[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question, is my toilet float supposed to be sealed onto
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (570 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
570 KB, 3264x2448
Quick question, is my toilet float supposed to be sealed onto the tank or is it supposed to come off?
If so then the valve nut is fucked but I can stop the leak by gently holding it in place.

Also, do I buy a seal or use glue

Ty
>>
Bump,

Alright well I checked my other toilet and the float is stuck on so I think I found the culprit

I feel like glue is the bad choice but is there waterproof glue or something?
>>
>>989610
Replace the seal. It will be cheaper than a tube of glue.
>>
wat? zoom out to give a proper view

the "float" should obviously, float...when it's flushed, the lever pulls the chain, which lifts the flapper, when water lowers it triggers the fill valve to fill the tank, the float then goes up and closes the fill valve, the flapper sits back down and stops water from leaving the tank

if the fill assembly is broken, just replace the whole thing, a kit is <$20
>>
>>989612
Thanks. If I can't find the right size of seal for some reason, what glue would even work for something like this
>>
>>989614
Nonono not like the floaty bauble thing, the collumn that is connected to your water line.
>>
>>989616
the "column" is the fill valve, about $7 to replace
>>
>>989617
Ok youre right

Its the fill tube part and it works perfectly, but I need a way to seal it back to the porcelain. How does one normally install one, is adhesion used at all or is it just the rubber seal?
>>
>>989622
so only the nut broke? there is no glue as the tank isn't under any pressure, just the rubber ring and the plastic nut turned finger tight

I don't know why someone wouldn't simply replace it, it's an inexpensive piece for something you use every day, and when it does eventually need replacing, it's going to be a PITA to get off if glued....that being said, you could possibly glue it on with epoxy/jb weld (they make special products for under water, though they're probably close to the price of a new valve)
>>
>>989630
The nut didnt break, just like the long pillar part. The collumn has a metal pipe that seemed to fit snug with the nut, but the nut could be broken too. I think just using a tight seal and screwing it back tight might do it
>>
>>989635
well, try and see

it's possible it just got loose
>>
>>989630
>you could possibly glue it on

Using any kind of glue on toilet parts is just plain stupid.
>>
>>989849
which is why I said to replace it
>>
Either it's the half box of wine I've had or this thread is a mess. Either way, ,wut?
>>
>>989955
OP has a toilet leak

from what I got the fill valve screw stem it not tight to the tank

I suggested OP just replace it since it's a cheap part for something people typically use every day

OP still wanted(s) to glue it somehow instead
>>
>>989635
If the pillar is broken, that means your fill valve is broken. Are you retarded OP? Post more pictures so someone who knows what they're doing can actually see what's wrong.

Water weld is gonna cost you 10$, a fill valve is more like 7-10. and if you water weld that in place next time you go in there to fix something, it's gonna be a fucking mess.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.