[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't pay my electricity bill and they switched it off,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0418.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0418.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
I didn't pay my electricity bill and they switched it off, how do I turn it back on?

They had to actually send somebody out to do the deed which makes me think I can switch it back on myself.
I don't care about them finding out because I'm moving apartments in just over a month

Pic related, the meter.
I think I can disconnect the tamper proof case from the wall without destroying the security seal
>>
Here's something you can do yourself: pay your bills.
>>
There's probably a phone number on the bill you didn't pay. Try calling it and they will come and turn on your electricity after you pay your bill.
>>
There's no supply to your meter. Time to pay your bill.
>>
>>997998
see that yellow thingy on the right?

try flipping it up
>>
>>998007
>>998008
>>998011
The bill is already paid but they won't send somebody around to turn it on for a few days, hence this thread.
It wasn't even my fault, my bank fucked up the direct debit so it was denied, and the electricity company don't have my phone number so they just went straight to turning it off
>>
>>997998
lol

someone want to report meter tampering to all the slovakian power authorities?
>>
>>997998
Don't fuck with power companies, if they see you have been screwing around with their equipment they might decide you are better of without power.
And once you are on one companies "blacklist" you are fucked.
>>
>>998017
A 25A breaker? What is even the point of such a shit supply.

Op you can't remove the bottom panel without cutting the seal. If you did cut and remove it you wouldn't get electricity you would just get dead.

The meter is digital, it can probably be turned on and off by short range radio link or something.
>>
lol don't fuck with electrics if you don't know what you're doing.
>>
>>998090
We don't know who he is, moron. OP is an idiotic cunt but you're just brain dead.
>>
>>998022
It's not that easy. They make meters like that these days to stop or at least try and stop meter theft or power theft.
>>
>>998103
so those bar codes don't mean anything?
>>
>>997998
How many times do you have to make this thread before you just pay your bills, Tyrese?
>>
Welp Mr. Stárek, you should have at least hidden those serial numbers. Some busybody could be poking wih them at your distribution company. Btw, that is from Czech Rep.
>>
>>998116
Let me put it another way.

Stop being a cunt.
>>
>>997998

This post takes me back.

>Come home one day and the power is out
>All of the neighbors have power
>Call power company
>Tell me that I told them to disconnect my service because I was moving
>Neighbors were moving
>Pull old style analog meter out of the wall and remove plastic insulators placed between the meter and the wall receptacle
>Reconnect
>Have power
>Get billed for meter tampering

Those were the days :)
>>
>>998022
Bullshit. They will send you notice after notice. They don't just come and cut it off the day it's declined.
>>
>>998242
why not report him?
>>
>>998093
Yeah this.
Don't fuck with them unless you're travelling far away.

If I were you op id get a 50 foot extension cable and do whatever it takes to get a neighbor to power it out a window.
Also don't lie to people smarter than you, see previous replies about how full of shit you are and yet asking for our help with this shameful situation.
>>
>>998289
I only moved to this country a few months ago, I only have a very basic knowledge of the language.
I had no written notices and when I went to the power company office to complain they said that because I didn't have a phone number associated with my account they couldn't get in touch.
Maybe I ticked a box about not recieving paper invoices or something when I signed up, idk.

>>998356
I haven't touched the meter, if you found a way to report me they would just come and see it in perfect condition
>>
>>998185
Stárek is the guy who owned this place before the current landlord, I'm not Czech
>>
>>997998
You sure it's worth it? If they find out, they could charge you lots (like a penalty fee) and you'll have to pay them, even if you're switching companies.

Also you could face criminal charges depending on where you live, which would suck really bad. It doesn't seem very likely though.
>>
>>998022
Keep trying to call them, go down to see them in person with proof of payment/ID or just wait it out. Shit sucks, but like everyone else says, you don't want to fuck with the utilities companies. They will rape you in court, could start adding fines to your bills, completely deny you service, and at last resort will pass you off to the bill collectors. I gotta tell you, some of those dudes are scary motherfuckers.
>>
>>998417
>Stárek is the guy who owned this place before the current landlord

So he's found the correct address & supply details, though?
>>
>>998483
He read the name written on the paper right there in the image if that's what you mean
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.