[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is this bit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160510_192821_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_192821_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 3456x4608
i tried to post this in reddit but i discovered reddit is the biggest pile of wank

i found a screwdriver in my grandparents cellar, ive had it for years and its my favorite though i have no idea what the bit is, would be nice to be able to use it more as i make quite a lot of things, to be clear i mean the bit that isnt the phillips bit, as in is there a universal name for this?
http://imgur.com/a/AKJhV
>>
>>991502
you need a fucking clear picture not this shaking bullshit
>>
Any markings on the screwdriver itself?
>>
>>991502
Try not having parkinsons first.
>>
>>991505
soz yeah camera is in HDR mode and it turned out wank
>>
File: IMG_20160510_205809.jpg (2 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160510_205809.jpg
2 MB, 3456x4608
There
>>
File: JapanScrewDriverA1op.jpg (157 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
JapanScrewDriverA1op.jpg
157 KB, 1000x750
>>991502
Not sure of the name of the type of bit it is BUT

It's a pretty generic quick-change bit, usually find them in manufacturer-supplied toolkits with motorcycles and cars etc that just slot into a plastic handle

pic related, a Kawazaki one, Suzuki etc are practically the same also
>>
>>991502
it's literally just the shank without the handle
maybe the handle broke, maybe someone bought the shank without the handle in order to make one for it which is possible.

>>991514
i used to have one like this passed down but i haven't ever seen one in the wild so to speak.
>>
>>991517
I do have the handle, its a very nice rachet ergonomic handle
>>
>>991514
Yeah that's what i thought but can't seem to find any
>>
>>991585
I've got a screwdriver that takes bits like that that was on sale for 2$ at the parking lot sale at horror freight. It's actually decent quality too. I think the regular price was around 5$. Just keep an eye on their website for when they're doing the mega sales.
>>
X-celite screwdriver bit.
>>
>>991517
>it's literally just the shank without the handle
So, it would be of value in a prison riot?
>>
>>991514
I've got a really old motorcycle tool kit where the screwdriver handle doubles as a box spanner/wrench, it's great because you can get another wrench on it to provide a huge amount of torque, I've yet to run into the screw that can stand up to it!
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x273
>>993344
Yeah I was thinking it looked like a really old Xcelite Series 99 blade.
>>
>>991502
I've got a set of these they come with a handle and a few bits. you put the end into a handle.
>>
>>993782
I have that exact set
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.