[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's fix an AC!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 735x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 735x820
Fan light is flickering on my in house display, and on the roof the intake fan isn't moving? How do I fix this?
>>
>>998704
you should probably explain what kind of system this is and maybe take some pics since i have no idea what youre talking about an im an hvac tech
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 500x621
Ok sure, come back in like 10, phone has to charge so I can take pics. But thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Pic one. Should have the word fan in a small black box in the top left of display but it's hard to capture
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Fan specs. Sorry couldn't take upside down photos
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Fans cords
>>
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Model specs
>>
>>998704
Is there air coming out of the vents inside? is the compressor running on the outside unit and just not the fan?
>>
No running air inside- and to the best of my knowledge the compressor is still working. The fan itself just won't move
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 1280x960
So that's the basic of it
>>
well if the compressor is running but the outdoor fan isnt running, that fan is probably fucked. you can try carefully spinning the blade to see if it starts with a bit of help. that usually indicates the capacitor is toast and maybe not the motor. those are like $5 and easy to change. if the indoor fan isn't going then there is another problem. you would need to check that its getting power and/or capacitor burnt also. basically get out your multimeter and see where there is power
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 356x356
It's 100 in my house plz help
>>
>>998747
Ok good tips I'll try em
>>
Ok further update- it SOUNDS like the inside fan is working, but I'm about to climb up in there and look
>>
>>998764
is this one of those bastard things that are up in the attic?
>>
>>998768
Maybe... I'll get access and find out. Also the ROOF fan on the unit is working just fine. It's something INSIDE the house... Can't be the compressor either cause it's cold up in the vents...
>>
>>998774
wtf are you talking about. the fan you showed was an outdoor fan a condenser fan it could be a bad fan motor or a bad capacitor.
>>
>>998814
and if it's the indoor fan could be circuit board blower motor or capacitor.
>>
>>998749
Go outside
>>
>>998774
>Maybe... I'll get access and find out.
Just call your goddamn landlord already.
>>
My landlord is basically a retard... And it's what SOUNDS LIKE the inside fan that ain't working. The fan on the outside actual AC unit works fine
>>
>>998911
I know that feel.

I found that my landlord had piggybacked the kitchen power outlets on the 32A water heater circuit (labelled 'oven') and not bothered to hook up the ground pins to anything.
>>
>>998911
Are there two fans? The one in the pic above, is that the one that's stuck?

Do you encounter many people who are as retarded as your landlord, or could it be you? No offence meant, just trying to diagnose the problem
>>
looks like AZ, invite me over, ill fix
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.