[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-10-30-24.png (852 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-10-30-24.png
852 KB, 720x1280
So this is out of plasticine, what should i do now?
>>
>>991444
Throw it away
>>
You cant do anything with it, plasticine is pretty useless unless your sketching or practicing I don now
>>
>>991578
You could make a silicone mold of it. Unless silicone reacts badly to plasticine?
>>
well did you make it for any reason?

It can still be molded with silicone or plaster, Just the clean up from the mold process can be messy as hell
>>
>>991580
if that clay contains sulfur , it'll inhibit the silicone from curing
>>
>>991584
Quick internet search brings up plasticine is composed of calcium salts (principally calcium carbonate), petroleum jelly, and long-chain aliphatic acids (principally stearic acid).

But who knows what OP is actually using, since Plasticine is a brand, could be anything really.
>>
>>991444
make a mold out of concrete and pour molten aluminum in it.
>>
>>991580
>Silicone
Or plaster, or fiberglass
>>
File: Zealot_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg (62 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Zealot_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg
62 KB, 600x600
>>991444

give your life for aiur
>>
Paper mâchè if you're poor
>>
Use clay next time, air dry or bake.
Much cheaper than plasticine and you can actually mould it.
But you can try and put plaster bandages on it,
Two parts , front than vaseline the edge and do the inside when drie.
Take it off , vaseline it tape the twi parts tigether and fill it up with plaster or anything you want like plastic or foams.
Wait unmould it and there you go!

No need for silicone here this mask is not suoer detailed, plaster will do very good.
>>
Alright I have another idea instead if moulding it.
Put the entire mask into a bucket full off plaster but make sure you have a channel coming from the mask thats not submerged into the plaster.

Dip in and out untill you have an outer shell, doesnt have to be super thick.

Then put it in the bucket with the channel out. Let it dry.

Put it upside down in the oven at 70 degrees celsius. With a pan to catch the plasticine.

If its all melted out, pour plastic into it and tap it an stick it to get the bubbles out.
Wait untill dry and let it soak in (warm) water to dissolve the plaster.
Enjoy.
This is a very professiinal methid used for wax moulding and it should work. Plaster is cheap so dont worry.

Most important here is to make a decent channel and TO FIRST DIP COAT YOUR MASK
>>
You can also make just a thick strong coat of plaster . Doesnt matter.
Slowly heat up you oven too to prevent cracks
>>
Use "lost wax casting" if you want it made from metal. Make silicone molds if you want it from other materials.
>>
>>991836
>Alright I have another idea instead if moulding it.
>making a plaster mould

Uhh ok...
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.