[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /diy/ make it smaller? >I say folded design no matter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Zero_1_of_5_1024x1024.jpg (237 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Zero_1_of_5_1024x1024.jpg
237 KB, 1024x1024
Can /diy/ make it smaller?

>I say folded design no matter if the price goes up a bit. No HAT either (maybe as an optional adapter, maybe).
>>
If it could be made smaller it would have been already.
>>
>>992834
Most likely, considering the pin header connector is one of the main things setting the current PCB size.
What's the point of this question, though?
>>
Someone already has: https://imgur.com/a/J0P5n

You can get rid of some of the stuff on the board. Alternatively you could buy a CHIP (seen in /iot/ OP) which is smaller to begin with...
>>
What she said.
>>
>>992838
It's supposed to be cheap, small is more of a bonus than the driving principle of these things.

>>992842
My niece asked me if I could turn her toy camera into a real camera, but it was too small for a Pi to fit, even this one (it's a really small camera). I'm just wondering if the Zero can be smaller, I'll figure something out for her later.

>>992843
Oh man I got wet. I know there's probably something else I could use, and I will use, I'm just talking about this little guy, I can see it being smaller if you pack it in three layers with the connectors in the middle.
>>
>>992834
Where the fuck is this thing not OUT OF STOCK !
>>
>>992834
getting rid of the usb ports and ethernet was the most stupid thing they could do.

>inb4 it still has usb
usb micro sucks ass. its not reliable, all it does is break and fall out.
>>
File: 1412561456_store.vocore.jpg (40 KB, 488x279) Image search: [Google]
1412561456_store.vocore.jpg
40 KB, 488x279
See: VoCore.
But just use a PoP with 1GB of ram instead. Not some router chip, no matter how cute they are.
>>
File: wiki.face_.jpg (61 KB, 575x402) Image search: [Google]
wiki.face_.jpg
61 KB, 575x402
>>994627
More VoCore because it a QT.
>>
>>992843
CHIP is actually a little bigger than the Zero.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.