[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it safe to leave this cord hanging?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (876 KB, 1936x1947) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
876 KB, 1936x1947
is it safe to leave this cord hanging?
>>
>>997806
Yes
/thread
>>
>>997806
Sure. Unless your house catches on fire and you were depending on that smoke alarm to let you know. But that cord has a plug on the end, so you're all good there.
>>
>>997807
>>997813
oh ok, i still have detectors in each room but that specific one kept giving me the "malfunction" code so i removed it. just wanted to make sure that cord thing wasn't hazardous

thanks guys :^ )
>>
>>997822
Change
The
Battery
>>
>>998024
i did : ( first alert's beep codes are (1) for change battery and (3) for replace the device. tried all the fancy reset techniques and it STILL kept chirping
>>
>>998088

If you use amd, i recommend you replace that smike alarm immediately and never talk to me or my son again
>>
>>997806
Define safe.
There is a plug which should be safe to handle but its not safe to spray water on or jam paperclips into it then its not safe.
If you take the plug off then its not safe to touch but its probably safe to leave alone as long as you know it won't be disturbed, e.g. If you can lock the room and put up a warning then its probably safe.

Really nothing is 'safe' because people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>998123
kek
>>
>>998088
>tried all the fancy reset techniques and it STILL kept chirping
Type the part/model number from the label
into your favorite search engine and replace it with same or equivalent. If it's 10 years old especially.
>>
>>998123
Suck my hairy balls.
>>
>>997806
OMG NO ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL EVERYONE?!?!
>>
I had a co2 detector that was chirping like that. Looked at the date of manufacturing sticker on the side and it was 10 years and 1 month old. I emailed the landlord the part number and he ordered a new one, same model, and shipped it directly to the house. I plugged the new one in to the old wire and it worked great.
>>
>>997806
if there's no exposed wire then it should be safe
>>
File: 574571192.jpg (43 KB, 506x383) Image search: [Google]
574571192.jpg
43 KB, 506x383
>>998263

>co2
>>
>>998291
Whoops. Turns out that I type co2 so much that it's in autocorrect now.

To set the record straight, CO.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.