[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I get my pipes to look like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160525-115638.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160525-115638.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
How would I get my pipes to look like this?
>>
>>998588
You buy a full blown stainless steel exhaust and they eventually do it on their own from the heat.
>>
lookup steel colours
you'll see
>>
>>998588
carefully use a pencil torch till desired color appears ~700 deg. F.
Or run your engine till high temp.
>>
>>998588
it happens naturally, but stock cruiser pipes are double walled, which stops the outside from getting hot enough to discolour the chrome.
>>
>>998588
Heat changes the color of the pipes. It's most pronounced if they are chromium plated or polished steel. If you are going for that look, make sure that they are not double-walled like >>998634 said.
>>
>>998588

steel blues once it reaches a certain temperature.
Here is an example of perfect cosmetic bluing of steel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhjiIPohUyw
>>
>>998588
run the stock jetting for the carbs after you put on an aftermarket open flow exhaust system.
that is a condition of the engine running too lean. it's not a good thing.
>>
>>999683
Correct, Other than on cheap shit single wall aftermarket exhausts it is bad news, and THAT much bluing would have me worried on anything.

Image search "burned exhaust valve" for reasons.
>>
You get it by actually riding your bike.
>>
Pour gasoline on it. Ever seen it make cool colors in water? That's the same effect.

Pour some on your pipe but you'll need to heat treat it. If you mix s little bit if water with the gas it will no longer be flammable. Mix 1/4 water 1/2 gasoline and 1/4 glue (it'll need to stick to the pipe) mix it well and apply generously to your pipe.

Now you'll need to heat treat this to make it permanent. Get a torch and heat your pipe after the mixture is applied. Heat it for at least 5 minutes.
>>
>>1002374
>How to napalm your motorbike
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.