[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyway to make a 2.1 rca cable using a 3.5mm connector? Trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 300x300
Anyway to make a 2.1 rca cable using a 3.5mm connector?
Trying to plug my cellphone directly to a pair of car amps (one stereo and one subwoofer)
>>
The stereo part was easy to get, but i can't figure out a way to mix the sound from both channels to the subwoofer output without mixing them on the stereo outputs as well.
>>
>>997541
The only ways I can think of to isolate your sub channel would be to use an optoisolator or an isolation transformer, both of which are gonna need a pre-amp.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 KB, 300x300
>>997547
Would be something like this?
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (38 KB, 859x418) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
38 KB, 859x418
These should be easy to obtain, they're used on the last release of the Xbox 360.
>>
>>997556
Yeah, but those have one extra channel on the 3,5mm jack, and probably won't be compatible with the phone output.
I need the third output to be the sum of the signals from the stereo channels, without actually turning everithing in a mono channel (as it would happen if i just wired them together)
>>
from what super little I know, there doesn't seem to be any easy (passive) way to do this (short of using a transformer?)

you can't use diodes to block the signal path, as it would then cut off the negative portion of the signal

you could run another circuit in parallel that inverts the phase, runs a diode on the inverted signal, flips it back to the correct polarity and then adds it to the other half rectified signal, but you're going to need power to do any of that

the transformer option may not be too bad if the sub has it's own independant volume control, someone more knowledgable than me might be able to tell you if there would be any impedance issues or not with this solution
>>
>>997562
Why wouldn't diodes work if i unify the ground wires?
>>
>>997562
>>997564
Something like this
>>
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 600x600
>>997568
Forgot the pic
>>
>>997556
That won't work. Phones only have 2 chanels. The 3rd would be the microphone/remote input connected to a set of headphones.
>>
>>997541
why does your sub have a single input?
just use one channel or you need something like LFE crossover
>>
>>997614
I have currently set the sub input as a copy of the regular right audio channel, but for certain songs or media (as movies) sometimes the low frequency audio is not fully reproduced, as it comes from the left audio channel.
And yes, the subwoofer amplifier has only one RCA input.
>>
>>997569
are you trying to sent someone back in that with that flux capacitor, anon?
>>
>>997620
http://www.rolls.com/product.php?pid=SX45
>>
>>997624
kek
>>997630
Thanks bro, I think a crossover would be the safest bet. Two inputs, 4 outputs.
>>
>>997569
You've discovered the secret to time travel!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.