[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phone self-repair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: htc one m8.jpg (5 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
htc one m8.jpg
5 KB, 284x177
Hey guys.

So my HTC One M8 no longer charges due to a faulty charging slot. I'm trying to replace it, bought all the tools necessary, but apparently I need to take out the sim card and SD card holders first. This requires sticking a pin into the hole near it, which can be seen from the picture.

Unfortunately, the sim card hole is damaged and therefore the metal near it covers it up. It's impossible to access. How do I fix my phone if I can't get my sim card out?

If someone can help I'd be extremely grateful. Already cut myself trying to pry the damn thing out, so definitely not going well so far.
>>
Can you take a picture of what it looks like at the moment? Having some trouble understanding what is covered by what. Did you bust the phone up so bad the hole is covered or is the tray warped?
>>
>>990293
I'd take a picture, but my phone is dead atm, as it is usually nowadays. The phone is so busted up that the hole is covered up, yeah.
>>
>>990293
The tray is fine, it's just the hole by it that is messed up.
>>
>>990292
I just googled a teardown video. I'm confused to your problem here.. maybe take a screenshot from a tear down video and post it here to point at what you're talking about.
>>
>>990299
On the pic in the OP, you can see a hole to the immediate right of that SD card slot. The hole is to the immediate left of that black band going around the phone.

I dropped my phone a lot without a case, so what happened is the metal around the hole got smashed, and now the hole is no longer a hole but is covered my metal.

Sorry if I'm not describing this well enough. Tomorrow I should be able to upload a picture of the phone itself if you need it.
>>
>>990292
Can you take the back cover off? It might improve access to the hole and the SD slot..
>>
Use something with a sharp point (icepick) to make the hole round again.
>>
Htc fag here I'm on one right now actually just get something longer for the sims tray slot and push down when you put it into the hole then you should be able to get it out
>>
>>990297
You could try to drill it open, just make sure you align your drill properly and don't go deeper then you absolutely have too, then use a pin to release the tray
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.