[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I say it's mold, my dad disagrees, I tried scrubbing, wtf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I say it's mold, my dad disagrees, I tried scrubbing, wtf do I do? I want to clean out and paint that room but what do I do about this back wall?
>>
Pic went sideways for no reason.
>>
>>987637
>dad disagrees
lolwut?
ok, if its not mold what is it?
>>
>>987637
It's mold
There is water leaking in
>Find out, where it's coming from
>Make sure it stops coming in
>Dry the wall completely, for example with a big hot air blower
>remove old plaster and add new
>>
>>987645
Ty senpai
>>
>>987642
He's just frightened of spending money lol.
>>
>>987645
My dad inhabited the room before, I'm going to see if I can find the source of the leak but could it be possible that my dad constantly running multiple humidifiers in the room has anything to do with it?
>>
>>987637
It is black mold. Don't fuck around with it.

http://blackmold.awardspace.com/black-mold-cleanup-removal.html
http://www.hgtv.com/remodel/interior-remodel/how-to-remove-black-mold

>>987651
Yes, high humidity can cause the mold to grow on every surface. This happens where I live in houses that are open to the air in the summer without and AC. I had to get a AC unit and use it during the highest times of humidity in order to prevent mold growth on literally everything.
>>
>>987652
I've been literally telling my father this shit for fucking years man. I needed someone to prove it thank you.
>>
>>987651
if it's an outside wall and furniture stood close to the wall that can also be the problem
always leave space for air to circulate
>>
Yeah it can cause some deep shit
>>
>>987652
lived in my parents house for 5 years when i was a teenager, worst health of my life.

Move out, almost instantly feel 3x better in every physical facet of life.

parents had a huge blackmold problem in the basement
>>
>>987637
There's a slight chance your dad is an idiot. Proceed with your plan.
>>
>>987808
so you were a basement dweller?
>>
>>987637
Mold as fuck m8. Your options are either to fix the leak and replace the rotting wood and drywall, or let it continue to eat your house until it falls apart on you.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.