[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DS4 power switch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: _MG_1122_watermarked.0.jpg (1 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
_MG_1122_watermarked.0.jpg
1 MB, 4752x3168
Good morning DIY <3

I have a little question for you. I mainly use my ps4 for netflix/youtube, and it's draining my battery like hell. I can just turn off the controller in the menu, but it's a 15sec operation, and it pauses everything while I am doing it.

So I want to add some kind of switch, from the battery, to manually turn off the controller.
The thing is, I don't know what kind of switch/button I should use. Any recommendation?
>>
File: IMG_20160403_092336~2.jpg (719 KB, 3024x1740) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160403_092336~2.jpg
719 KB, 3024x1740
>>971973

And here is where I'd like the switch to be. Right under the ext port.

And for the ext port, did anybody ever tried making a charging dock for the ext port?
>>
>>971973
Just take a battery out.
>>
>>971982

Not really the kind of solution I'm looking for
>>
Some variety of dip switch would do the job, impossible to trigger by accident.
>>
>>971973
Any on off switch wired to the red wire of the battery will do, cut a tiny opening to glue it on
>>
>>972006
>dip switch

by which I presumably meant small slide switch, having looked up what that term actually means. But you get the gist.
>>
>>972006
>>972007

I tried disconnecting the battery while it was on. The ps4 responded just like when the battery is low. When I reconnected the battery again, nothing happened. So do you know if there is some type of button that act like a reset? So I can just press it once and the ds4 is off. But won't stay in the "off position", would return to its original state right after being triggered.

Sorry if it doesnt make any sense, english is not my cup of tea
>>
>>972013
when you disconnect the battery, it won't be using the battery anymore
>>
this is retarded
a small toggle switch (on/off) will disconnect the battery ensuring that you are not draining it. when you turn it back on, reconnecting the battery, nothing will happen because its a bluetooth device. so you have to push the ps button to turn it on and reconnect, and the ps4 will likely ask who is using it.

but no, you cant activate sleep mode (a software feature) with a simple mechanical switch.
>>
>>972033

What is retarded? I know it will work. I am just asking what switches would be the best fitted for this utilisation

Once your power the controller back up, it work directly, there is no asking who is using it

And what are you talking about with your sleepmode?
>>
>>972035
this right here
>When I reconnected the battery again, nothing happened. So do you know if there is some type of button that act like a reset? So I can just press it once and the ds4 is off. But won't stay in the "off position", would return to its original state right after being triggered.

if you only have one use then its not going to ask. but it sounds like you want the controller to be powered on and functioning when you flip the switch back to "on." you said that when you reconnect the battery (same as turning the switch on) that "nothing happened." then you asked for a button that functioned like a "reset"

aaaaaand fuck i think i just realized what the fuck you were trying to say. jesus, man. i think you mean that you are looking for a "latching switch" meaning you push it once to turn off, push it again to turn on, rather than sliding or toggling from on to off. the current mode persists (unlike a momentary switch) but its a button rather than a toggle.

is that what you meant?
>>
>>972080

Not entirely. I am looking for a type of switch that:

- when is at its rest position, curent can go through
- when pressed, the current is stopped.

But I don't want it to click and stay in the closed position. When depressed, it need to come to the power position right back.

I don't know the right term, I know it's confusing
>>
Sounds like youre looking for push button switch, momentary off, normally closed.

Switch is normally closed, allowing the controller to function. You press it down, turns off the controller. Once you release, the controller is back at normal state. Yes?

Isn't there a remote specifically for controlling media? Ps3 had one
>>
http://www.amazon.com/BUTTON-SWITCH-MOMENTARY-OFF-NORMALLY-CLOSED/dp/B006M4XL7C

Example of what I just described
>>
You just need to find one small enough to fit into the controller. I guarantee it will look ugly as fuck though, unless you find some custom made push switch
>>
>>972089

Yes there is, but for something like 50$, which I don't have right now
>>
>>972094
I'm seeing it for $30 but that's besides the point. I hope that's the type of switch you're looking for. I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't fit where you wanted to put it.
>>
File: aa.jpg (27 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
27 KB, 360x360
>>972035
switch that fits. I've done it with fake PS3 controller and there is zero to none free space there pic related, switch I've used. from your pictures there is probably even less usable space
>>
>>972084
why the fuck do you want that? you need to keep pressing it to make it stay off, that means you will be pressing the button the entire time you are watching a movie. why is an on/off switch no good?
>>
>>972139

Once the controller is turned off, it stays off. You need to restart it with the ps button in the center of the dualshock
>>
>>972094

so what's your question?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=button+switch&_frs=1

you know how to wire a switch to a battery, right?
>>
>>971973
Dude, there's a setting to turn the controller off after like five minutes of inactivity, I think you can even set it lower than that
>>
Hey guys, I think I have a better solution... just get a longer usb cable and plug it in when you are watching a movie
>>
>>972145
>>>972139
>Once the controller is turned off, it stays off. You need to restart it with the ps button in the center of the dualshock
oh geezes just take the time to reconnect again so you wont be draining too much -.-
>>
>>972156
It's 10minutes minimum

>>972163
So you want me to get a 3-4metres of usb? I'll stick with the switch.

I guesz we can let the thread die, thank you
>>
>>972172
You can just get one of those portable battery for phones, they will charge your ps4 controller the same, and one charge will probably last you several months.
>>
>>971973
Buy XboxOne gaytard
>>
Don't know about PS4 but on the PS3 I got the official remote which uses Bluetooth and takes AA's it lasts a long time
>>
>>972145
I don't think you understand how what you're asking for works.

The button interrupts the power source by creating an open circuit where the power is cut off. By the time you release the button, it turns the device back on... There's literally no difference and you'd be better off using a switch than a spring loaded button.
>>
>>972647

That's the thing, it won't just turn back on by itself. Once the controller is off, you can only power it with the ps button. I tried it before, unhooking the battery while the controller was turned on. It turned off, but when I plugged it back, it stayed off.

Can a mod kill the thread please?
>>
>>972689
>Can a mod kill the thread please?
kek
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.