[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Booby Traps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: front yard look a like.jpg (106 KB, 636x476) Image search: [Google]
front yard look a like.jpg
106 KB, 636x476
I've been egged the past two weekends and I'm getting sick of it. What are some non-lethal booby traps I could set up? Attached is a picture of what my front yard looks like.
>>
>>997171
Are you sure about this.
Booby traps don't care whether your mailman ormthe same punks walk to your house.
>>
Stop being a faggot, stop getting egged, simple enough.
>>
>>997171
Get a gun and shoot em. Faggot.

Get a fucking dog so you know when they are around to shoot.
>>
File: make this.jpg (2 MB, 3762x3323) Image search: [Google]
make this.jpg
2 MB, 3762x3323
>>997171
>>
Okay here's what you do:

Step 1 hidden cameras. Go all out on the cameras so you can find out exactly who is egging your home.

Step 2 is find out where they live. If you did step 1 correctly you know who has been egging your house, and now you have to track them down one by one.

Step 3: Kill them all in egg-related ways. I promise you no one will ever egg your home again if you do these steps correctly.
>>
How about you just build a large fence it stops your yard from being egged and it makes it easy to clean too
>>
>>997171
that's some nice grass

get a paintball gun and paint them bright pink

>>997272
I'd replace step 3 with "douse their house with fake blood, and then poop in their yard"
>>
>>997247
>>997252
>>997272
Found the sumnerfags
>>
>>997171
The more you retaliate the more you will get fucked with.
Call the police and ignore them.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punji_stick
>>
>>997320

>call the police

They probably won't even come out to do a report, much less actually investigate. You should install cameras to find out who it is and talk to their parents. If you keep getting hit, you're dealing with someone in the neighborhood.

An alternative is to scare them off with multiple bright, motion sensor lights and obviously placed cameras.

They're either looking for easy targets or singling you out to settle or a personal grudge. Scare them to another house or figure out who it is.
>>
>>997171
New neighbors moved in up the street from my Dad, dead end street pretty narrow, new kids, up and down the road all day and well into the night on ATV's, those mini rice rocket bikes and a homemade gocart, they ride on the street, sidewalk, lawns, through yards
Dad gets pissed calls the cops, big show, got talked to, under control says the police
The egging, balloons with piss, paint and oil start, spay poison on the lawn, car tire are slashed
Dad is done with the police
Kids are down at a park with their mom, my mother and sister are watching, i go with dad to the "white trash" house, guy is sitting on a couch in the driveway, his wife's folks own the house, no way this turd affords this place, dad tells him to control the kids or else, guy says no, tells dad to fuck off, do what he wants, dad warns him again, gets up and asks dad what is he gonna do about it, dad whips out his gun, shoves it in the guys mouth, puts him down on his knees and tells him if he has to come over again, he will kill them all
We go home, new respect for dad, tells me to clean up my room, get a job and cut my hair, did them all, turned a lot around in my life after that night
Kids were never outside again until the moved away that thanksgiving
Dad is a hard ass, mr unfuckupable
>>
>>997327
A better idea is to set up firecrackers with a remote trigger (like a model rocket launching system). Press button when they start egging. Laugh while they shit their pants and struggle to run away. That's when you release the bees you have hidden in the ground with sod on top of their subterranean hives.
>>
>>997334
Bullshit, or your dads an entitled psychopath.
>>
>>997336

This is a fantasy.

Just set up cameras to figure out who it is. Print out stills of the feed and put them in the mailbox of every person in the neighborhood. Someone will know who it is.
>>
>>997336
"Release the bees"
Kek
>>
File: Trythisathomekids.png (4 MB, 1664x1248) Image search: [Google]
Trythisathomekids.png
4 MB, 1664x1248
>>997341
>this is a fantasy

no.. old school lightbulbs, a little bit of BP. some switches, a car battery, electrical tape, and your firecrackers. and you've got yourself insta light fireworks...
>>
Egg the rest of the neighborhood. Make it everyone's problem and it'll get solved
>>
>>997336
>ground bees
But what if they have lawnmowers
>>
>>997334
Of all the things that never happened, that one never happened the most.
You forgot to add 'and then the entire neighborhood came out and clapped.'
>>
File: washer.png (243 KB, 1242x835) Image search: [Google]
washer.png
243 KB, 1242x835
Suggestion 1: Get some of those motion sensor lights. They are about $20 each for some El Cheapo brand. Get them no matter you decide to do. People are braver in the night so take that away. Then I will have to follow suit with everyone else and suggest you get some cameras. Get enough lights and you won't have to shell out for night vision (still a good option if you can afford it however). Please make sure you buy cameras in at least 720p and 30 frames per second. You don't want the bastards looking like 1970's Bigfoot photos lol.

Suggestion 2: Think Window washer unit for your car; Tank, sump pump, hose, and sprayer head. Kits are pretty cheap from an auto parts store. If you build your own then you want to look for "Head Pressure" more than flow rate in your pumps. You can buy just the sensor for the motion sensor lights. You're on DIY so you see where this is going. I would add either some bleach to ruin those $200 Nike shoes teens like to wear or add some deer piss.

Suggestion 3: Put up some No Trespassing signs. Dig a hole about a foot deep. Save the top sod. Use tent stakes to stake down some burlap across the hole. Place sod over burlap and water it. Grass will grow for awhile like this and be invisible at night. Hope one of the bastards at least sprains their ankle on the hole. Be warned that you may have to hire a lawyer still. There are accounts of kids going into their neighbors pool, drowning, and being sued by the parents. I do not condone this but you are free to make your own decisions.
>>
>>997410
Your ground bees will be ground bees
>>
>>997171
Set up video cameras, send videos of the perps tot he cops. Let them deal with it.
>>
why would you get egged anyway?
>>
Have had the same problem as OP for about 3 months. Installed lights and cameras, kids walked up and put electrical tape over cameras. Got pictures of the kids, turned the pics over to police....police haven't done shut and keep getting egged as well as neighbors.
>>
just catch the little cunts and give them a beating.
>>
>>997327
>They probably won't even come out to do a report, much less actually investigate.

Its repeated vandalism, police will come and you file a report. Its not about the police investigating, its about creating a paper trail for when you do figure out who it is.
>>
Hey op post your house number and street name.
>>
It's illegal to entrap, intentionally (or by negligence) harm any intruders on your property. Even the safety of burglars are technically your responsibility.
>>
>>997171

Don't give up on the police, keep documenting every single aspect of the egging, time, place, pictures of the results of egging, etc.

Get a security camera, it should be able to capture clear high res footage at night anyways in order to function.

Camera watches perps who are egging your house.

Document all of that along with footage. Send package of crap you have there to the police.

They go to jail, are fined, forced to pay for you damages, criminal record, you face no repercussions, profit.

All while probably being cheaper and having far better outcomes than the booby trap vigilantism which could end up with you in prison for hurting some "poor boy about to turn his life around".
>>
>>997625

If those police fail to do anything about it and you have a strong case, bring it to whoever will hold the police accountable.
>>
Motion sensor lawn sprinkler, the kind that you use to scare off deer. Fill hose with dye.
>>
>>997171
alright op here's what you do

>buy sulfur (fertilizer), methanol (for cars), and alumina sand blasting medium (for sand blasting) from the hardware store
>in a steel can melt some sulfur sulfur (be careful to not ignite it tho)
>pour the sulfur onto some aluminum scrap on a stone
>quickly put a bowl over the resulting aluminum sulfide
>take care to make sure that little or no air can get in
>prepare a mechanism to pour methanol and water (about a 50/50 mix) on the aluminum sulfide

this will produce methanethiol
detectable to the human nose at 1 ppb
><>THIS STUFF IS TOXIC
so be careful
permissible exposure limit: 10 ppm (~12mg per cubic meter)
recommended exposure limit: 0.5 ppm (~0.6mg per cubic meter)
immediate danger: 150 ppm (~180mg per cubic meter)

id keep it below the permissible exposure limit assuming that it stays within 2 meters of the surface of my yard (yard area in square meters * 2 * 12mg) so if your yard is 30 meters by 30 meters i would make no more than 21.6 grams

i would use ~5 grams of sulfur regardless tho
>>
>>997637
EDIT
median lethal dose 2 hours of exposure: 3.3 ppm
so that throws things off
use less than 1 gram of sulfur
>>
>>997258
>top hinged doors
Holy shit
>>
>>997171
>paintball gun
>stay up late at night on your roof
>wait for kids to come
>shoot them with paintball gun in the face

or better yet do it from a neighbors house and they will never know it was you.
>>
>>997272
>kill them in egg related ways

Top kek
>>
>>997637
What is this supposed to make?
>>
>>997728
>this will produce methanethiol
It is used to make propane etc. stink.
Anon's recipe sounds like some non-working bullshit from the Anarchist cookbook, though.
>>
>>997725
>>kill them in egg related ways

this has been around for years and is known among underworlders as the old shell game
>>
File: 1463465993292.png (79 KB, 478x351) Image search: [Google]
1463465993292.png
79 KB, 478x351
>>997258
>>
>>997171
>buy paintball gun
>wait in the shadows
>blast some faggots
>>
File: this is the nice.gif (2 MB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
this is the nice.gif
2 MB, 250x369
>>997326
This is nice
>>
>>997627
This. You need a paper trail and evidence so they don't claim you went bananas out of the blue when you release the bees to kill them in an egg related way.
>>
In the USA, it is illegal to have any sort of automatic trap set up, for the specific purpose of using against humans.

Now if the trap requires some sort of human interaction to work against a human target. Then that is ok.
>>
>>997336
NOT THE BEES
>>
>>997315
>caring if people are summerfagging or not

>can't even literate sea

get >>>/out/
>>
>>997402
yeah, getting your entire neighborhood pissed off at you for egging their shit sounds like a brilliant plan.

>>997509
Okay, so I'm egging at night, ground bees stay in the ground at night.

I can just throw eggs from the road and run away/bike away quickly.

>>997595
Yep, the more they have the better the chance of a successful conviction
>>
File: PICT0002.jpg (2 MB, 3968x2976) Image search: [Google]
PICT0002.jpg
2 MB, 3968x2976
>>997171
I am sure you can work out something else to mount on it that provides a better "effect on target"
>>
Make something like the anti-graffiti wall in Naked Gun but with eggs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqIHlnfGKV0
>>
>>997334
You need to watch less Clint Eastwood films, son.
>>
>>998323
how about against animals?
>>
File: 1434668693536-v.jpg (121 KB, 529x359) Image search: [Google]
1434668693536-v.jpg
121 KB, 529x359
>>997509
>>
>>997171
>Setup a camera that can record at night.
>Take tape to police.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-18-40-44.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-18-40-44.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>
>>997611
Citation please, or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>999394
Rent a few tennis ball machines, fill with eggs, hide them in the bushes and hook up the power to a motion sensor
>>
>>999394
He's right, you know.
>>
>>999394
http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=1898372709114585666&q=shotgun+trap&hl=en&as_sdt=2%2C48

"The value of human life and limb, not only to the individual concerned but also to society, so outweighs the interest of a possessor of land in excluding from it those whom he is not willing to admit thereto that a possessor of land has, as is stated in ยง 79, no privilege to use force intended or likely to cause death or serious harm against another whom the possessor sees about to enter his premises or meddle with his chattel, unless the intrusion threatens death or serious bodily harm to the occupiers or users of the premises.

...A possessor of land cannot do indirectly and by a mechanical device that which, were he present, he could not do immediately and in person. Therefore, he cannot gain a privilege to install, for the purpose of protecting his land from intrusions harmless to the lives and limbs of the occupiers or users of it, a mechanical device whose only purpose is to inflict death or serious harm upon such as may intrude, by giving notice of his intention to inflict, by mechanical means and indirectly, harm which he could not, even after request, inflict directly were he present."
>>
>>1001224
>which he can not do immediatly in person
I can sit in a bush all day with a gun pointed at the same spot
>automated turrets here we come!
>>
>>997611
Castle Doctrine says otherwise :)
>>
>>1001591
>Castle Doctrine
Has nothing to do with booby traps.
>>
The painball gun has been the best idea so far.
Dont use it at your house, but follow them for a while and the suprise them.(dont get caught)
Or find out where they live and fuck up their houses one by one.
-break windows with rocks
-molotov the front lawn
-make a hundred pizza orders from all the local restaurants
-steal/kill their pets

Next time you see them near your house, get out with an axe or a realistic airsoft gun and check if they already think you're batshit crazy
-> They should be running
>>
The irony is strong here. Internet rules apply offline here.

Do not feed the trolls. Stop giving shits about the egging and boredom will become imminent. Some other poor can't will become more interesting.

Always the grey man be, anon.
>>
>>1001898
>kill their peta
Spot and Ms Kitty didn't egg his fucking house what the fuck
>>
>>1001975
Anyone donating to PETA deserves punishment.
>>
>>1002074
That is the most appropriate typo I've ever made.
>>
Put mace in your sprinkler system and wait for them to egg your house and turn that bitch on
>>
>>1001941
>Stop caring about egging
Lel
>>
>>1001941
>"stop giving shits about egging"
>strange phrases
britfag confirmed
Maybe if the refugee in your house didn't take yours, you would have a car and realize that eggs can start corroding the paint in a few days, and it's incredibly hard to wash off once it dries even slightly.
>>
>>997258
My sides got enough of a workout for the next month

Don't need /fit/ no mo
>>
>>997611
You're only kind of right. These booby traps, like having lethal ones in your home for invaders, CAN make you susceptible to litigation but if you play dumb the entire time and can prove they were illegally on your property you shouldn't have to pay out though usually the prospect and cost of litigation usually isn't worth it.
Example: the sod-covered hole or rigged fireworks makes one of the bastards hurt themselves and you find yourself talking to a cop.
>Cop: Yeah we got a complaint that you trapped your yard to keep this kid from egging it (it'll be hard to explain why the kid was there without admitting it)"
>you: what? I was just about to plant a tree or my car backfired, but that's interesting that they were vandalizing my property. I'd like to press charges.
Say the same to the civil judge. They can't prove you intentionally trapped your place if you're not an idiot.
>>
>>997272
Hidden cameras tend to suck ass. There's no point in watching what they did if you can't ID them. A decent DVR and HD cameras with ir illumination is going to be in the thousands and would have to be purchased through a dealer (like me, for example).

OP needs to get a good dog if he really wants to catch these fuckers.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.