[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, I bought a used Sega Genesis but Ron vutpakdi engraved
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160513_102011~01.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160513_102011~01.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1440
Hey /diy/, I bought a used Sega Genesis but Ron vutpakdi engraved his name on it. i want to remove it

Someone said to rub black crayon on it then wax it, but what kind of wax? How?

Anyone else have any ideas?
>>
>>993602
clearly find ron, and try to sell his childhood segas genesis back to him? its the only answer.
>>
>>993604
But he sold it to goodwill himself.
>>
>>993602
crayons are wax, so maybe they meant to put some on and melt? No idea...
>>
high grit wet/dry sandpaper
>>
>>993609
>crayons are wax, so maybe they meant to put some on and melt? No idea...

Kind of!

Rub with crayon, get into all the cracks
rub off so its flat on the surface
pour candle wax over, allow to melt
remove candle wax

if you're lucky, the melted crayon will stay in exactly the encraved gaps while the candle wax peels off the top, leaving a shiny unmarked surface.

if you're unlucky, it'll all come off in a single huge mess and you'll have to try again.

i find it works best if you drip the wax from up high, such that it is almost solid again by the time it hits the surface. will still be warm enough to melt the crayon and form a layer on top.
>>
>>993612
Damn, I'll try that actually. Thanks anon.
>>
>>993614
good luck!
post pics if it does (or doesn't, I guess; this is /diy/ after all)
>>
>>993615
Yeah, prolly won't try it today, but I'll post my adventure when I do.
>>
give it back tyrold
>>
>>993602
Three words: Fiberglass Abrasive Pens. Shit works like magic, just rub it and it'll come right out.
>>
>>993633
But it has a texture to it, wouldn't that make it smooth?
>>
>>993602
Mr Clean magic eraser, be careful with it, shit is too strong.
>>
>>993657
How exactly do you expect to erase something that isn't there?
>>
>>993675
That's where the magic comes into play.
>>
>>993675
It's a light abrasive, it could knock down the bur from the engraving and possibly fill in the gap and sand in smooth.

... It wouldn't match the other finish though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.