[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, so I was tasked with fixing this trimmer, but I have no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: IMAG0184.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0184.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Hey, so I was tasked with fixing this trimmer, but I have no clue how to at all. The primer bulb is squeaking every time I press it, so I think that it is not getting any fuel.
The person who told me to fix it said that it was because that wire with the spring at the end is loose. Neither of us know anything about it.
>>
File: IMAG0185.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0185.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
>>990953
Should I just try to replace the primer bulb? It squeaks and there is bubbles, but nothing actually comes up.
>>
>>990956
The primer bulb wouldn't stop it from running.
>>
>>990958
Ok, but it sounds kind of like it's not getting any gas.
>>
Unless the bulb is damaged or degraded there is no reason to replace it.

The fuel pickup could be clogged. They tend to have screens/filters on them.

Or some where further upstream in the carb could be clogged too. Fuel won't go in somewhere the air can't be displaced.

First change fuel pickup and rebuild the carb and then you can see. If you want you can pull apart the carb and clean it first (30mins) before you set out looking for a new pickup.
>>
>>990962
Then start with the fuel line and carburetor.
>>
>>990956
I can tell you right now that the fuel line is a piece of shit, 99% of the time these things stop running is because one of the lines decided to crack.
Start by replacing both the feeder and return lines for the fuel
>>
>>990956
That's just a vent tube. You have a cracked/clogged supply or return line. I fixed a trimmer that refused to start by draining off some fuel. Idiot filled the tank to the top and the primer couldn't pull fuel because the return was under the gas level.
>>
>>990953
Fuel filter, fuel line, primer bulb, spark plug.

I deal with this crap daily, and the combo of shit modern fuel and cheap materials leads to the quartet of replacement.

If after these four components are replaced, and it still won't fire, the alcohol in the fuel has fucked the carb. Find a Stens catalog and hope they carry a gasket kit.
>>
Ok, we got it working. That loose wire with the spring was suppose to be hooked up to the primer bulb.
>>990978
The wire that popped out was a part of the fuel line, thanks for the help, guys.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.