[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/, how long until we have gravity chambers? Would it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Goku.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Goku.gif
2 MB, 480x360
So /fit/, how long until we have gravity chambers?

Would it even be viable, or would your skin just get super droopy?
>>
File: 1450057700197.jpg (96 KB, 567x600) Image search: [Google]
1450057700197.jpg
96 KB, 567x600
pure fiction faggot

your body would for lack of a better word "snap" under all that pressure

and why even bother? you would see more gains by roiding then you would ever see in a multi million dollar goku training simulation
>>
Your organs and bones would be completely destroyed.
>>
>>35260638
>"your body would "snap" under all that pressure"
>citation needed
>calling gravity pressure
>mfw
>>
>>35260650
nigga its not like you'd jump into 5G's from the get-go. I'd imagine your body could adapt within reason if you very gradually adjusted gravity.
>>
>>35260667
No you would die lol

Your organs would not be able to function
>>
Your joints would get destroyed. How to make gravity 101. Take a big sphere spin it. Congrats now you have artificial gravity.
>>
>>35260650
>>35260678
>>35260638
Then how can our bodies already withstand high Gs for limited periods of time, such as pilots and centrifuges?

I'm not talking 5gs for 2 hours, but maybe 1.2, 1.4 Gs. Where you're lifting more weight but over a limited period.
>>
>>35260667
Only your muscles adapt, your bones and organs don't, no matter how much you train them
>>
>>35260654
>lack of a better word
>needs citation for anime
>muh reading comprehension
>>
File: 1449471284732.jpg (61 KB, 350x335) Image search: [Google]
1449471284732.jpg
61 KB, 350x335
>>35260700
would you see more gains by doing all that or by taking roids?

you dont have to re invent the wheel with some super duper work out you literately saw on tv.
>>
Maybe this is a stupid question, but isn't the whole point of increased gravity to make things heavier? In which case you could just add more weight to whatever workouts you're currently doing?
>>
>>35260726
Hypotheticals are fun to discuss you literal faggot.

'no fun allowed' says fatty.
>>
>>35260700
>limited periods of time
You answered yourself, pilots are trained for years for THAT one purpose and they're cherrypicked.

And why would you workout at G2 when you can add weight to the bar ?
>>
>>35260700
>Where you're lifting more weight but over a limited period.

You want to have an environment where an X kg of certain mass would weight more than it would otherwise in 1G.

So... basically, you want heavier weights, but the unnecessarily expensive way.
>>
>>35260625
You kn what's a form of artificials gravity.

Weighlifting. By adding mass to your extremities you're making your body heavier as if there was more gravity.
>>
>>35260667
Gases and liquids would not be able to travel to the areas they need to go, thereby suffocation you faggot.
>>
>>35260726
Goku took magic beans too; you could train in the gravity chamber while not being natty.
>>
>>35260739
>centrifuging force is science fiction
Why is this board retarded today??
>>
File: Abs.gif (3 KB, 226x248) Image search: [Google]
Abs.gif
3 KB, 226x248
>>35260740
>why wont you let me train like the monkey boy from outer space in my chinese cartoons
>>
>>35260625
Only when you figure out how to train your cardiovascular system, which has evolved to work in a 1g environment for thousands of years, to not completely get fucked over by the increased gravity. Humans barely tolerate increased G forces for a couple of seconds (eg. fighter jet pilots) while sitting down without blacking the fuck out.
>>
>>35260625
Just add extra weight to whatever you're lifting.
>>
>>35260654
>implying your body doesn't experience pressure when pulled towards the ground
>>
>> move into gravity chamber
>> set it so that it starts at +10% earths gravity
>> set it to gradually increase to +100% (2Gs) over a year
>> live in 2Gs for another year
>> eat a massively nutrient rich diet
>> do cardio regularly, no roids, or other enhancing drugs, no heavy lifting (you couldn't do much more than that, you'd be just trying not to die)
>> come out and look down on us mere mortals

Assuming your heart could hold out for this - which I doubt it would - you wouldn't appear much bigger than an average person, but your muscle and bone density would be beyond anything humans now have ever seen. I can't say how much you could lift, but I'd imagine it would be in the area of what people in Strongman competitions do. That's assuming you even survive the ordeal before you cardio-vascular system gave out, or your brain hemorrhaged.
>>
>>35260903
You have definitely watched too much dragonball in your life.
>>
It would make you into a turbo manlet
>>
>>35260903
ain't possible son, it is a far to radical change to the environment, that's not even taking into consideration that evolution needs multiple generations to adapt to new environments
>>
>>35260903
>implying you wouldnt be manlet 5'1" from 6'5" after year.
also stop spilling bullshit.
>>
>>35260948

No. The green text was half satire. Did you even read the black text? Adaption wouldn't be linear. Earth gravity is easy to live in. Your body would keep adapting (or trying to) until 2Gs are easy. That would require that you become 3-4x stronger, not just twice as strong.
>>
>>35260976
>>35260988

You likely wouldn't last a year. Your heart would give out or your brain would squish. Regardless of whether or not the rest of you could survive it. I am literally writing in hypotheticals and impossible assumptions.
>>
>>35261060
gotta hand it to those fatties weighing over 200kgs amirite?

(i know it wouldnt be the same to some person at 100kgs living in 2G)
>>
>>35261033
Well allow me to burst your anime fantasy bubble right now. Gravity has a compressional effect on your spine. Living in increased gravity wouldn't cure your manlet. People living for long periods of time in zero or low gravity (like the guys in the ISS do) actually come back down to earth an inch or so taller because the spinal vertebrae spread out a bit because of the lack of gravity. I'd imagine living in 2G for a prolonged period of time, if possible, would only produce the opposite effect.

Now, on the point of cardiovascular adaptation. Even IF, by some magical power of animes, your cardiovascular system adapted to living in 2G (and this kind of shit definitely doe not happen overnight; imagine how long it would take humans human beings to evolve in that way, if they even manage to do so), you heart is now pumping blood up your head 2x as hard, effectively doubling your blood pressure. Going out of your magical fairy gravity chamber, you'd likely pop a blood vessel or two the instant you stepped out of it, and I imagine your reign as king of manlets would be an extremely short one.
>>
>>35261084

A person weighting 100kg would certainly be a lot more comfortable. But their brain would still start to flatten in their skull and they'd die. XD
>>
>>35261121
your typical braindead meathead rite guys rite?
>>
>>35260976
>evolution
>tips fedora

Haha great post
>>
>>35261114

>>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Why are you believing what I am typing and arguing with me? I thought we were having a hypothetical conversation about what would happen in 2G, assuming death didn't occur. I've already talked about what the brain and heart would go through in reality.
>>
>>35261121
In 2G your blood would be double it's weight so the heart would have to increase the pressure significantly which would make it go pop most likely sooner than later.
>>
>>35261114
Then why do people not die of high blood pressure in 0g?
>>
>>35261147
radical change is recipe for disaster in this context tho matey, consider holding back on those one liners and post something constructive in the future :)
>>
File: wada.jpg (40 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wada.jpg
40 KB, 960x720
>>35260791
>not wanting saiyan gainz
>>
File: 1437629142330.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1437629142330.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>35260625
Nasa estimates that the human body is capable of adaptation to 2 - 3 times earth gravity. People have survived up to 24 hours in 2 g without ill effects, 4 g will stop blood flow to the brain. Wether it might reduce lifespan is uncertain, but damage if any at all will not be very immediate. This stays interesting.
>>
>>35262183
>>35262183
Thanks hypnocat. Conceivably just performing daily chores at even 1.2-1.5 times gravity should increase gains provided proper nutrition, right?
>>
>>35262183

Citation needed.
>>
>>35262477
Who knows what wil happen. There are just so many things that need to be taken in consideration. Tube study results also don't always count for real life situations for instance.
Maybe muscles will become smaller, can't think of why, but unexpected results have showed from experiments. Until we test it we can only speculate.
>>
The closes thing to achieve a gravity chamber is working out at the bottom of a deep pool.
>>
i beg to differ. i've done all sorts of things to my body that would render most quite injured or crippled, and never broken a bone or sprained a muscle. been a few times i've nearly drown but never broken my body. and i can control my blood flow, so i believe it would be possible to withstand more than our current gravity, and since it can change quite a bit depending on where you are on the earth... point proven
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.