[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. Wondering if you ever have any problems with motivation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 750x1334
Hey /fit/. Wondering if you ever have any problems with motivation. I've tried almost everything, most effective being personal trainer but that cost a lot of money. Any tips on getting and staying motivated?

>pic related. It's me
>>
There's no point in motivation for you, my friend
>>
Is that a piss stain ?
>>
Stop being a fat piece of shit. You want to be a fat piece of shit your whole life? Die early from diabetes, hypertension, heart disease?
>>
>>37857067
motivation is shit
discipline + goals = success
>>
File: 1461119008664.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1461119008664.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>37857067
Whenever you wanna do something that feels good now try to imagine how you will feel after you've finished doing it. We all wanna just sit around and eat like shit sometimes but you know you will feel like a waste of life afterwords. Start thinking long term. It's gonna be hard at first but once you get momentum it's much easier.
>>
stop looking for motivation and start generating it from within
>>
here you go

>>37852756
>>
>>37857119
This. So much this. My fatass lost 40 lbs by "just doing it". I got lazy again and gained back half after 8 months but now im getting back on track.
>>
>>37857119
>>37857151
same thing happened with me. I lost 20 pounds and started to feel good about myself. felt sore from a good workout and decided to stay home for a day. that lead to 2, then 3 and so on. gained all of it plus 20 more since then.
>>
File: Motiviation is a lie.jpg (160 KB, 591x640) Image search: [Google]
Motiviation is a lie.jpg
160 KB, 591x640
>>37857115
this.
>>
>>37857067
Routine is your best motivator. If you're doing it through sheer willpower you'll just burn out and hate yourself
>>
>>37857067
First off you're a qt. Second, come and live with me and I'll taser your ass every time you feel lazy. I think your attitude will change pretty quick.
>>
I think you should worry about losing weight before anything. diet first. then once you start shedding some pounds start working out. trying to both at once will only discourage you which I guarantee it will since you've tried and failed so many times already. so for dieting intermittent fasting works best in my opinion.

if you work full time only eat after work and limit yourself to 1500 calories all in one meal or over the course of like 2 hours. you'll be full. then do whatever and go back to sleep before work the following day. in this way you'll go like 14-18 hours a day without food between a sleep and work. then only eat 1500 calories wen you do eat and feel very satisfied with the meal. the first 2-3 weeks will probably feel like torture at work but eventually you'll adjust and your mind won't think about food while on the clock and you'll stop getting those hunger pangs. water is your best friend. take a gallon with you wherever you go. if you feel hungry take a swig or two. water, black coffee, steeped tea. that's all you're aloud. for meals you can basically eat whatever you want to satisfy your calorie intake. but my advice to be to start learning how to cook so you can make some delicious food and really know how much you are eating. you'd be surprised how easy it is to rack up calories on pre made shit. for example a typical sandwich has you at 200-300 calories before you even start putting shit between the bread.

if you don't work full time then you should maybe look into picking up some more hours or a second job. really just do something that'll keep your mind busy cause boredom hunger is a mother fucker. I'd say video games but I'm a whore and I'd rather make money.

finally once you feel like you have control over your eating habits you can consider venturing out from intermittent fasting and counting calories so you can eat more often but honestly, as an ex fatty I still love it. I never feel guilty indulging because it's the only time I eat
>>
>>37857688
oh and once you feel like your diet is just second nature and not something you really need a mental commitment for then you can start working out.

you're pretty gross though no offense. I think maybe you have a lot of issues other than your appearance. I find a lot of people like this tend to need to stop doing drugs or drinkin alcohol first and work on their hygiene. then get your day scheduled and organized, do household chores everyday, etc. then you can start making body changes. basically a lot of fat people no matter the age need to really become adults before they tackle their weight issue. but idk you so I could be wrong.
>>
>>37857711
fuck this hit close to home

not fat though, I'm a skinnyfat on my way out of dyelmode

but yeah, I'm definitely a manchild, don't do any chores at all, procrastinate everything except lifting
>>
File: 1467964412686.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1467964412686.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>
>>37857793
I only know it because I was the same way. it took living with someone worse than myself to really get my ass in gear. I started first by waking up at a certain time every single day. forcing myself out of bed and doing my morning hygiene routine and eating breakfast.

literally I had to force myself to do just that everyday. eventually it gets easier as easier until it's just what you do, second nature. before then though you add something else. do your chores every day. as you struggle to do your chores everyday you don't even realize how easy it has been to get up and do your morning routine.

it's just baby steps and it's not a secret. eeryone with fit knowledge will tell you that the reason people fail with their body goals is because they try to do too much at once.
>>
>>37857067
You have to keep doing it for a month running off of sheer will power. It will be hell at first, but once you get used to it, it becomes routine. Once it becomes routine, it becomes hard to break, and that's the point where you know you're gonna make it. If you feel like shit and are upset that you missed even one work out, then you are on the right path.

You can start out slowly at first, say going for a 10 minute walk at exactly 6 o clock every day, then throw in some push ups at 6:30, bam, you're done for the day. Repeat this until you no longer feel winded by the exercises and keep adding on to it. Eventually you can get a gym membership and really go for it. The best thing you can do is to make incremental changes, for instance, coming up with a simple work out routine, then building it up. Replace one unhealthy meal a day with something healthier, like say instead of that bag of cheetos, have an apple, then you are free to eat whatever you want for the rest of the day, and again, build on it until you stop eating crap and start eating healthy 95% of the time.

It's a long journey, and certainly not an easy one, but that's what makes it exciting. You are literally competing with yourself to be better than you were the day before. There is no other feeling in the world like knowing that through sheer discipline and perseverance you were able to sculpt your body into a masterpiece, an envy of all men on earth. Good luck OP.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.