[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stealthily disable my neighbor's broken, obnoxiously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1
How can I stealthily disable my neighbor's broken, obnoxiously loud outdoor A/C unit?
>>
Offer to fix it for free.
>>
I think he just fixed it after the hail storm
>>
>>997404
/thread
Don't be a nigger, do it right.
Otherwise you well end up slowly living an increasingly spiteful each day ending up all alone on your deathbed...
>>
>>997405
Lol
>>997406
I don't think ops neighbors AC unit is broken I think it's just shitty. A lot of the older models around here (greater Midwest) are loud by default
>>
>>997403
take an awl+hammer and puncture the radiator, hole at the top and hole at the bottom to drain asap
>>
>>997403
>fort myers
>expecting floridian air conditioning to be anything other than low quality ripoff artist jobs.
>>
chuck a stick in the fan, or puncture the copper pipe in the condensing unit
>>
A better use of ur time is to get a bunch of balloons and fill them with the cooling agent freon freon22 and get high! Duhh! Then he won't have to use it!
>>
>>997419

>radiator

the fuck? it isnt a car you fuckin moron... theres no antifreeze running thru AC coils
>>
>>997403
>How can I vandalize?
>I hate neighbors, should move to wilderness
you need counseling.
>>
>>997423
Lol?
>>
OP is bitter about the fact he can't afford air conditioning. Otherwise he wouldn't have to sit with the windows open listening to his neighbours.
>>
>>997526

Even if the HVAC autists will scream about how it's a condenser, it's very much a radiator.

Although, given the exact wording of your post, I'm inclined to assume you think "radiator" is literally an automotive-specific term.
>>
Cut the fan wires will trip on hp with out him figuring it out for awhile or pull a component off the PC board .Maybe they don't make the same and there for replace the unit. Only if u really want be a dick . But step one always isolate the power! (Make sure it's off ). And the word is finned coil. Used for multi purposes gas. liquid or air!
>>
Don't be a nigger OP.
If it is broken offer to fix it.
Have a friendly talk with your neighbour and tell him about his loud AC.
Be polite and don't be an ass.
If it ain't broken see if he wants to noise insulate it.
If all fails you can still break it.
Build a small emp generator and fry this thing.
But try to be civil.
If you hate your neighbours you are looking at some awful time in the hood.
>>
>>997647
It's an evaporator condenser coil. Basically a heat exchanger.

While it would all be under the umbrella term, radiator, it isn't designed to work as such.
>>
>>997403
open the elecrical box on the wall and shut the breaker off. or even pull i tout
>>
>>997647
What is latent heat Alex.
Radiator doesn't condense coolant from a vapor to a liquid a condenser does.
You are correct that it is a heat exchanger.
>>
tell a local meth addict about the free copper inside

problem solved
>>
Chew through the power cable, that way he'll think an animal did it.
>>
>>998249
But it radiates heat in order to condense
>>
>>998544
i don't think anybody calls it a 'radiator'

sure it releases heat but practically it's a condenser
>>
>>998556
In america, we call them ''raydiators''.
>>
>>997403
that box on the wall is the outdoor disconnect, it will either have a plug to pull or fuses that will disconnect the main power. this is temporary, and fairly cheap to repair.

the low pressure line, (the fat one, not the thin one) has a schrader valve on the line just before it enters the condensing unit. if you take a tiny rock and place it in between the cap and valve, it will open the valve as you tighten the cap back on and introduce a slow leak into the system until all the refrigerant is gone. this can be mildly expensive to very expensive depending on the age of the unit.

if you can get into the unit, unplugging the capacitor might cause the fan motor to burn itself out, mildly expensive.

if you can get into the unit and short out the compressors connectors, you can kill the entire ac system due to burn out and contamination. this also causes the connectors to blow out of the compressor, and shoots out hot oil and flame. its called terminal venting or some such. you wont want to stand in front of it when this happens. very very expensive
>>
>>998544
yes it does just because it radiates heat doesn't make it a radiator. The same way the sun isn't a radiator.
>>
>>999279
better example a fireplace isn't a radiator.
>>
HVAC tech
Really man ???
Ok I will let you how to do it but if you get caught it will be a huge fine felony epa bla bla
You will want to drill a hole in the Condenser coil. Be Aware that liquid refrigerant will burn you, and when the liquid refrigerant hit the atmospheric pressure it will flash into a vapor. Would not recommend it though Karma is a bitch
>>
>>997403
Piss in it a few times and I guarantee they'll shut it off for you
>>
>>999279
Yet the segment that radiates the heat would be a radiator.
>>
>>997403
Pour pre mixed cement in it during the night
>>
>>997403
Poke a hole somewhere in the copper tube which contains refrigerant. Make it look like it happened naturally. The refrigerant will just leak, and will make the unit useless.

They will have to top it up, and replace the copper tubing. I doubt they will do that anytime soon.

Other things... you could fuck it electrically (they are not really protected), you could mess around in the inside...

Again, be subtle.
>>
>>997403
one very simple thing to do would be to cover it in petrol and set fire to it
>>
>>999407
You don't understand how these work, do you?
>>
>catch a coon and kill it(the furry little one not the big black on)
>Get the guards of when the fan is running
>Throw it in and make a mess
>>
>>997403
Steal the freon and huff it you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>999279
The sun is a radiator
>>
>>999279
>the sun isn't a radiator
are you fucking serious?
>>
>>997403

Instant mashed potatoes.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.