[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my ceiling is colapseing and its 12.18 am cant do anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160428_000138.jpg (254 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160428_000138.jpg
254 KB, 1080x1080
So my ceiling is colapseing and its 12.18 am cant do anything about it right now but temporarly fixed it... Pic related... Rate my fix also unconventional fix thread
>>
>>985394
You get an A for quick thinking at just past midnight. Plus bonus points for using Sabians.

Cause everyone knows to bring the house down you gotta play Zildjan!
>>
>>985402
Lol I use sabians because it has a heavyer tone but also have some paiste dimentions for accentin... Want to get me some zildjian hats tho
>>
>>985394
>>985402
>>985407

we sorely need a nigrigging general thread.

this is now /NRG/
>>
>>985394
The Chinese always win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEF8OAITB-E
>>
is op kill?
>he did not go quietly.
>>
>>985394
That's the niggest nigger rigging i've seen in a long time, good job.
>>
>>985958
>we make more solid
>it fall over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pktM__i-8IQ
>>
>>985394
>dat subtle bait
>>
>>985995
>"Don't worry Pavel the render will hold the blocks"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwfDCdzNnnU
>>
>>985394
collapsing why?

doesn't even look like it was properly screwed
>>
4chan ppl have the weirdest problems
>>
>>985995
At least they were smart enough to space the buildings far enough apart. So much for the Domino Theory in Southeast Asia.
>>
File: jiggery.jpg (100 KB, 900x650) Image search: [Google]
jiggery.jpg
100 KB, 900x650
>>985995
I was working in on a contract in China about 2 years after that happened... somewhat ironically as an engineer, but that's a whole other set of unrelated problems.

What basically happened was the buildings themselves where put up and otherwise structurally sound, however, someone else had a job to build an underground car park and they'd moved a massive amount of earth around the site. Being China- no one talks to anyone else if they can help it. So the guys building and the guys excavating had NO connection to one another to discuss if it was a really fucking stupid idea or not and basically don't give a fuck- "this is my job, I'll do what I want", its all kind of like building a foundry next to a fireworks factory.
So after enough earth gets dug up, shit starts falling over as the foundations have no lateral mass to support them and by some grace of a higher being, somehow no one gets killed.
>>
>>986098
suicide.jpg
>>
>>986014
This is what happens when you try to explain a procedure to unskilled migrant works who speak a different language.

To be fair they did a good job at what they thought they were supposed to be doing.

Like when your kid makes you a PB&J with the peanut butter on the outside.
>>
>>986098
to be fair, it's not the earth moving guys job to assess the geology. that's the commissioning engineering firms job. they told the guy where to dig. he dug.
>>
>>986177
I assumed more malice than that. Is that mortar they put on outside? I assumed they were stucco/plastering over it to hide they didn't mortar the bricks. It's not just one day of work they. They were there for a while and no one stopped by to tell them how fucked they were.
>>
>>986188
these buildings are never meant to be used. so it doesnt matter if they cut corners. that appartment building in the video is in a ghost city. sand is cheaper than cement. so they use a sand rich mix for the mortar. the mortar is basically all sand.

also, china is hard to build in. lots of mud. they cheaped out on the foundation. the anchors pulled out of the pile of sand that should have been cement.

the thing about chinese manufacturing is that you need to specify down to the last detail what you want. otherwise they will cut costs to give the cheapest bid. if you dont specify the concrete ratios and have someone to inspect and confirm they are doing it to spec, they will just pour a slab of sand instead.
>>
>>986190
This!
Your last paragraph sums it up precisely. My city is replacing a 110yr old Bascule lift bridge, and we're learning the hard way that Chinese short cut on everything (almost an art form for them) when it comes to steel manufacturing. Twice, steel beams were refused because they were dangerously substandard and/or missing crucial structural reinforcements they felt weren't necessary even though they were in the blueprints. They hoped no one would notice. :^/

All the more reason why I avoid buying anything Chinese if I can.
>>
>>985911
Goddamnit, I didn't see this until after I left work.
Because ohhhhh boy.
A 65 year old die shop has a LOT of nigrigs. I had to replace a dead control board in a CNC today that hadn't been touched since the 90s. It was supposed to be held down with this insulated wire shit the machine builder supplies.
They used about a dozen zipties and a binder clip.
>>
>>986216
>>986190
There's actually a word for that, how they cut corners because 'eh it works for now,' but it escapes me at the moment.
>>
>>986014
>tetris.flv
>>
>>985394
Are there any screws in that drywall? Is it wet? Are the joists spaced 16" apart? Lazy man fix is just getting a screw gun and ladder, holding it up, and securing it to the joist. 1 1/4" screws will do the trick.
>>
>>986188
I seriously just think that no one explained to them how to do it right. If the boss drops you off with a mountain of block and a pile of bags of mortar and you have no idea what the fuck you are doing, this seems like a logical conclusion one could draw as to how to utilize both materials.

Don't get me wrong, they're fucking morons. But I've seen stuff like this before where the workers didn't fully understand the process and just kinda made it up as they went.
>>
>>986188
Yeah just rendered it instead of actually laying the blocks properly.
>>
>>986055
Fucking kek
>>
>>986607
>cheapskate
>bodge job
>fuck them its their problem
>
>>
>>987377
Found it. 'Chabuduo.'
It means 'almost' or 'nearly' in Mandarin.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.