[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toshiba Satillite A665D-S6059
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Ok so i have in front of me a
Toshiba Satellite A665D-S6059
with a AMD Phenom II P920 1.6 GHZ CPU
and a ATI Mobility Radion HD5650 GPU 1Gb
specs here -
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-satellite-a665d-s6059-16-phenom-ii-p920-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd-us/specs/

it is in the black screen status and as a last effort i will try to re-do the bios in case of corruption.

My question is this, im told this processor is good and performs well for mobile CPU's
Is there a way to salvage the Cpu and GPU if the motherboard is dead?
if so to what or any links about it?
>>
>>985459
The processor will be socketed, and if you had the ability to remove the GPU, that would mean you had the ability to reattach it and fix the laptop.

Also, this has gotta be a troll. The P920 is six years old, and the lowest-performing of the entire family. It's outperformed by modern cellphones.
>>
>>985492
>Toshiba Satellite A665D-S6059
not a troll a beginner and self taught pc enthusiast.
sorry im forced to use old parts no one wants i am currently using a Dell D600 to monitor this thread.

the laptop worked well for its previous owner and im hoping to salvage more than just the HDD, Ram, optic drive,ect, and battery cells
>>
OP, there is nothing wrong with salvaging old hardware :)

Are you sure it's not your lcd power inverter that needs replacing?
>>
Yes of course you can almost always Salvage any CPU from a laptop or a desktop as long as it is not been damaged. As far as the graphics processor goes some of them are built directly onto the motherboard usually you can only Salvage a GPU from a desktop machine but I've heard that is possible and most modern laptops to be able to sell this is GPU so this method is to look up the motherboard and see if it's built directly on or if it's able to be detached and then just go from there. good luck!
>>
File: Picture.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Picture.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>985620
OP here, how would i go about testing the inverter if using an alternate display isn't a good option?

pic related.... d600 is my net buddy and the left dark one is my hopeful new hardware or salvaged parts.
>>
to my knowledge these CPUs are really soldered on well, best bet would probably be Linus tech tips forums
>>
>>985459
I have the same exact laptop beside me. Its a paperweight at the moment. one day it just said nope. took it apart and see nothing wrong with it. just a black screen no bios post or anything.
>>
>>985492
>It's outperformed by modern cellphones.

lolno
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.