[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym in your country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 320x480
/fit/
How popular is Gym culture in your country?

>Mexico
>It's becoming popular among young people but most people are fatties and DYEL
>>
>>37447864
This is good since they'll need to be able to stack many bricks in the near future
>>
>>37447864

It's far more popular here in south Florida than it was back home in central Texas.

Everybody and their mother is juicing here. It makes sense, though. The Latin Americans that live here are flashy "new money" immigrants and their children that have no taste.
>>
>>37447873
Kek
>>
>>37447864
>>It's becoming popular among young people
Where?? I'm one of the youngest in my gym and I'm 23, also most of the gyms are shitty commercial ones. Basically the only way of finding a good coach is to join a competitive gym
>>
What a ridiculous image

That's like 25 lbs
>>
I live in the suburbs of chicago. There are a lot of gyms here and they're usually pretty crowded and popular. But you also see lots of fatties and dyels around town, so the whole city obviously is not really into fitness culture.
>>
>>37447924
Maybe it's his 500th rep
>>
>germany
Pretty popular amongst young people. Some youtubers & rappers started a trend and now everyone wants to be /fit/
>>
>australia

literally every young man who is not a lefty cuck hits the gym
>>
>Brazil
Literally everyone and their mothers lift.
>>
>>37447888
you also have to think about what is on the mind for the normal Floridian. in Tampa it's obtaining a ripped beach bod, coke, bath salts, and shitty EDM clubs where as Texas its propane and homoerotic cowboys.
>>
>>37448077

>calling Texas homo

Idk man, I've never seen so many gays in my life until I came to Fort Lauderdale
>>
File: 1432272040453.jpg (431 KB, 978x963) Image search: [Google]
1432272040453.jpg
431 KB, 978x963
>>37447969
Völkisch mein Sohn.
>>
>>37447969
>>37448005
>>37448040
One of the good things of living in an unfit country is that being fit is enough to stand out
>>
>>37447888
you sound poor and jealous
>>
>Britainistan

mostly dyels, rarely see anyone who looks like they lift
>>
>>37448191

lol, I'm not. I make 6 figures, I just prefer to not be flamboyant about it.
>>
>>37447873
That wall will bring us gains
>>
>UK
Not at all
The average male here is a hungry skeleton
>>
>>37447864
Fuck!!
My gym always crowded, and I mean always.
Full of fucking landwhales just chattin' on the cellphone, cardiobunnies on treadmills, fucking curlbros, and shit like that.
When I started to do my compounds they looked at me like I was a fucking being for another planet or something like that.
Also a mexifag, by the way.
>>
>sovereign state Mormotopia, also known as Utah
There's plenty of outdoor culture, but most gym culture is moderated by a lunk alarm.
>>
>>37447864
Dude where u at? It's pretty much a mixed bag here in the northeast. Most dyels are numales or plain fags doe
>>
>>37447969
what region are you from?
Noticed pretty much everyone was DYEL when I visited stuttgart
>>
>>37448627
Elder /fit/ I call to you from Orem!
>>
>Turkey
every loser with a little bit of money aside come to try and pick up women
they're not in it for sports
>>
>>37448694
Cologne
>>
>>37447888
Hey mayne I can confirmthis 100%
I'm also from south florida. Just being a taller white guy with good genetics there and lifting means mad latina punani.
But there's a lot of try hard new money latinos there. Get's pretty annoying and pretty dangerous when you're driving.
>>
>>37447969
I'm going to be in Munich all of July. How would things fare as a moderately handsome American. I'm 6ft, so nothing in the height category. 185 @10% bf.
>>
>>37447924
>Not having orgasms while you lift
>>37447864
>>37447902
Fit people are still a minority where i live [spoiler] Jalisco [/spoiler] but what i've seen is that kids that were part of the "1st place in childhood obesity" generation that are now 17-20 are getting fit as fuck.
My Facebook is full of pics of fit guys next to a pic of them as fat kids with some faggy quote and the bicep emoji. Feels good, man.
>>
>>37448845
Fairly well.. Being foreign (and not a mudslim) is definitly a plus (like basically everywhere else). You should have game..
Munich is also known for its TU (technical university) so there are many dyels.
>>
>>37447864
>philippines
>/fit/s worst nightmare
>broscience is the norm
>everybody wants to be a "bodybuilder"
>skellies always listen to the biggest guy ends up doing a million curls
>avoids the squat rack like it's the plague
>only works upperbody
>constantly spouts broscience
>crossfit is becoming really popular
>people fucking their shit up left and right
>crossfit and broscience seem to be a thing together

I just want a homegym lads
>>
>>37448960
>>everybody wants to be a "bodybuilder"
But nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight

Same in my Shittistan
Everybody does some retard-volume brosplit
Anything less than 8 reps and you'll stay forever small
>>
>>37448626
/this
>>
Poland here

not popular at all, I keep seeing the same faces over and over at the gym and most youngsters are hipsterish skeletons

almost everyone below like 24 is more or less cucked
>>
>>37448933
Nice. I have pretty good game here in the states when I can be bothered enough to go out for something new, the college bar scene is just too loud and annoying (I'm a student). Otherwise I have my usuals.
I'm going to be at SDI but I'm pretty sure that's mostly for people who want to learn German.
From what I gather I'm going to be a little ways southwest of center city. Oh and no I'm definitely not Muslim. I am about as pale as it gets if not the second most pale (yet I was raised in a sunny paradise lel).
Do most Unis have good gyms, or are there good outdoor gyms in parks there in Germany. How are conventional gyms priced there?
>>
>>37449232
Really I would've figured Poland to have some strongman following. How cucked we talking? Like any muscular American with machismo can waltz around cracow fucking the finest of asses?
>>
Canada, Ontario to narrow it down, most people are on gear, tons of hockey fags, meatheads then the dyel foreigners. Guess theres a lot of everything
>>
>>37449271
Uni-gym is only an option if you want to train at inhuman times, otherwise its always extremly full (at least in most cities)
Munich is a pretty expensive city. Prices probably vary between 30-100€ for a monthly ticket.
Never seen something that you could classify as an "outdoor gym" in germany unless you want to train with bodyweight only..
>>
>>37449532
I mean if I am stuck without a gym and I'm going to be trageling around I don't see much option other than outdoor gyms. Luckily I do weighted Chins and dips as is.
I just worry my legs will go to literal shit. But one month won't change whole lot I guess. Here's hoping I guess. Also my professor told me Munich wouldn't be all that more expensive than where I live in the states (Orlando, home of the mouse)
>>
>>37449532
Are the uni gyms only open at crappy hours in Deutschland?
My unis gym is open 6am to midnight weekdays and closes at 10pm on weekends so I'm not familiar w/unis having restricted schedules
>>
>>37449633
Yea its not like switzerland-tier but still fairly expensive compared to other german cities.
A german youtuber (PumpingErcan) has a gym in Munich (Ercans Body Gym), southwest of the center. I guess you could check that out if you'll live close to it.
>>
>>37447873
My sides
>>
File: gym.png (4 KB, 429x117) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
4 KB, 429x117
>>37449691
Mines open from 7/10am to 23pmon weekdays, 14pm-20pm sat and 11am-22pm sun, dont know about others.
>>
>>37449823
(chart goes from 7am-23pm and shows how many people there are at what times)
>>
>>37447888
Miami here

I also confirm, everyone fucking lifts it's quite depressing
On the plus side there's a lot of permabulkers
>>
>>37447864

It's popular here and there are lots of /fit/ people, in fact most of the people here work out on a semi-regular basis and we're short on obese people for the most part.
>>
>>37448005

Back in the early 2000s the gyms in Australia were good. I'm not sure when or how gyms got so popular but they've become a really shitty experience for the most part. Despite their popularity I rarely saw decent physiques or cunts thar know what to do.

I got sick of ppl wanting to work in with me at 10pm so just bought a full free weight Olympic setup for my garage.
>>
NYC.

Touristy areas --> pure obesity
Real areas --> most people are fit in their desired way, e.g. athletic, built, ottermode, metrosexual
>>
>>37449823
So hours are (hopefully pretty managable) since I won't be working and will be having fun while I'm there.
>>
>>37450346
>>37449823
But are gyms shit tier or can I at least expect to perform barbell compounds because that's all I really need.
>>
>>37448960
>everyone looks DYEL
>empty squat rack
>get a bunch of skellies listening to everything you say
>nobody can blame you for taking roids

Sounds perfect desu.
>>
>>37447943
Kek
>>
Portland, Oregon

Fucking hipster DYELs doing crossfit and yoga and drinking kambucha tea. There's only one power rack with one bar in my gym and there's always some hamplanet using it for bar-only squats and lunges and shit. Everyone else is on cardio and machines.
>>
thanks everyone for reminding me why I built a gym in my garage.
>>
>>37451687

Living abroad atm but moving back to Portland in August. Which gym is that so I know what to avoid?
BTW, I hears good things about Loprinzi's but I've never been.
>>
>>37448040
That's called shoplifting my macaco friend
>>
>>37447864
>South Korea
In between sets of texting and selfies, they lift like shit, look like shit, and put water bottles on the utility benches instead of keeping it with them, thereby making no benches available.

Most of the gyms here are also anti-deadlift.
>>
>>37449800
pun
>>
>>37447888
From Miami as well. I've heard that the fitness culture is big here as well, but it's probably only slightly at that than most of America. Mostly DYELs and fatasses.
>>
>>37447864
Norway/Oslo here. Gym is popular, nearly everyone "Goes to The gym", most folks also do deadlifts, even The most commercial gyms have diddly platforms and power racks. Older People also hit The gym, but all kond of sports Are popular here.
>>
>Turkey
only curlbros
>>
>>37447864
>Austria

It's hard to find a gym that can attract enough customers to stay in business. On the plus side, I've been pretty much doing my workouts undisturbed for the last 5 years because I'm the only one using the weights. All the others just want the cardio machines.
>>
>>37447864
Fucking everywhere in Denmark. Young, old, fat, fit. It has been a fad for a while now, and it's increasing as a status symbol.

Basically people who don't gym are viewed as uneducated, dumb and lazy because they don't prioritise health (which is status)
>>
New zealand everyone and their mum plays rugby
>>
> Australia

Gym culture is huge here.
Zyzz was a result of the get shredded and go to raves culture here in Aus.

Bodybuilding is big here but I wish there was a bigger olympic lifting scene.
>>
>>37447864
>Texas
>San Antonio

Surging well, but 90% of people wont make it due to shit diets and laziness
>>
The Valleys, South Wales, steroid capital of the UK, huge gym culture
>>
File: 1465195129676[1].jpg (55 KB, 750x719) Image search: [Google]
1465195129676[1].jpg
55 KB, 750x719
Syria

50 lb sword curls
>>
>>37447864
southern california. mostly DYEL's and wanna be youtube cunts, everyone has a fucking nutrishop tank top
>>
>>37453558
I like how the executioner isn't even muscular. He's just a fat pile of lard
>>
Germany

Every turk is lifting these days. Had to move to another gym because of too many of them.
>>
File: 1453784278221.jpg (60 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
1453784278221.jpg
60 KB, 500x503
France
It's getting popular thanks to the "fitness xD Don't skip leg days ahah" community rising but we love our regular sports
/martial arts much more
>>
>>37453595
>It's getting popular thanks to the "fitness xD Don't skip leg days ahah" community rising but we love our regular sports /martial arts much more
I feel like some sort of hipster for "lifting before it was mainstream"
But like you said regular sports are still popular, every weekend I go out and play football with the lads
>>
File: 1454772596895.png (68 KB, 250x208) Image search: [Google]
1454772596895.png
68 KB, 250x208
>>37453647
>Hipster
Maybe. It attracted the worst of the connected
>Casual
social crowd. They're a fucking pain. The cross fit effect is awful. Everyone exercise just to be part of that fad. I can't take them seriously, especially given how little they really know
>>
>>37453595

Just came back from paris last week, had a really hard time finding a gym over there ended up in a neoness near are du nord was I justshit at searching?
>>
>>37449232
poland here too. theres a handful at my gym that i mire, but most are skellington curlbros
>>
>>37454307
Nah they're just not very common, even in big cities
>>
>>37447888
Checked, also confirming since I live in south Florida as well. I live in a really rich part tho so everyone has a good ol' pump before their workouts
>>
>>37447864
if you dont go to the gym you are either snobby, hipster, a socially retarded gamer or a fat ass.

oslo, Norway
>>
>>37447943
8 HOURS C'MON
>>
Austria

Pretty much non existent, altough the few people that are /fit/ are pretty fucking serious about it.
>>
>>37449307
Not him, but I'll weigh in:

Yeah, but that's because Cracow is generally full of whores who will do anything for anybody from beyond our western border. It's a rule in bigger and more "modern and "trendy" towns generally. We ain't "cucked" that much yet, probably won't be (compared to German or French i.e.) I wouldn't get too cocky in Poland, most people (that aren't cucky young fags with smartphones for brains) actually like to fight and quarrel, and in many places that could not end well for everybody involved (Cracow, surprisingly enough, has a reputation for knive usage).

About gyms he's exaggerating a bit, physical culture isn't dead, though it's not as popular as it used to be. It's climbing up again, but I fear that it's gonna be mostly trendy shit like crossfit. Still, oldschool gyms still have 30 years old kettlebells and atmosphere required for maximum natty gainz I suppose.
>>
File: 6252.jpg (109 KB, 749x736) Image search: [Google]
6252.jpg
109 KB, 749x736
>>37447873
Brother
>>
>Lithuania
>Very popular, there's a bunch of gyms in major cities and quite a number in smaller ones.

>>37454481
that was my post
>>
>>37453136
Can confirm its the same in both Norway and Sweden. Most people go to the gym. It's not an interest, it's a habit. Every dude I know that isn't a liberal cuck lifts (and even they go the gym).
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 977x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 977x423
Australia
>tfw 6'3 and /fit/ is average in Australia
>>
>>37453588
Dude
That's disgusting
>>
>Switzerland

Like with many things, it's quite balanced and neutral here. It's a thing, therr's a number of gyms in every city and they're all decently full most of the time. But it's not really part of our culture. People do it to be stronger and fitter mostly, apart from the DYEL teens and aggressive Turks
>>
>>37454864
im in sydney and not really i think you're just super conscious of everyone lmao

>>37448960
>>37450466
theres this philippino guy at my gym whos there like every day and brings his phillipino family members and coaches them on all sorts of retarded shit like 9999 sets of front/side raises with dumbells. and then tries to coach anyone else who looks at him. except hes like 5ft4 and skinny af and mires me hardcore even though im 5'10 and 73kg lmao

philipinos are weirdest fukin people
>>
>>37448077
Did you go to sunset music festival anon? I've never felt more small.
>>
>>37455177

check'd, where you at?
>>
>>37447864

Australia. Everyone is jacked. I hate it.

I live in Japan now though and my students call me macho sensei.

I'm dyel by fit standards though. I look like shit.
Gym culture in Japan is non-existent. I can count the guys I've seen in Japan who I would consider buff on two hands and half of them weren't even Japanese.
>>
>>37455248
Basel-Stadt
>>
>>37455254
do you drown in the poosy
>>
>>37448352
>lol, I'm not. I make 6 figures, I just prefer to not be flamboyant about it.
>Not being flamboyant
>Bragging on an Argentinian bead counting forum

K friend
>>
>>37449317
Alberta Checking in
Can confirm.
>>
Lebanon here.

Everyone knows how to bulk.

Nobody knows how to cut.
>>
>>37447864
yeah kinda, in romania many people have phds in broscience, but there are few people who actually know their shit
>>
>Bongistan
Most uncucked blokes go to they gym but a lot of them do pussy shit, I'd say only about 10% of men properly bodybuild and/or lift (not including the retards who do a machine circuit, drink a protein shake then think that counts)
>>
>>37447969
yes hopefully this trend vanishes soon...
atleast most of the fanboys "inspired" by youtubers have no consistency
>>
>>37455862

> Phd's from romania
>>
>>37448794
I am going to move to turkey in a few months. I saw a lot of dyels there which is nice, so I can be more outstanding
>>
>>37453575
Are you implying that Mohammed "The bulldozer" Emwazi isn't stronk?
>>
File: toigah.jpg (891 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
toigah.jpg
891 KB, 667x1000
>>37447864
Romania. Most people here act retarded in the gym (no surprise there) and throw weights like rabid fucking animals. Full of skellingtons that only do curls and curl variations all day and grills that do literally the most idiotic shit I've ever seen in my life because they saw some whore with ass implants do it on instagram or facebook. At least they wanna get thicc and have nice legs, mostly inspired by stupid niggeries in the US, but regardless it's one of the few contributions blacks have made to human society as a whole.
>>
Comes and goes. Most people in my country play a sport so alot of cardio.
Weightlifting is an after thought to the average person. I dont like sports
>>
>>37449232
Oberschlesien
gym popularity growing like fucking avalanche
few years ago just fatasses and skeletons; for some time hamplanets are vanishing and now most young ppl are fit or dyel at least
many fat older ppl tho
most popular target is bearmode
my heimat goes fucking right direction
>>
I'm in Croatia and I'd say that 75 per cent of all college students either lift, play sports or just work out. I see practically no full on fatties
>I'm still the biggest guy here tho
>>
>>37448960
This!
Also from phils. But as they say the squat rack is always empty which is nice.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (115 KB, 508x946) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
115 KB, 508x946
>>37447864
>Mexico

Crossfit is crazy popular her especially among DYEL women in their 30s that only go to the gym to take selfies in their gym clothes to tweet how "fit and healthy" they are.
>>
File: 1463660931414.jpg (83 KB, 505x786) Image search: [Google]
1463660931414.jpg
83 KB, 505x786
>>37447864
France
It's not, CrossFit® is becoming somehow popular though.
Finding a good gym in urban areas for less than 150-200€/month is almost impossible.
>>
File: DSCF4755.jpg (208 KB, 490x735) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4755.jpg
208 KB, 490x735
My country's already been covered, so I'll add something about Iran. I was surprised by the amount of gyms in large cities, and by the amount of people who were fit or even swole. Most young men also wore tight, brightly colored clothing and had very elaborate haircut. And since unmarried men and women can't hang out together in public areas, men spend all their time with each other, hold hands in the streets, take selfies while pouting together and so on (no homo ofc). It might be the most completely /fit/ country I've ever been to
>>
>bulgaria
i think is getting too popular. you can see a lot of ripped guys here there are many dyels but still
>>
>>37455709
>not dude you were replying to, but kind of related

I live in orlando, hard to judge because so many tourists, especially Brazilian ones, but I would say relatively non-fit, feels like about ~1 in 4 are obese/fatass.

>Now why I bring it up

I fucking love going to epcot and go to their little "around the world" shit. I go to Japanland and holy shit. Just fucking drown and i'm not even that big. But I guess being 6'0 and being in good shape shit is amazing. I can't even tell you how many times i've met some Japanese girl who says she doesn't want to "fuck" on a first date because she isn't like that, but i'm still bring them back to their place the next morning, so good.

The best part is because Disney is importing them, there is like a fresh batch every 6 months and usually every 12-18 months the last batch goes back home. Thank god I live like 20 minutes from that place, its amazing.
>>
>>37457264
>200€/month
You mean 20€/month, right? Or maybe 200€/year? 200€/month is about ten times what you might expect to pay in the U.S. For the price of a year's subscription at 200€/month you could have a pretty nice home gym, assuming that equipment prices are about the same there. Does everyone live in tiny one room apartments where they don't have the space for their own equipment? How else could such a business even be viable? Are these places used exclusively by sponsored athletes, or do regular people actually pay this?
>>
>>37447864
everybody is DYEL in quebec

pretty fucking sure I'm the only autist on gear desu
>>
>>37457715
Japanese girls are total sloots when they go outside japan
Actually a lot.of girls.go full sloot when travelling.

>>37447864
Live in singapore. Gym are fucking packed as fuck during peak hours. Of course this varies accordig to how much you pay for your gym.
2 dollar entry gyms are like tinned sardines and full of school kids. You can have 4 power racks at the gym and still need to queue for them to do your squats.
Then theres the $100/month gyms that are still packed as fuck, but no schoolkids
>>
>>37457918
I big cities there are rich people and expensive real estate
>>
>>37448822
Fibo senpai we in this.

a few /fit/ people where we're at but sadly nobody fucking knows about powerlifting. which is weird because quite a few people in local gyms do it but there just isn't a dedicated community for it.

i really want to open a PL gym one day here.
>>
>>37455040
That's what he said, They are disgusting, and therefore he moved.
>>
>>37447864
>How popular is Gym culture in your country?

they're mostly popular in the urban areas
>>
>>37447864
South Wales is a big rugby area so there's always been a lot of practical, power-based stuff going on.

But it's also poor as piss so you see a lot of bodybuilders trying to compensate.

Almost no gay culture though compared to over the border in England.
>>
>Bulgaria
Very popular. Everybody is trying their hardest to be a stereotype. Both young and older men shave their heads and do the stubble and hair equally long thing so their heads look like unwashed potatoes. They dress in ridiculous "high fashion" replicas. Everyone loves the gangster/criminal stereotype and try their hardest to replicate it. Most people train only curls and bench and have guts, horrible posture and big soft glycogen filled arms. Most gyms bros usually have injuries which they don't address at all. No pain no gain, amirite? Roids are super common even people who look like a week-old piece of shit are on gear as we speak.
>>
>>37457999
Sweet trips, I second this in my city the cheapest commercial gym costs around 600 bucks. my gym wich is pretty decent costs me around 1000 a year.
>>
>Mexico
My man.
>>
>UK

Fairly popular but when I get in for 6am it's usually just me and 4-6 other dudes pumping iron. Doubtless there are plenty other fuckboys who come in after that.
>>
>>37449317
Montreal here, city is a mix bag but the further out from the city you get the higher volume of juicers are present, it's insane, kids still in highschool already doing cycles.

Since this is an international thread I was wondering if any Scotsman could describe the gyms down there, prelevance, if power racks are readily available, prices et cetera.

Sort of sick of Frogland, tempted to try a year in my ancestral homeland, but not at the cost of my lifting.
>>
File: TakeActionScotland[1].png (249 KB, 1022x662) Image search: [Google]
TakeActionScotland[1].png
249 KB, 1022x662
>>37458277
>Scots
>Going to the gym

kek good one anon
>>
>>37458277
In small towns they're shite. My gym has 1 rack. In glasgow pure gym is huge though and has a lot of good equipment, pretty cheap too
>>
>>37456153
His name isnt Mohammed Emwazi. Emwazi is a skelly executioner, The Bulldozer is unnamed as of right now. And he's probably not strong and he's pretty short and fat.
>>
File: 1461641482355.jpg (32 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
1461641482355.jpg
32 KB, 400x349
>Argentina

it's a nightmare

>freeweights almost nonexistant
>not even one place to practice olympic lifting/powerlifting in the 3rd biggest city in the country
>most guys are skelly fucks "But I can run 10km bro" kind of people
>most popular physical activity is and will always be soccer
>mostly old gear and machines in gyms unless you wanna pay a fuckton of money to run in a brand new treadmill
>noone knows about strenght training

it's just bad.
>>
>Sweden
>Everyone does compound lifts
>Always a queue for the squat rack
>>
>>37455254
Because super fit guys are considered to be fags in jap culture.
>>
>>37447864
>Belgium
>most people prefer sports over going to gym
>still a large and growing portion who go to the gym
>however, very few of them have the dedication and mindset required to make it
>young guys are dyel to athletic, older guys are skinnyfat to builtfat
>most girls are skinnyfat
>few actual fat people, obesity levels still acceptable
>>
>Mexico
How do you manage to keep your nutrition up for your lift when mexican food is unhealthy as fuck
>>
Switzerland here. Gyms are getting more and more popular and some health insurance companies pay you a part of your gym membership provided it meets certain quality requirements. Most are shit-tier gyms full of machines, small free weight area, huge cardio area, and "functional strength" areas (meaning crossfit and shit). Real lifting is usually done by gangster wannabees from the Balkans or Turkey and by old school dudes. Lots of curlbros and new year resolutioners. If you want to do olympic lifting or powerlifting you must join a specific club. Fitness is either very cheap (crappy gym with shitty machines and no showers) or super expensive (beautiful gym with modern gear and spa). Oly clubs are usually super cheap as they are happy to get members. Count CHF 500 bucks a year for a cheap gym, CHF 1200 a year in a normal gym, and CHF 300 for the Oly club.
>>
>>37458375
I'd likely try Glasgow.
The only thing that makes this idea plausible is that I work for the Securitas security company which is international and transfers can be made.

>>37458317
Kek, guess I'd be quite the specimen since I'm already fit.
>>
>>37458566

Where the oly clubs at? Pls be around 8000
>>
>>37458459
nice try Mogambe
>>
File: 1465160775740.jpg (187 KB, 773x513) Image search: [Google]
1465160775740.jpg
187 KB, 773x513
>>37457918
>Does everyone live in tiny one room apartments where they don't have the space for their own equipment?
Well, yes.

>How else could such a business even be viable?
It's not, that's why there are very few of them.

Property is insanely expensive in city centers.
You can find an overcrowded room full of treamills/elliptic trainers and a bench for 30€/month but not actual gyms with space and free weights.
My gym isn't half decent and I pay 600€/year, the only really good gyms I can think of are a few high end clubs with subscriptions starting at 200€/month and hundreds to thousands of membership fee.
>>
>>37458501
Belgiumfriend. Canadafag here.
I will be in the netherlands in the fall for school. I havent made it, but I do look like I lift.
Will belgian girls allow me to invade their trenches like the Wehrmacht?
>>
File: tfwnoroberthusbando.jpg (59 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
tfwnoroberthusbando.jpg
59 KB, 537x720
Germany here, nere Czech border,

lots of slavic dudes there, most of them look pretty good, kind of built fatish but some quite aesthetic too, they all have really short hair and like to pose a lot lel

then there are the generic German gymbros, huge upper bodys, no older than 25, shoulders and traps and chests so huge you might think they're roiding but then you look at their legs and realize they don't have any so you lose any respect for them

handful of builtfat guys who are deep into lifting culture, browse /fit/, watch Dom Mazetti videos and most of all actually train legs, you know you're dealing with these guys if they wear shorts specifically so you can see their huge j00cy quads

>then there's this guy who's all in that last paragraph but who also wears colour matching ski socks to his JAKO shirt and lip syncs to Madonna in the squat rack while stretching for the next set of 140 kg x 5
>tfw that's me
>>
>>37458659
netherland girls are much easier and more fun to hang out with in my experience
seem to be more attractive on average too
>>
>>37447864
>India
Gym cultural is mildly popular in urban areas, nobody here joins a gym unless fat / rich

But quite a large population squats daily on the streets so i guess that counts
>>
>>37458605
There are these outdoor gyms in wood where anyone can train for free. That's where you'll find the giganiggers in Stockholm atleast.
>>
North NJ
Mostly high school athletes and wanna be installed models and some old/middle age people
>>
>>37458704
cool, thanks breh.
Might also go to Cologne and see if I can pick up a girl there.
gonna be in maastricht so its close enough
>>
>>37448626
This.
None in Mexico does power clean, or anything like that. Only curls, bench and basic curlbro stuff. I'm the strange guy doing oli lifts and squats. Everyone else is either a curlbro or a permabulking arms only dyel
>>
>>37458138
Fellow south-wales person here.
South wales actually has some of the highest steroid use in the world.

However, there is quite a bit of genuine natty gym goers too. Everyone in work seems to try to eat healthy and go to gym
>>
>>37448794
This and also almost %90 of gym people dont know what they are doing. They just do split over years without proper diet. You cant see a proper fit man in gym over here.
>>
>>37455736
To be fair he didnt mention it until you called him poor.
>>
Lofoten / Nordland, Norway
Lots of people going to the gym. Seen most legit strong/athletic people out in the districts, the city folk seem to just go there out of habit, although I suppose the powerlifters stick to their gym instead of going to the public ones.
>>
>England
I know quite a few people that lift but only my current and ex gymbro are actually good at it the others just do chest a bi twice a week
>>
>>37459615
>Lofoten

My man should I envy you as much as I can after seeing several tv shows and photoshoots about that place?
>>
>>37458766

Maastricht will have loads of international students, most of them German. I studied in Amsterdam, but heard that Maastricht girls are really easy if you're not a complete autist. Enjoy!
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.