would be if I were so emotionally invested in which phone / graphics card / OS / laptop / ect. other people were using.
>>
>>54946588
>>54946588
Put in a microsd card you sheep.
>>
>>54945502
cool "friends" there buddy
>>
>>54946572
Anecdotal evidence. On AVERAGE iPhone users make more money. I don't know why this is such a hard pill to swallow.
>>
>>54946611
So nothing?
>>
>>54946618
Look, Android has tons of processes running in the background.
>>
>>54946618
>Yeah because sequential read is what your mobile os does all day. You are completely fuckin retarded.
>>implying it isnt
>lel
>and they call applefags tech illiterate.
>sequential read
>sequential read
>>implying it isnt
How did you even manage to find this board?
Or even tie your shoe laces in the morning?
Does mom need to feed you froot loops because you can't hold the spoon?
>>
>>54946638
Actually, you can do a lot of things with Android. The sky is the limit.
>>
>>54946653
Either joking or in denial mode
>>
>>54946618
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtBHW5Nn2zI
So android is as fast as Windows Phone?
>>
File: 1453640565190.gif (1021 KB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
1453640565190.gif
1021 KB, 320x179
>>54945470
>Other than being a status symbol
That's the only reason.

There's only 2 types of iToy user.

1. Clueless technology illiterate business people who have more money than technical know how.

2. Clueless technology illiterate iToddlers who think spending their entire McJob paycheck on an iToy puts them in the same league as those in 1.
>>
>>54946561
It's called PocketCasts.
>>
>>54946877
So having custom icon packs and emulators makes someone tech literate?
>>
>>54946877
/thread
>>
File: Chuck_Taylor.png (342 KB, 629x480) Image search: [Google]
Chuck_Taylor.png
342 KB, 629x480
>>54945470
Status for teenage girls. Adult girls constantly try to hand on to their youth so they emulate teenage girls. Faggots. Retards that are lazy and don't want to bother learning about the technology that fuels the entire planet, so they buy the Fisher Price garbage for children.

That's about it.
>>
>>54945470
android is timesink, roms etc. that's why i use apfel. you can jailbreak an iphone but who wants it ;_;
>>
Honestly most iPhone users are poor. They take out loans and shit then get the lowest capacity iPhone
>>
>>54948357
see>>54946071
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.