[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power tool collection thread. Show me what ya got. Also favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 47
File: 20160409_085747.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160409_085747.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Power tool collection thread. Show me what ya got.

Also favorite brand discussion, since we all know it'll go that way anyway.
>>
>>975361
are those 1 handed sawzalls worth it if you already have a 2 handed one?
>>
>>975376
As with anything, it depends. I bought the corded one mostly for scraping and big long tough cuts of that nature. The thing is a beast.

The 12v is smaller and light weight that I bought for quick cuts on the job such as conduit (I'm an elctrician) or pipes. Also in some wear houses, electricity might not always be close buy.

I know you might say "oh just use a hack saw", but on long runs with rigid or larger sized pipes, it wears out the ol meat beater pretty quick, I don't care how strong you are.
>>
>>975376
On a related note, I will say that small dust buster is a worthless hunk of shit. Get the wet vac one, if you happen to be in the market.
>>
Literally have too much to put on one photo. But you certainly wont find any TTI chink shit milwaukee in any photo I do happen to take.
>>
>>975385
Then post one tool, bitch.

I don't give a flying fuck if it's made in Somalia, as long as it out preforms the other brands, which Milwaukee does.

What brand you rocking anyway? How you gonna come into a discussion thread and basically not contribute in any way?
>>
File: resize.jpg (1016 KB, 2784x1568) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
1016 KB, 2784x1568
>>975388
Mostly Makita. Some Hilti, Some Bosch.
These are what I have next to me.

As for milwaukee, I only said it because people bite so easily when anything is said against that brand. Same with dewalt. Real fanboy mentality.
>>
>>975402
>Real fanboy mentality.

Makita has a stupid fanboy mentality on here, its usually UK posters though.
>>
>>975420
It's not so much a fanboy mentality but more of a fact they're better tools.
>>
>>975422
Nope, its strictly fanboyism, especially when you look at it from a market share standpoint.

You dont gain marketshare by putting out garbage.
>>
>>975427

I'm not sure what data you're using but I've seen sources that suggest Makita holds a 50% market share overall against SBD and Bosch.

If that is true, you'll find it difficult to pass off 50% market share as fanboyism against product quality.

There's a reason I buy Makita, and it's because I've used DeWalt & Milwaukee. As I work in trade I can't rely on either one as much as I can Makita.
>>
>>975435

He doesn't also realize that Milwaukee is almost an american only market where most other brands are international.
>>
File: 1459972817861.jpg (15 KB, 613x533) Image search: [Google]
1459972817861.jpg
15 KB, 613x533
>>975422
>Milwaukee users are fanboys.
>I'm not a fan boy, makita is just a better tool

You realize that's what every fan boy ever thinks?

I myself use Milwaukee over makita and DeWalt because
1. DeWalt tools failed me
2. I've seen only some odd contractors use makita
3. Go onto a union jobsite. Tools that see hard use, day in, day out. You'll find nothing but Milwaukee.

It's just a better brand and the proof is in the pudding.
>>
>>975445
>union jobsite
Ah that old chessnut. I've no idea what this means, I'm in the UK where production matters and we don't have unions to fall back on, and Milwaukee have a tiny market share.

>Milwaukee over dewalt
Almost the same tools from the same production companies.

>odd contractors use makita
50% isn't a myth. It's a real portion, and one that trumps milwaukee and dewalt

>better brand
I'm not sure why you come to that conclusion but sales alone dispute that

Again, when I said they're better it's for that reason alone I said it. I have no brand loyalty. I have lots of tools from different manufacturers and I bought them purely on their performance and longevity. And that's why I have a lot of Makita.

Mind you, there's this same thread every week and it's all the same shit parroted continually. When Milwaukee match makitas performance I'll probably consider buying some when it comes to upgrade time.
>>
>>975437
>He doesn't also realize that Milwaukee is almost an american only market where most other brands are international.

Thats why I made the distinction of UK posters vs american posters. Milwaukee is absurdly expensive in the UK, and Makita has the market share.
I dont expect someone from the UK to have used or to rely on milwaukee of dewalt stuff.

Every jobsite I have worked on here in the USA uses Milwaukee or Dewalt. There is some Makita, but its vastly overshadowed by the other two brands.
You walk into any hardware store in the USA, its filled with Milwaukee and Dewalt, youd be lucky to have a small Makita section.

If Makita truly were a better product, they would be used more. Downtime from tools loses money.
>>
>>975450
>downtime
>used dewilt
>>
>>975451
>meme arrows change reality
>>
File: 1449194367489.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449194367489.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>975447
>Almost the same tools from the same production companies.

So you dont actually know anything about the companies you routinely hate on?
And you expect me to believe that you have actually used them?

You bought Makita because thats what your Coworkers use, not because of anything else
>>
>>975453
OK mate. That's why I've already said I have no brand loyalty and buy tools based on performance not just who made it.
>>
>>975447
Ok. Well over here its the opposite. Milwaukee has the market share.
>where production matters
You're speaking to the last super power in the world and Americans arguably work the hardest.
>Milwaukee and dewalt same production company

Until you provide a source I'm calling retarded bullshit

Do me a favor. Watch side by side comparison videos. Milwaukee wins. Everytime.
>>
>>975454
> But you certainly wont find any TTI chink shit

You are a fucking retard.
Your chink Makita is made in a factory 2 blocks away from the TTI factory
>>
>>975456
Kek he thinks assembled in Japan means made in japan.
>>
>>975457
>assembled in japan
lel
Makita stopped doing that 6-7 years ago
>>
Are any of you fucks gonna show me your collection?
>>
>>975455
>thinking china isn't a superpower
>>
File: 1453789679986.gif (1 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1453789679986.gif
1 MB, 255x191
>>975460
Oh lawd

If you don't have breathable air and drinkable water, you're not a super power
>>
File: 1452291093479.jpg (27 KB, 353x353) Image search: [Google]
1452291093479.jpg
27 KB, 353x353
>>975459
>just have ridgid tools
>if I post them it will just result in everyone bitching even more
thread was destined to be nothing but shit flinging. Its worse than console war shit.
>>
File: 1358427325798.jpg (71 KB, 550x425) Image search: [Google]
1358427325798.jpg
71 KB, 550x425
>>975476
It started off nice. People asking about practicality of certain tools.

Could be a very informative thread if yall didn't have to act like children
>>
>>975450
>You walk into any hardware store in the USA, its filled with Milwaukee and Dewalt, youd be lucky to have a small Makita section.
>If Makita truly were a better product, they would be used more.

thisshitagain.gif

1. Open /diy/
2. Ctrl+F MoWookee
3. If 2 (result!) then (hide thread)
4. GOTO 1.

Now Have a Nice Day, and Fuck Off Already.
>>
>snake light
>vacuum
>heat gun
>another vacuum
>portable driving game

you sure fell for all the meme tools, OP.

make sure you pick up the radar detector and rectal thermometer while you're at it
>>
File: IMG_20160409_132510342.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_132510342.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
I've never had an issue with any of my Milwaukee stuff. I beat the shit out of those 1/4" impacts everyday for 5 years at a shop and they still work like new.
>>
File: image_5.jpg (9 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
9 KB, 240x240
>>975497
Oh. Oh goodness. This has to be b8. And I'm gonna go ahead and chomp it up.

Come here little anon, have a seat on pop-pops knee, and I'll tell you all about power tools... class is in session

>snake light.
AAAAAHHHHHNT wrong. It's an inspection camera. Useful when old-working things such as under cabinet lighting, or anytime you're having issues running wire behind closed walls. Most of the time you won't need it, but older homes can be a real mother fucker.

>vacuum
Professionals clean up after themselves. Especially when you're in high end homes and your dust pan isn't going to get the mess out of their shaggy rug.

>heat gun
What is heat shrink? What is pvc conduit?

>another vacuum
You got me there, that one was a swing and a miss.

>Portable driving game

This. This was the one that tipped me off that it was bait. I'm not sitting at a work bench, I'm forty feet in the air, in crawl spaces, on roofs, in parking lots 300ft from the nearest outlet.

Please tell me you aren't this retarded anon.
>>
>>975524
ironic trollfeeding is still trollfeeding :^)
>>
>>975500
Awwww, baby tools

Are you a child?
>>
>>975536
I use air tools 99% of the time, no need for cordless shit except interior work.
>>
File: rad.jpg (9 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
rad.jpg
9 KB, 520x520
>>975536
i'm a cabinet installer and i prefer the 12v. when you're on your back reaching around awkward corners, lightweight is way better.

and the 12v impacts drive a 4" screw into studs just fine

also this drill isn't as useful with a big fat 18v battery on it
>>
>>975536
Milwaukee 12v (can't speak for other brands) are surprisingly powerful sumsofbitches
>>
use RIDGID
made by EMERSON
>>
>>975541
ODQG why they don't make a 1m extension so you can clip the heavy battery to your belt.
>>
File: 1456678303931.gif (145 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
1456678303931.gif
145 KB, 300x375
>>975544
Kek
>>
>>975492
Contractors dont just buy whatever is in the hardware store, the hardware store caters to what people buy.
>>
>>975544
Use HITACHI
Their dildos are amazing
>>
>>975577
I really enjoy such naive ideas. Next you'll be saying stores aren't paid incentives to sell products for people.
>>
>>975361

Why don't you use those tools to replace those baseboards, OP?
>>
File: 20160410_090659.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160410_090659.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
Since no one is posting their own tools and just shit talking everyone else I guess I'll post mine.

Pls no bully.
>>
My cordless stuff is M18 and some older mak drills.
DewLt table saw miter and compressor.
Skill and mak circular saws
Mak and PC grinders
Bostitch and paslode nailers
Bosch router
Mastercraft wrenches & sockets
Jobmate heat gun ($6. Works good)
VanMark trimmaster 12'6" brake (fuck tapco)
Dodge truck 'cause Mopar or no car.
>>
I am a "Professional" Handyman.

I started out in a cabinet shop and found that although our Dewalt saws were excellent, our Dewalt drills and Rigid saws were trash.

Years later I happened upon a Makita 18v drill on sale and since then I have been hooked.

I still use Dewalt saws exclusively but just about everything else I have is Makita. I have a few Harbor Freight tools that are really just place holders until I can afford to get Makita stuff. I.e., currently using a $20 HF grinder until I have an extra $100 to drop on the Makita, mostly because I don't use the grinder often.

The only Makita tool to have failed me was a 14v drill that I dropped climbing out of an attic. Had a bit extender in the chuck that hit first. Was just enough torque to bend the chuck.

You could call me a Makita fan boy but I'll still use other brands if I find them better or just as good at a good price.
>>
>>975612
Oh ya, I've got an old rollermatic sthil chainsaw too.
>>
>low voltage work

I bought the Gen5X line from Ridgid last summer when they were $299 for literally the entire line. I bought the cordless sander last December to do some projects around the house.

I've used Hilti, Dewalt, Ridgid, and Milwaukee - whatever my employer provided, I used. I switched to Ridgid only because it was a great deal and, honestly, I've never noticed much of a difference between any of them. GASP!

I do love Ridgid's LED placement. That's very helpful when mounting junction and gang boxes in the plenum.
>>
>>975618
>bit extender in the chuck that hit first
That sucks. Usually use 6" long drivers and did the same to my mak impact. Still working doe
>>
While we are talking shit anybody used Panasonic? They seem waaay over priced and I've never seen anyone use them
>>
>>975683
I've used a Panasonic SDS drill and impact wrench a few years ago. Really well built and good performance. Very good battery life but all in not good enough to warrant the price over similarly matched hilti products, with their reputation and brilliant customer service.
>>
>>975647
Yeah I was pretty pissed off too. I'm way too fat to be dicking around in attics. But it needed to be replaced anyway. It was an old CW model. The black and white with the 1.5ah batteries. Plus when I bought the combo to replace it Makita had a promo going and I got a free 3.0ah battery.

Needless to say I am much more careful while going up and down ladders and climbing around with it on my belt these days.
>>
File: Mezzanine_803.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mezzanine_803.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1080
>>975361
>power tools

pls op...
>>
>>975710
Living in 1936 must be dull.
>>
File: 1395762275826.jpg (34 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1395762275826.jpg
34 KB, 368x368
>>975710
>high school wood shop class
>this motherfucker every day
Does this guy still make new episodes?
Watching him make things was comfy
>>
>>975723
He's dead, bro....
>>
Currently have
Makita drill and impact
Older makita belt sander
Makita circular saw
And just got the makita 12in sliding compound miter saw.

Custom cabinet installer and so far makita has been a solid as fuck brand.
>inb4 shill
>>
>>975590
>such naive ideas

If a product is shit, a contractor wont continue to use it
Talk about being fucking naive
>>
>>975735
Pro tip if you go to a store that specializes in power tools, makita is always there and often recommended. I see a ton of makita being used in custom house construction.
>>
>>975724
Well then...
Guess hes not making new episodes
>>
>>975450

>Thats why I made the distinction of UK posters vs american posters.

Please show me where that distinction was made because I can't find it.

Also the UK does not mean international. They are a very small market. In fact they are also heavily influenced by the American market, and as such dewalt is prominent there.

If Milwaukee were to expand outside the USA the uk would be one of the first spots.
>>
If it weren't almost 10 at night and like 28 degrees out, I'd be tempted to go snap some pics of my garage tools. I used to exclusively only use DeWalt and Hilti stuff. I noticed DeWalt seemed to be failing on me a fair bit. One day I was on a job site, my impact drill died on me. I needed a new one but only had like 80 bucks on me since I never bring my wall on jobs. Picked up a Ryobi. Its been going strong for years. So Ive picked up a good number of their tools and have been pleasantly surprised. So, now, when I'm going on a bigger job I'll bring my Hilti stuff/Milwaukee stuff. But if Im going on a job that I know will be a shit show, I bring the Ryobi stuff, Its never let me down and if someone steals it or it dies I dont get too bent out of shape.
>>
>>975461

>acid rain
>smog
>gub'ment newklur waste
>compromised ozone

I like how you think your air and water is clean.
>>
>>975450
>You walk into any hardware store in the USA, its filled with Milwaukee and Dewalt, youd be lucky to have a small Makita section.
My local one has a massive mostly Makita and some Dewalt section.
>>
>>975683
I have a CF-30.
Best laptop I've ever used. Every part of it is easy to access, none of that snap on case bullshit where you need an exacto knife or a tiny screwdriver to pop the internal latches, it's indestructable, readable at noon with the screen in the sunlight, and has a silly battery life.
>>
How about Bosch?
I've used a few of their old nicad drills, and they seemed to work pretty well. I prefer using dewalt and makita drills, but they're all at least a decade newer.
>>
>>975764
There airstrike is only 140 with charger and battery. If I didn't just buy a 4gal compressor I may have got one.
>>
File: IMG_20160409_221040381.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160409_221040381.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>
>>975798
I spy makita and milwaukee. Opinion?
>>
>>975598
Why ya think I got shit every where, ya smacker? I'm working over hereeeee!!!
>>
>>975610
AEG? Never heard of them. You like?

Where ya from? What do you do?

Also how do you like that circular saw? And that angle grinder, is it anything close to a corded grinder?

And lastly, what is that thing in the center? A light?

Over all, nice set up anon.
>>
>>975764
Ah, so you're in the jersey area too then, I'm guessing.

You know, for the price tag, Ryobi tools are some fucking champions. They're my #1 recommended to home owners, who aren't using them day in, day out.
>>
>>975724
when? I just googled him and everything indicates that he is still alive.
>>
>>975764
Are you people fucking retarded? If it breaks, just take it back.

>muh short warranty

Buy your shit from Lowe's or Walmart, they take fucking everything on replacement, mostly without question. I'm also assuming these tools are only breaking every few years, so the inconvenience isn't an issue, you renew your license, you can renew your tools.
>>
>>975858
God fucking damnit. I'm not usually the type, but I got trolled. You're right, as far as anyone is concerned, he's still alive. It was like five fucking years ago I thought he was dead. I deserve to be ridiculed. I am shame faced.
>>
>>975850
AEG is the nz/au branding for rigid, dunno why.

I work in security and access control so don't use much of that on a daily basis, except drill and driver with multi tool and recipro saw occasionally. but I built my own house so needed a bunch of tools.

The skillsaw is not quite as good as a corded one but my mate has one of the brushless versions and it's a beast.

Angle grinder is easily on par with a corded one for pretty much all uses.

And yeah its a little rotatable light. Good for when i work on a panel balls deep in some shit roof since headlamps are uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>975946
>AEG is the nz/au branding for rigid,

>lolwut
>Google
>AEG died 2 decades ago
>brand rights went to Electrolux
Oh.
>>
>>975735
That has nothing to do with what a chain of stores want to sell you. It's common in retail to see exclusivity deals and exclusion deals along with paid advertisement and endorsement. Stop being such a moron.

If you don't like something don't use it, simple as that but where you come to the conclusion that a store would drop an entire brand or product line because you don't like it, I don't know.
>>
File: Milfukee.jpg (194 KB, 1206x770) Image search: [Google]
Milfukee.jpg
194 KB, 1206x770
>>975761
You can buy Milwaukee in the UK and have been able to for years. Not a lot of it is sold here because there's no benefit of buying it over tried and tested brands that have been on the market for much longer.

That said, looking at the brands TTI are in control of, there aren't many that are very popular in the UK.

Milwaukee is infact available globally. You can see that on their own website, but only control about 6% of the global power tools market from what I've seen.

If that were true it could suggest there're not as popular as people will harp on about.
>>
>>975946
>>975950

http://www.ttigroup.com/en/our_brands/by_brand/aeg
>>
>>975970
>xactly.
AEG, MoWookee, Ryobi, its all (least in murica) the same shit, owned by TTI.

http://www.ttigroup.com/en/our_brands/by_division/power_tools_and_accessories

TTI also used be 100% responsible for Ridgid as stocked/sold through Home Depot - altho Ridgid are (nominally) owned by Emerson and seem to be no longer listed on TTI site as one of 'their' brands, but these two certainly aint unrelated either. TTI also make a lot of Craftsman (Sears, etc.) - and to the asshole above?

The quality, lifespan and preference of the contractor regards tool-choice is actually not the over-riding factor in deciding what gets stocked most at Home Depot, etc. No, really. Rather, a spreadsheet at TTI, one which decides which particular piece of China-built shit (like your beloved MoWookee) is getting piled highest/shilled hardest this week.

Your products Trash you cretinous shill, get it outta here.
>>
>>975967
>tools don't sell well at all
>store will continue to sell them

Do you see how stupid you are?
Endorsement deals don't keep stores in business, the movement of product does. If your product is garbage, you don't continue to move that product and you don't sign more exclusivity or endorsement deals.
Wow just wow
>>
>>975971
>China-built shit

I love how you keep harping this while you use Chinese tools yourself
>>
>>975383
That thing is junk! The little leaf blower kicks ass at the end day for clean up time
>>
>>975862

Yes, Roy Underhill is not dead. They just started putting episodes from season 35 on the PBS app.
>>
>>976005

Most of what we use in the modern western world will include some parts or materials from china. There's no way to avoid this simply because outsourcing is cheaper.

That however does not mean that the products china produces are any better.

You need to stop with this 'oh but yours are made there too' bullshit. Your moms fucking dildo was probably made there and she still fucks herself sensless with it, but I know full well your old man would outlast that chinese piece of shit. See what I'm saying?

cheap=/=good.
>>
>>976039
>See what I'm saying?

Yeah, back to the fanboyism.
And then you will go back to calling other brands cheap chinese stuff.

Oh but dont worry, my chinese factory is better than yours!
Our tools both cost a premium, both bade for the higest end consumers, but only MY tools are good because they came from the GOOD chinese factories!

You are going in a circle which lacks reasoning.
Why cant you just say you are a fanboy?
>>
>>976063
I read the first line then lost interest.
>>
>>976066
>using a your mom joke as a point
>lel stopped reading your poast!

I dont expect anything else from you honestly, you know you are full of shit
>>
File: 1421605038064.gif (693 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
1421605038064.gif
693 KB, 339x279
>>976074
Keep going TTI shill guy
>>
>>976080
>devolving this far

And to think, you had such conviction in your hatred of any brand that wasnt your favorite.
Now you are calling others shills and using personal insults.

Not a great way to keep your point.
>>
Hey guys I use mastercraft am I good yet
>>
>>976089
You have to ask the MakitaMan what hand tools are made in good chinese factories, and what hand tools are made in the junky TTI or Black and Decker tier factories.

Im sure he will have a good answer for you!
>>
>>975967
You really have no idea how the free market works, do you?
>>
>>976084

See this is why I'm baiting. I never said anything about what brand I love. I've only spoke of brands plural, I use and trust, and none of them are produced under TTI.

I've no intention on continuing on with trying to 'keep my point'. I'll stand by my own conviction no problem but trying to explain it to you is a never ending road.
>>
>>976097
>pretending to be retarded now

Yes god yes!
I didnt think we could get any lower but here we are!
>>
>>975860

I'm assuming you can't read. If it gets stolen or seriously damaged and not just stop working how are you going to take them back? I said I buy them for jobs where I know there's a higher chance of shit happening. They barely ever break even then.
>>
>>976098
No idea what you're talking about. I think >>>/b/ Is more suite to your shitposting.
>>
>>975843
My m12 impact is rated at 2650n
The mak 18v 2300n
Just tested them on a 4" #8 screw into pine x4 mak was 3\8" ahead at the end
Balance is similar with the smallest battery on each drill. moters are just about the same size.
I'm not doing a run time test.
I like the LED on the mak better cause it stays on longer than fades out. The mill led just shuts off. Better belt clip on the m12
>>
>>976107
You made one quick mention of theft, and the rest about damage or failure. And as my post stated, those stores take them back for both reasons. If theft is your biggest concern, get a toolbox with a lock, and/or stop working with niggers. And yeah, I quoted you, but that post was for all these pussies pretending that tools are dying once a month.
>>
>>975971
Drink bleach, you're fucking retarded and your argument holds no water.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_111743.jpg (462 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_111743.jpg
462 KB, 2560x1920
>All this shitposting and shilling

What is missing is a 1.5 ah battery that's on the charger and a Porter cable NiCD cordless drill driver

What I have coming is a 1/4" impact driver and a hammer drill so I can finally do some work because I need to drill into concrete more than anything else

The vacuum is fucking useless. OK power but the intake is too small so when vacuuming up bugs out of light fixtures or the remnants of my maintenance work it gets clogged often
>>
File: IMG_1109.jpg (559 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.jpg
559 KB, 3264x2448
Might as well post mine. Slow today.

Fein Caulking Cutter - Nothing else comes close to this tool in terms of quality and power but a very niche tool

Dewalt Mixing Drill - Work pretty good for mixing caulk. OK for mortar but feels like it really bogs down the motor.

Bosch 9" grinder - Nice, smooth, plenty of power. Guard makes for nice dustless grinding.

Makita 5" grinder - Must have SJS technology. Smooth slow start and adjustable RPM. Eats through mortar and brick. Replace brushes when needed and back to work.

Makita 14" chop saw - Newest purchase. Cut through mortar easily. No jerky movement. Heavy. Haven't used it on concrete and I don't think I will.

Ridgid Drill - meh, its a drill
>>
File: 1460390750593-1807350508.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
1460390750593-1807350508.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>976720
I ground up a used ocelating blade for cutting caulking.
Works OK
>>
File: IMG_20160411_121145.jpg (366 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_121145.jpg
366 KB, 2560x1920
>>976720

That does look like an SJS makita.

For some reason I thought this was a cordless thread. My corded stuff is all over the place so forgive the multiple images

Ryobi 7" grinder - primarily use this for plunge cutting into concrete and then use the makita rotary hammer to finish the material removal
>>
>>976724

Ingco hammer drill - despite the plastic gearbox housing and literal china man brand I use this as my primary concrete hammer drill.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_121300.jpg (322 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_121300.jpg
322 KB, 2560x1920
>>976725
>>
>>976724
How do you like the rotary hammer? I have a bosch bulldog I forgot to include in my original pic. Sometimes the bulldog doesn't have enough power to break through whatever material I'm working on.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_122817.jpg (503 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_122817.jpg
503 KB, 2560x1920
>>976738

>break through material

That is why I have pic related. I use the makita for lighter chiseling type work.

Ingco rotary hammer - this is one those things that when you use it you wonder if you are going to vibrate the building apart. It also is so loud that even the most stubborn of workmen who don't wear ear-pro cry for it.

Ryobi hammer drill - we have two of these. Primarily for my guys to drill into concrete and steel

Ingco 4.5" grinder - two of these also. That one pictured has single handedly cut all the rebar for a 3 story hotel block and has been doing general cutting and grinding for 4 years. Motors are loud as hell though.

Ingco power saw - nothing special. It works. Also loud motor.

I have got other stuff but they are on different sites
>>
File: IMAG0624.jpg (3 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0624.jpg
3 MB, 5376x3024
Seeing as everyone's posting hammer drills and everyone insisted I am a makita fanboy, I thought I'd post my daily driver so to speak. Also pictured is a PD-I and Gesipa Accubird.
>>
>>975969
This.

And if any of the douchebags saying Milkwookee have the biggest share, do 5 minutes worth of go ogling and you'll see that you are completely wrong. Makita and Bosch are both leagues ahead.
>>
>>976829
The only thing that matters is the good ole USA
Nobody cares what Ahmed uses in bongland.
>>
>>976752

How do you like the PD-I?

I have a Bosch laser measure (don't know designation) and while it is good and accurate It gives imperial measurements within decimal points rather than inches.

eg. 14.7 feet
>>
File: real hammer drill.jpg (141 KB, 1400x912) Image search: [Google]
real hammer drill.jpg
141 KB, 1400x912
>>976716
>and a hammer drill
I hope you are getting a real hammer drill and not one of those ones that just run the chuck over a ribbed surface.
Those are dog shit for drilling into concrete.

Anyway hows the angle grinder?
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1460404941079.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1460404941079.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1920
>>976752
Some more tools I have here with me. I have a lot of other stuff that is either at work in site security boxes or at my parents where it's safer.

>>976847
I really like it but it's my 4th in just over 12 months. Hilti have never had any qualms with replacing it within a day or two but I was disappointed. The screen would start flickering and lines were dying but this one so far has worked without fault.

It's incredibly accurate and works well in both metric and imperial. I have it with me all the time. Great for pricing up jobs or working out testing surface areas in hvac.
>>
>>976848

I am

>>976724
>>976726
>>976743

So with 2 rotary hammers and 3 larger hammer drills I will be alright.

I am getting the ryobi shitty one+ hammer drill as I already have the batteries and charger and need the mobility. If it lasts as long as the drill driver has at a year of weekly abuse it will be worth it.

The grinder. It grinds. I primarily use it for flashing and the occasional rebar cutting when putting in road grills. I do wish it had more power and didn't suck so much juice for so little work but I don't go through more than one and a half charges a session so I can live with it.

I recently just imported some flap disks (country ran out) so we will see how it works as a sander.
>>
File: hitachiWandbox[1].jpg (145 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
hitachiWandbox[1].jpg
145 KB, 750x750
Power tool I use the most
>>
File: WP_20160411_16_24_21_Raw.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160411_16_24_21_Raw.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
EDC thread?
>>
>>976959
ever try to get the bosch batteries to work with the milwaulkees and vice versa? I feel like if you could dremel a tab off and make it fit it might save you some aggravation in the long run...
>>
>>976997
Yeah that was the first thing I did. Popped the little nub off the charger. The battery terminals are wired different. I blew up one of my bosch chargers trying to charge a Milwaukee battery.

>pop,crackle, smoke

Well, shit. Glad I had 2 chargers already.

I've been looking at the Milwaukee heated hoodie. I have Bosch's version of the battery holster/power source for their clothing. Half tempted to pop into home depot with it and see if it works. Bosch batteries do work with dremel allegedly.
>>
>>976888
nice. is it a hand-me-down?
>>
>>977005
thx. I have bosch, but have on occasion had the chance to pick up some 12v milwaulkee.. for the trouble I'll just stick with bosch I guess.
>>
>>976959
Staying up a little late aren't we, Paco?
>>
>>975450
>in the USA uses Milwaukee or Dewalt.
Lets try this another way and see if you can understand yourself.
"every builder I ever see drives a Doge Ram or a Ford Scrotum - so they are best"
Do you get it yet?
You are in a limited market - the US.
Due to marketing and availability you have DogeRAMS or Milwaukies and you think that is because they are "best".
- Try Australia : what do you think Builders Drive? Well if you have to go pretty hard you might drive a Mitsi Triton - if your locations are severe you might have a Landcruiser.
- but a Builder in Australia will never, ever have an American truck ; why? they're overpriced , they're uneconomic and 'dainty' [they 'shine' ; they don't do work].
Lets go back to tools : in Australia the American tool brands are about as expensive as Makita [see above : they aren't MORE expensive like Murrcan Trucks ]
BUT THESE NOT-MORE EXPENSIVE TOOLS STILL AREN'T USED AS MUCH AS MAKITA.
Why ? - are builders dumb ?
Or are the murrcan tools less robust?
>>
>>977236
american full sized trucks more 'dainty' than a triton? lol have you ever left oz mate? lots of american trucks are shit, f150s have been riding on their name for ages, but they also have some good things
>>
>>977236
>thinking anyone will care what an abo who lives in the back of an old rusted ute thinks
>>
>>977236
More people live in my home state than live in your whole country.
>>
>>977288
>Muslims
>spics
>kikes
>>
>>977221
Please elaborate?
>>
>>977236
you just compared new US made trucks that are meant to be highway trucks/hauling trucks. so of course naturally they are gonna be shit off-road because that's not what they are meant to do. but US based trucks aren't the only none-off road trucks there is..

that being said, I've never seen a construction worker driving a fucking new dodge ram. MAYBE a foreman or the contractor. imo you clearly never worked in the field, most of them drive shitty cars like sunfire's and one off "sports cars" rarely do I ever see them drive a truck unless its a company truck.

also
>being mad because the USA has more roads than kangaroo land
sorry our infrastructure is more complete?
>>
File: byebyelegs.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
byebyelegs.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
>>977332

3rd world fag here.

What people seem to forget is that pickups aren't what you use for "MUH WURK" because they are not all that good for it anyway.

I am definitely a fan of jap pickups but I would say like the F-150 and other soft pickups they are all equally shit for construction that requires a team bigger than 6 guys.

Realistically you can carry 1500 kg of cement in the back of a 4 door D22 nissan frontier and the next afternoon you are running for another sling because those guys have already used it all up.

That is why things like high deck Isuzu Elfs are popular in the 2 ton payload catagory because you can load 2 slings (3 tons) without royally fucking the truck and with a bit of skill you can traverse over terrain that ausfags and american think you need 4x4 for.

I would say that the 2 ton Elf (and similar) are closer competitors to the F350 as their payloads are similar. Hiluxes compete more with F-150 but both of those are either tradie vehicles or jobsite manager vehicles. Primarily people and light tool transport and used occasionally for something heavier when the big truck isn't available
>>
Are metaphors lost completely on this board?
>>
>>977346
> Hire contractor to install banister
> Shows up in a brodozer hauling a trailer
> Everything is in the trailer
> Bed of truck looks brand new - not a single scratch
> Rest of the truck is shiny and pristine
> Never see any terrain tougher than a construction site

Yeah he totally needs a lifted 1 ton to tow his work trailer. It's not like he's going to be hauling bobcats or anything. He's just a finish carpenter.
>>
File: 1456328495415b.jpg (123 KB, 722x481) Image search: [Google]
1456328495415b.jpg
123 KB, 722x481
>>976830
Damn straight
>>
File: j0uHZ.jpg (78 KB, 504x370) Image search: [Google]
j0uHZ.jpg
78 KB, 504x370
>>977309
>moving the goalposts
>>
File: $_12[2].jpg (39 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
$_12[2].jpg
39 KB, 500x466
id like a milwaulkie.

I saw this 4 in one version.

or the

M18 CPD-0 FUEL version.

theyre the cheapest affordable ones I think.

im worried if the 4 in 1 wont be as good because its trying to do too much.
therefore more can go wrong.
>>
File: P11450801[1].jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
P11450801[1].jpg
16 KB, 250x250
>>977380
>im worried if the 4 in 1 wont be as good because its trying to do too much.
>therefore more can go wrong.

I have yet to find a mutli-use tool that does the job as good as the dedicated tool. It will do all 4 things poorly.
>>
>>977389
skeletool isn't perfect, but it's damn near the closest thing to it...
>>
>>977379
>starting a political argumenton a diy board
>not liking ethnic minorities

>>977380
I think they're OK for the odd job but generally not very good.

I'll never understand a need for an offset chuck and the side chucks are crap unless it's a dedicated drill.
>>
>>977439
>he keeps repeating the skeletool meme

Stick to mutli tool threads where you can continue getting shit on.
>>
>>977380
>wont be as good because its trying to do too much.
I was eyeing the ridgid jobmax but im worried that the tool attachments are going to be dog shit
plus why are the attachments so much? Seems like it would be more to buy the base and the sawsall attachment than to just buy a normal sawzall
>>
>>977474
Because it's a marketing gimmick that people who don't know what they're doing fall for.
>>
>>977369

>TFW you have yo lift that lumber on to to top of that monstrosity.

Lifting pickups is primarily an american thing.
>>
>>977369
Truck is a write-off come tax time.
Or maybe he has a small dick.
I pull my 16 x8.5' tandem with a 1500, but I'm hung.
>>
>>977331
The multiple nailers/staplers. I was making a racist joke about you being Mexican, and being a roofer, and it was kinda late here when you posted, and roofers generally get up pretty early.
>>
>>977538
I've yet to meet a roofer who has a need for an orbital sander and finish nailers.

Although I am the whitest Mexican you'll see. So you were partially right there.
>>
Here you go. Only tool a true retard/drywaller needs.
>>
>>977499
This.
> used to think lifted trucks were cool
>into construction work
>boss drives drama jacked up higher than the tower of babel
>can't even see inside the bed standing next to it
>into stock ride height tundra
>I can reach to the middle of the bed from either side
>will never buy a lifted work truck
>>
>>977890

>tfw he pulls up next to a sling of cement and you have to load all 35 of the 100lbs sacks into the bed. Over your head.
>>
>>977890
Boss was a retard and should have put a Tommy Gate or similar liftgate on his toy. I scored one used (for installing a hard drive) and love it. I don't lift or lower shit, I just move it to the liftgate. If you score a used one they are very simple to mount and you can buy new mounting brackets for any pickup or flatbed. They take only one power cable or you can use a jumper cable for temp use.

I wouldn't lift a work truck either because waste of money, but every truck I work with from now on will have a liftgate.
>>
>>977801
It was just a joke, not based in fact, just light hearted racism.
>>
>>975541
i can second that
they must be lipo == lightweight / high current
12.6v == 300-400w
21v == 500 - 700w
5A corded drill == 600w

impacts are dope but some guys on my team break bolts and screws off of the refrigerators
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I recently finished my collection of personal tools, I have what I need at work but I just wanted something that was mine, so here it is. I am an electrician by the way.
>>
File: IMG_0386.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0386.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0388.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0388.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0389.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0390.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0390.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0392.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0392.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
Brands I've used: Makita, Dewalt, milwaukee, panasonic and bosch.

1. Bosch: Feels much more like a professional tool, also has handy battery indicators on all tools, Bosch also has the biggest selection of battery tools.

2. Milwaukee: Almost a carbon copy of Bosch tools, they perform well but feel less professional than Bosch tools.

3. Dewalt: Good tools, almost as good as milwaukee

4. Makita: Does the job, has a good selection of battery tools, but all makita tools feels and looks like shit. It's as if it was trying to compete with the green bosch tools. No battery indicator on battery or tool.
>>
>>975361

Does the 12v Bayonet saw work well? Is the battery getting drained very fast and is it powerful enough?
>>
>>978579
Everybody I've talked to has said that bosch is great, but that they never want to buy them after they killed off any and all support for their nicad tools. What's the advantage of milwaukee over Dewalt?
>>
>>978638
Sounds to me like old wastes of space complaining about technology. They hate lithium, because it doesn't spend hours dying, while doing a fraction the work it could at 100%.
>>
File: 1458115582790.jpg (78 KB, 494x433) Image search: [Google]
1458115582790.jpg
78 KB, 494x433
>>978638
>nicad
>>
>>978638

>but that they never want to buy them after they killed off any and all support for their nicad tools

Never heard anyone complain about that, and if they did I'd shake my head
>>
>>978638

Advantage is that they look and feel better than every other tool brand, their storage boxes are better than everyone elses, their batteries have a battery level indicator button. I cannot confirm which brand performs better but the performance on Bosch tools are also great.
>>
>>978655
The way I heard it, Bosch made it impossible to get parts of batteries for their nicad line.
>>
>>978670
Good. Upgrade, or get bent.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.