[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good projects for a high school senior set on aerospace
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
What are some good projects for a high school senior set on aerospace engineering to do?

Any ideas? If questions like these are not allowed on the board, my apologies. I figured this is the place to go for such a question

Thanks
>>
>>997249
>If questions like these are not allowed on the board, my apologies. I figured this is the place to go for such a question

Someone call the gastappo, another person wants to do something and we gotta stop em for... reasons.

OP make an em drive. They are all the rage right now.
>>
>>997250
Yeah lol, just very new to this board. Seems a lot more mature than most boards.

I wish, EM drive is miraculous if possible
>>
>>997256
/diy/ is one of the shittiest boards with the most terrible amateur projects (e.g. buried shipping container housing that looks shit and other terrible ideas).

The fun part is we all know it and laugh about it. /diy/ is definitely not mature.
>>
File: F1X9AJMGLPH1ODI.MEDIUM.jpg (18 KB, 620x295) Image search: [Google]
F1X9AJMGLPH1ODI.MEDIUM.jpg
18 KB, 620x295
>>997249
try making some blades for a small wind turbine.
Git yer chosen airfoil and a block of wood long enough and thick enough. Go every four inches and cut down to the top of your airfoil. Should end up with a piece with a lot of notches cut into it that follow your airfoil. Then start carefully chiseling off material until you have a rough cut blade. File down to get a gradual slope and then sand.

Do some testing with rpm sensor to find the blade's stall speed. If you want more, adjust the pitch of the blade and measure how that affects the rotation.
>>
Since you're about to go to college and do a lot of physics and other engineering type activities you should really get familiar with units.

My Summer project was to calculate the energy and time required to kill 6,000,000 Jews. Turns out it was possible energy wise, however even the best estimates time wise are no where close! Have fun!
>>
>>997634
care to post the data?

i need to convince people that 6 trillion jews did not die but rather ~~1.5-2 million.
>>
Use off the shelf electronics to make a heat seeking missile.

If you can successful do that. Defense companies and the FBI will be looking at you very hard.
>>
File: 1371942442319.png (54 KB, 771x704) Image search: [Google]
1371942442319.png
54 KB, 771x704
>>997646

I'll redo the calculations. I threw them out forever ago knowing people still wouldn't believe the data sitting in front of them.

Also, 1.5-2 million is still really optimistic given best case scenario conditions. Another consideration is the logistics to these camps. The amount of coal brought in by train wasn't enough to cremate even half of the populations. However, Germany at the time did produce enough energy to cremate those people, the logistics wasn't there.

Not to mention pic related. Teeth aren't lost in the cremation process. So you should be able to go around to each site with a shovel and there was something like 10^3 teeth per 3 cubic meters.
>>
>>997777
The schools butthurt will be eternal if OP does this for his presentation.
>his aerospace career will be shot to shit though.

OP Make a Xray radiation Emitter and point it at the audience and give a lecture on the dangers of Cancer and why there needs to be more medical research Funding so that when you are in Space as an Astronaught you can be safe from harmful xrays as you are demonstrating.
>>
Model gliders
>>
>>997249
Kfm airfoil maybe?
>>
>>997249
Pilot here

Test the idea of using hydrophobic coatings for anti-ice purposes. Get one of those 2-part coatings, apply it to a composite airfoil, and test it through a range of icing conditions. Find the temperature limits of the coating, and the effectiveness of the coating with different types of ice (sleet, hail, rime, clear, mixed). Make sure to include the total weight of the coating, because that has a lot of significance in the realm of aviation.
>>
>>997249
Assuming you're on a limited budget, get into RC planes or rockets. There are a lot of college competitions run by AIAA or SAE for max endurance, max payload, max altitude, course-following, that sort f thing. being familiar with rocket or RC tech will get you familiar with the basic practices behind aero design, and give you practice building things. It'll even help if you wind up looking for a job at a UAV or New Space company.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.