[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/, I'm about to go to my local creek and catch some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: zYAoJjpO.jpg (286 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
zYAoJjpO.jpg
286 KB, 2048x1152
Sup /diy/, I'm about to go to my local creek and catch some Northwest Pacific TreeFrog Tadpoles, and this is my setup so far
>10 Gallon tank with mesh top (2 currently but I'll add more water later)
>3 inches of soil and gravel from the creek
>Some local aquatic plants from said creek
>A Branch
>An artificial rock platform
>A few dead leaves
>A "Tetra Whisper 2-10i" water filter
>5.5' Heat lamp
>and Zoo Med Aquatic Frog and Tadpole food

Any Advice before I go get them?
>>
>>987457
>Northwest Pacific

AYE, You /Washington/?
>>
>>987461
AYYY /olympia/ here m8
>>
>>987462
Because only an Evergreen retread would phrase it "Northwest Pacific", instead of "Pacific Northwest"
>>
>>987457
Probably an under-gravel filter + pump would be a good idea as it keeps the water clean and oxygenated. They'd probably be ok in relatively stagnant water, but it'll smell like arse and get generally nasty.
>>
>>987462
/Anacortes/ reporting in
>>
>>987465
But their name is the Pacific Tree Frog. He was wrong though in that the subspecies name is actually "Northern Pacific Tree Frog" not Northwest Pacific Tree Frog
>>
I'm from the PNW and I would just call it a tree frog.
>>
>>987466
Thank you for the advice anon! Another anon mentioned a sponge filter, would that work?

Also thank you for being the only sane person who ACTUALLY GIVES ADVICE

P.S. I'm in actually in CA, you pacific hipster fucks are crazy
>>
One more thing
>>987474
here
>>987472
This guy actually knew my mistake thank you
>>
>>987474
Sponge filters work pretty well, but they're kind of ugly and you've got to get in there every 2 months or so, clean out the crap and stuff.
Undergravel is generally pretty easy to live with as you put down a layer of coarse sand, then heavier gravel on top of it and then it just has its own little ecosystem down there, then clean the whole lot out about once every 6 months or so with a good hosing out.
The power-filter you thought of is generally too much gun for a small tank and the undergravel + simple diaphragm type pump is really cheap, quiet and would simulate a pond type of setting a bit better. Don't get me wrong- they're quite good at moving lots of water and do the job.

Just make sure the edges of your tank are really secure around where the hoses go in, frogs will get out of damn near anything their head will fit through, they're like mice.
>>
>>987478
Thanks! I'll take note of that
>>
>>987457
Be sure to check the legality of your project beforehand.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.