[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /diy/ ! I want to sew my own swim diapers. Or buy material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: IPMMSDGHotPinkCabana.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
IPMMSDGHotPinkCabana.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
Hi /diy/ !
I want to sew my own swim diapers.

Or buy material and let them get custom-made somewhere.

What materials should I use?

WHat will be the cost, for buying materials and getting it sewn together?
>>
>>994282
What is this?
>>
>>994282
>I want to sew my own swim diapers.
Cool

>Or buy material and let them get custom-made somewhere.
This will be expensive. Probably about $30-50 per pair if you can find a novice to do it.

>What materials should I use?
Synthetic fabrics so they don't hold water.

>WHat will be the cost, for buying materials and getting it sewn together?

Materials, probably like $20-25 you're looking at less than a half yard of fabric for the inner and outer layer. Elastic for the legs and waist and buttons if you want them. Thread to sew it together. Cheaper if you get stuff on sale. This assumes you have a sewing machine. Again getting it done professionally will add $30-50.
>>
File: 24322342.jpg (299 KB, 1549x1600) Image search: [Google]
24322342.jpg
299 KB, 1549x1600
>>994298
What Materials do I need exactly?

I've only been once at a tailor,
only because of some holes in my jeans.

So, will I have to bring the materials with me?

For the size,
I guess I measure my body at home, right?
>>
>>994282
>>
>>994298
I would add that sewing something as fitted as a diaper is going to be challenging for a novice since any fitting errors or bad seams may result in leaks.

If you've never sewn anything before I suggest starting with a pillowcase.
>>
>>994308
> caring what other people think of you
> caring on 4chan
>>
File: 1455467911167.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1455467911167.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
>>994282
is this a sex thing?
>>
File: 4nX44_A7.jpg (18 KB, 401x401) Image search: [Google]
4nX44_A7.jpg
18 KB, 401x401
>>994326
>>
>>994309
Modern cloth diapers use elastics around the legs to form a seal, and usually some kind of fitting system like snaps or velcro for the waist.

This is almost definitely some kind of fetish shitposting thread, but there's tons of guides online for sewing this sort of thing for kids anyway. The best solution I've heard to this sort of thing is to take a disposable diaper that oyu know will fit you well, and use it as a pattern. Sew in elastics around the cuffs, and at the middles of the front and back. You'll also want a layer of plastic liner in it -- everyday synthetic materials will still get wet and STAY wet with prolonged exposure to water.

If you don't have a sewing machine, you can still do it, but it'll likely be ugly as shit as even needlework takes the patience of yoga masters, and if you try to cleverly hide the seams with pleats and folds (it's possible) it'll just end up looking weird.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.