[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Triple Parallel China Inverter Generators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: triple parallel.png (343 KB, 1108x279) Image search: [Google]
triple parallel.png
343 KB, 1108x279
Hurricane Season is here, I'm preparing my game room as the family shelter after we return from evacuation. I want to use quiet, fuel efficient inverters because last major hurricane it was nearly impossible to find gas, I need to shitpost on 4chan using my comfy desktop computer, and thieves won't easily here them humming away.
>Have a Wen 52600i 2000 watt inverter generator aka Yamaha clone for camping / power tools
>thinking of buying 2 more because they are cheap, simple, and work well.
>want to wire up something similar to pic related and power game room via extension cords.

Questions:
Honda EU2000i generators have been proven to have triple parallel capability. Does anyone know if Yamahas or their clones do?
>from what I understand the inverter generators, that do not use a communication cable, auto detect and match waveform of first generator started up, so I figure 3 Wen 52600i's should have same ability as 3 Honda eu3000i's.

Does the triple parallel kit of pic related send two 120 volt signals of same phase to both hot wires on the 50 amp plug? I was thinking about having two 30 amp RV plugs since I have a couple of RV cords already. This would be 4800 max normal watts, 6000 surge at 120 volts, giving about 40 max sustained amps.
>can I just use thick wire and say fuck it or is there another fire risk I am not taking into consideration?
>>
>>999351
Should also note I am a fan of redundancy and flexibility. Figure if 1 generator goes out, I just have to choose between ac and shit posting.
>>
>>999351
I cant tell from your picture, is the output 120 only or 120/240 depending on the receptacle you plug into.
>>
>>999476
I'm pretty sure it is 120 with both legs powered from same hot in phase, so pic related would kill 240 devices, but if distribution downstream downstream only goes to 120 stuff, should be a non issue, just has half power.
>>
How is your internet supplied?

>use it as a shelter for after we return from evacuation.

After you return from evacuation? The shelter is for when the hurricane happens.

Hurricane shelter
>>
>>999636
After evac from the last gulf Hurricane, it was 1 week before we had power back at home after we returned.... So, we ended up bumming off of some friends for air conditioner/electricity. Now we have babby.

My job is such that I have to return ASAP after a hurricane and I much prefer my wife and kid to be with me.

I'm referring to using the game room as a post hurricane family room, shelter was probably the wrong word. I've sheltered in place for a hurricane before... Not worth the risk... Idea is to not power entire home, install transfer switch to power game room only since it has a window AC that can more easily be powered by a generator.

Internet is cable, however; during hurricane times company gives everyone nice little hotspot devices and foots the bill for awhile.
>>
What part of gulf coast you at? Alabama here
>>
>>999351
If OP can afford it, I suggest skipping the babby generators and ordering a Miller propane-fuelled welder-generator or generator instead. OP is in the South so I presume he has at least one residential LP tank.

Have switchbox added then power your whole house. You can run drop cords before then if time and cash are issues.

Ghetto shit has its place, but the advantage of Millers is the same for /diy/ers as for construction firms. Durable units, plentiful replacement parts, and designed to run for thousands of hours.

Run genset as needed from your fat LP supply, and you can extend runtimes by using some golf cart or big truck (18=wheeler etc) batteries with inverters if you like.

Check amateur radio peeps for some of their backup solutions.
>>
>>999865
Texas
>>1000664
Will look into.

I bought a Wen parallel kit and took it apart, just a junction box that parallel connects a RV 30 amp and a 3 prong twist lock 30 amp with 12 gauge wire. Figure if I splice into parallel plug connection with parallel wires for a 3rd Generator, put 20 amp 5R Y cord adapters on RV and twist lock, and install 15 amp resets on each of the 4 legs, I should be safe for power distribution via extension cords and be able to use all the power 3 generators have to offer with full parallel load sharing while not overloading any wire. Will set up a marine tank and shelf system as well to feed 3 generators from common large tank.

I don't consider it a ghetto approach, just modular. If I want to go camping, bring 1, need more juice, bring 2, need to power bulk of home, all 3. Benefit is these type of generators are quiet, you have redundancy, they weigh under 50 lb apiece so I can load and unload myself, and power quality is good enough for everything. Overall project will cost 1600, less for me since I have 1 generator already, which is very cheap for inverter quality power of that magnitude.
>>
>>999865
I'm in Mobile, you?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.