[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone done a DIY tattoo? If you have share experiences and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (605 KB, 2446x2057) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
605 KB, 2446x2057
Has anyone done a DIY tattoo? If you have share experiences and pics thanks
>>
i did it in my parents bathroom as a teen with india ink and a sewing needle
it was 100% not safe but i didn't have any infections. however, it faded like mad so if you get it on the finger like in the op pic you're better off drawing it with a sharpie. I put my needles in boiling water for an hour and basically soaked them in rubbing alcohol to cool them down. I used piercing antiseptic for the aftercare.
>>
>>987252
Yep I've got one it's of a crab/spider.
>>
>>987330
pic of said crab spider.
>>
>>987333
Looks like shit. Should have gone to a real tattoo shop.
>>
>>987334
Yep.
>>
I did the biro and sewing needle deal on my leg when I was 15, I'm 23 now and I can't even tell where it used to be. Your mileage may vary.
>>
File: ohm.jpg (251 KB, 1200x677) Image search: [Google]
ohm.jpg
251 KB, 1200x677
>>987252
>>
>>987252
Nope, my body is a temple.
So I'm saving up to buy some quality furniture.
>>
>>987252
no i didn't go to jail
>>
I have two of them (one on my hip and one very close to my cooch) and i did them my hand. some people are really defensive when people call stick and pokes diy tattoos because some tattoo artists do it for a living, but whatever. what id say going into it is be prepared to do the tattoo, because its one thing if your at a parlor and theyre giving you one with a machine and you sorta have to do it to get your moneys worth, but when youre doing it yourself you might not have that much motivation to do it. A lot of people also recommend before actually wrapping the needle in thread that you sterilize it with a lighter and hen also use alcohol on it to disinfect it, but i find that if its a new needle you dont need to sterilize it, and usually even if the needle isnt completely new you can get away with just disinfecting it.

also, make sure you test the needle without ink on the part of your body were your planning on doing it, just so you can get a feel for how painful its going to be. do this in a couple diffrent areas around where you're doing it because the pain can fluctuate.
ill prob add to this if i think of more stuff
>>
I have two of them (one on my hip and one very close to my cooch) and i did them my hand. Some people are really defensive when people call stick and pokes diy tattoos because some tattoo artists do it for a living, but whatever. what id say going into it is be prepared to do the tattoo, because its one thing if your at a parlor and theyre giving you one with a machine and you sorta have to do it to get your moneys worth, but when youre doing it yourself you might not have that much motivation to do it. A lot of people also recommend before actually wrapping the needle in thread that you sterilize it with a lighter and hen also use alcohol on it to disinfect it, but i find that if its a new needle you dont need to sterilize it, and usually even if the needle isnt completely new you can get away with just disinfecting it.

also, make sure you test the needle without ink on the part of your body were your planning on doing it, just so you can get a feel for how painful its going to be. do this in a couple diffrent areas around where you're doing it because the pain can fluctuate.

ill prob add to this if i think of more stuff
>>
>>987440
>if its a new needle you dont need to sterilize it, and usually even if the needle isnt completely new you can get away with just disinfecting it.

Yeah, bloodborne pathogens aren't a big deal. Some HIV ridden Chinaman could have pricked his shit covered fingers on the needle, or any number of other cross contamination hazards, but you probably don't care about any of that if you're doing stick and poke tattoos.

OP, individually packaged and sanitized tattoo needles are very inexpensive. Two dollars or so per needle (and by extension per tattoo, never reuse them) is much cheaper than the hundreds you could potentially have to blow on a hospital visit--some of the more nasty things you can catch will stick with you for life.
Google "tattoo supply shop" and compare prices on them.

If you're serious about learning to tattoo on your own, that is an entirely attainable goal. Just don't cut corners when dealing with safety and sanitation.
If you prefer the simplicity of having it all in one kit, Hildebrandt offers a one that I would say is the bare minimum quality you'd want if you were going to tattoo a person with the equipment.
http://www.tattoomachineequipment.com/the-hildbrandt-starter-tattoo-kit-system
Cheaper kits on Amazon or ebay can contain very questionable materials, and companies higher end than Hildebrandt don't offer kits.
You will still need to buy a few things for skin prep (green soap and maybe a stencil transfering solution), and likely some aftercare products, but if you're serious about the hobby, it's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>987442
>...one very close to my cooch.

On /diy/? You wouldn't happen to be the tripfag Ellie, would you?
>>
File: 20160502_003316_HDR-2.jpg (777 KB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160502_003316_HDR-2.jpg
777 KB, 1836x2448
Diy tattoo "expert" here. Started poking ink in my skin at 12 and havent looked back. If you are dedicated enough to bypass your basic instincts and break your own skin, you'll never regert anythang. You'll also probably live a more fulfilling life than those who don't. These days i let other people do it for me, i grew out of sewing needles and model paint when i could legally have someone else do them.

>this isn't even the ugliest one i did on myself
>>
>>987509
Is that a tattoo of an infection?
>>
>>987383
What shithole uses E for voltage?
>>
>>987633
Nope. Never got infectef either. Shits like 10yo.
>>
>>987509
>no_ragrets.senpai
>>
>>987718
>not regretting even one letter?
>>
>>987639
The majority of the world uses multiple different symbols and letters more or less interchangeably, unless you're some backwards ass third worlder or self-taught shitty amateur.
>>
>>987639
physicists use it because V is something else.
hth.
>>
>>987639
>using "voltage"and not emf
>>
>>987639
chemists
>>
>>987383
how fucking stupid do you have to be not to know those equations?
>>
>>987333
Flying spaghetti monster
>>
File: PSX_20160508_133537.jpg (248 KB, 1343x1253) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160508_133537.jpg
248 KB, 1343x1253
Accidentally stabbed myself on my fingertip with a rotring tech pen 20 years ago.

No regrets.
>>
>>990356
once my classmate stabbed me with a pencil now i have same thing like you on my arm. it just doesnt vanish lolololol
>>
>>987509
>this post
>this thread
>>
>>988552
It's on the back of his calf. I seriously doubt he's got that in case he forgets.
>>
File: 1253463488721.jpg (90 KB, 645x608) Image search: [Google]
1253463488721.jpg
90 KB, 645x608
>>990402
>lolololol
>>
>>990402
Same here SENPAI
I got stabbed in my knee by my local tard and he fuckin broke the lead off in there

I tried to get it out once with a sewing needle when I was 11 but I just didn't have the balls to continue. Also it didn't matter that much its pretty much invisible
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.