[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_6709.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6709.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do I fix this
>>
>>990569
By paying your landlord, probably from your security deposit.
>>
>>990571
I need answers not keks
>>
Remove the molding, remove the corner bead, scrape off the existing mud, replace the corner bead, mud, prime, paint, reattach the molding.
>>
>>990573
This.
>>
>>990573
>mud

Hate to sound like a pretentious cunts but the term mud is so Americanised and simple.

There are several types of plaster. Or 'mud' if you're a simple cunt.

In this case there is probably a slim chance of repairing your wall paper which could be confused for lincrusta or textured paper with many years of paint coats.

Depending on how you caused this. If rented leave it to your land lord. If it's your fault get someone who can match texture but it won't be cheap.

An easy work out would be break all the shit our and use easy fill plaster repair or something that's a smooth fill plaster. Square it off as best you can. Sand smooth and paint. But you won't match the textured paper.
>>
>>990583
>>990573
Thank you
>>
>>990583
Don't lie. You enjoy being a pretentious cunt.
>>
Rip out the metal, use no-coat.
>>
>>990583
>But you won't match the textured paper.
Why does this phrase keep coming up? I can't tell you how many times I've repaired holes in walls and jacked up corners like OPs pic and have matched he texture so well that you can't find the repair after painting the wall. The trick is to sand the spackle or mud or whatever you use so that it sits shy of the rest of the wall. Grab your can of spray texture and feather the spray out. Sand the texture to match the rest of the wall.
>>
>>990670
You're right, I do.
>>
>>990569
nail down the metal corner piece.

remove any easy to remove plaster.

buy patch and paint
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Phenopatch-8-oz-Premium-Grade-Patch-N-Paint-Lightweight-Spackling-01602/100211455

fill in the voids using a spatula.

let dry sand and repeat.

paint.
>>
>>990583
>Or 'mud' if you're a simple cunt.

Interesting.
Who would have thought a lowly laborer would be so prissy about his craft.
>>
>>990583
As an American I've never heard it called anything but plaster, but it's ok to ignore me if you still want to retain that feeling of superiority to the greatest country on Earth.
>>
*drywall joint compound

Don't remove the corner angle, just lower the high spots and add compound until it's square again. Then use the spray can texture from above and paint to match.
>>
>>990569
rip all the nasty ass wallpaper and give your walls a decent finish.
>>
You use that shit for? I need know the finality. This is a bed part?
>>
>>992295
It's boomer slang it isn't used all that much anymore where trade schools exist

As long as their pappy wasn't the one teaching them their awful boomer slang, they'll call it plaster if they're mexican they'll call it bondo
>>
>>990583
mud is not plaster. mud is drywall joint compound
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.