[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup diy, a car passed over my long board is there a way to fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: WIN_20160505_19_13_44_Pro.jpg (203 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160505_19_13_44_Pro.jpg
203 KB, 1280x720
sup diy, a car passed over my long board is there a way to fix it?
>>
File: WIN_20160505_19_14_03_Pro.jpg (199 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160505_19_14_03_Pro.jpg
199 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: WIN_20160505_19_13_53_Pro.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160505_19_13_53_Pro.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
>>
I guess you could reposition it back together and throw on 2 or 3 steel plates that hold it together. Fasten them with screws or nuts and bolts plus loctite. It would likely be use able. But you're not gonna get it to be exactly what it was before.
>>
>>989169
fuuuuck anon, sorry about your deck

if you don't care about maintaining the spring or weight symmetry, put a couple thin wood block on each side of that crack (top and bottom) and drill through. Can also be done with a sheet composite like fiberglass or CF
>>
>>989174
Steel plate and screws is the only thing that will fix it.
>>
>>989169

Car: 1
Long Board: 0

haha fucker
>>
File: dr-ryan-allan.png (545 KB, 851x564) Image search: [Google]
dr-ryan-allan.png
545 KB, 851x564
no
buy a real skateboard
>>
>>989176
>if you don't care about maintaining the spring or weight symmetry
He didn't care about leaving his damned board where a car would pass over it, so yeah.
>>
Just buy a skateboard.
>>
You could fix it but it would end up shorter.

Cut the bad bit out and cut in dove tails. Glue.
>>
File: 1451834943629.gif (2 MB, 370x319) Image search: [Google]
1451834943629.gif
2 MB, 370x319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWJoPuNBvYw

I'd call you a faggot lame and tell you to get a real board, but the skate community is filled with those fake sb nike wearing fuckboy modern faglords. This video is just about your only hope until you can get a new board...making your own longboard could be your next project...it's actually not too hard.

Don't listen to skateboarders who are twats, this should be a viable option.
Sorry about your board bro
>>
There seems to be some intact parts of the laminate left holding it together. If you are somewhat familiar working with composites you could sand away the broken laminates on each side and put on fiberglass to patch it up.

You would probably want to cure it under pressure to get an acceptable bonding with the board, and maybe use some unidirectional carbon rowing to depending on how springy you went it.

Problem is, it's probably cheaper to get at new board if you don't already have a lot of the supplies for working with composites. And if you buy them anyway you probably just want to make a whole new board.
>>
>>989527
I agree. This. If you don't already have the mats then go with a new board. I would recommend building a collection of tools and mats.
>>
>>989523
>dat bit and brace
Monica
>>
>>989169

no, but salvage the wheels and shit
>>
Trace a short board over it and cut it out a drill new holes for the trucks
>>
>>989451
But that's a different sport. It's like saying "hey my car is broken", and then "get a real parachute"
>>
Are you autistic? Why would you want to repair that?
>>
File: 20160426_093256-1.jpg (1 MB, 2478x2018) Image search: [Google]
20160426_093256-1.jpg
1 MB, 2478x2018
>>989708
In this case I don't think it really matters. That's a free ride board, and
Unless they are really new, those wheels aren't coned at all. so it doesn't look like he is actually trying to progress, just using it for transportation. So getting a skateboard isn't a terrible idea, just get a pool board because it's easy to bomb hills on and it's easy to handle in the city or a skate park. Pic related is my collection, just spent about 110$ for a couple new wheelsets. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>989451
>>989472
these

just an fyi we're all laughing at you as you mongo push from class to class
>>
>>989169
>strip grip tape as best you can
>clamp the board at the wound to make it conform to it's original shape
>epoxy the entire board except a tiny space around the clamp - let dry
>remove clamp and apply layers of epoxy where the clamp was until even with the rest of the deck
>reapply new grip tape
>if anyone asks about the uneven epoxy, tell them the story of frankenboard
You can rebuild him. You have the technology.
>>
>>989169
You have to be 18+ to post here
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.