[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /diy/ think of The King of Random (Grant Thompson)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
44 KB, 300x300
He used to be good but now he has transitioned to shit and milks all of his videos for as much money as possible. With all of these stupid "quick clips" there's about a month in between every actual video. The worst part is that his subscribers will gobble up everything he says and actually believe him when he says that "No, I'm not trying to milk money from my videos, it just takes soooooooo long to edit them even after I quit my job". Gimme a break, his videos are max 15 minutes long and saying that it takes a week or more, working all day, to finish editing one video is complete bullshit.
>>
>>970899
Just how entitled are you? You aren't paying him a dime.Yeah, he's not busting his ass all day, so fucking what?
And from what I get, he experiments a lot beforehand, so that he shows (pretty much) finished product and not the first prototype.
>>
>>970899
Who gives a shit? It's a youtube channel, he has no obligation to do anything, he could release one video a year and it be nothing but paid promotions. He's trying to make money to live off of, if you don't like it, don't watch.
>>
>>970899
I unsubscribed from him back when he still only had a few hundred thousand subscribers and rarely, if ever, showed his face, the good old days. Most of his videos are things that have been done a thousand times before, with hundreds of videos already on you tube by people much more knowledgeable. I would agree that he's grown extremely lazy in his fame. But, he's basically figured out how to make money by creating videos for the children of autists. Which is brilliant, btw.
>>
>>971065
>>971050
Or, you know, block ads.
Why don't you go suck his dick if you like him that much.
>>
First few videos were neat but the dude has no regard for safety
>>
>>972963
>block ads

Its like people when people were all butt hurt about gametrailers finally closing down.

>Whyd they do it. Ugh

Cause you fags would skip 30 second ads and would run ad blocker.

>no they just were too late to join YouTube!

Its kinda a bad showing if your parent company(Viacom)was trying to sue YouTube for a while
>>
His videos are put together well, but basically what this anon said >>972874

He is just following other peoples tutorials/work and posting it in a manner that is easier to understand for people with little to no basic diy/science knowledge/skills. I'd say "so what, he's doing it for free", but in the end, all these videos of copied tutorials creates a bunch of fluff and makes finding the quality videos even harder.

Anyone else ever watched CodysLab? He does a lot of neat experiments. For the most part it revolves around starting with raw resources, and working his way to a usable product.
>>
>>973405
YouTubes slogan is "broadcast yourself", not " upload videos and make free money!". Anyone who does YouTube as a "job" or makes their main objective of being on YouTube to make money does not deserve any revenue at all, making a bit of money on the side here and there is perfectly okay, but expecting anything else is just being a self entitled asshole, imagine a job in which your revenue is at the whims of hundreds of thousands of people, who can turn on you for any reason at any moment, I mean, hell, just look at what happened to leafyishere, sure isn't any kind of "job" I'd want to have.
>>
>>973430
Wrong person? lol
>>
>>973434
Oops! Your right, literally lol, meant to reply to
>>973410
>>
>>973412
CodysLab is excellent. He seems like a guy who truly enjoys his work.
>>
>>973430
> imagine a job in which your revenue is at the whims of hundreds of thousands of people

So every company ever? Have you not thought about how business works?

also, Just because you don't think having that job is a good idea means people shouldn't do it? You're a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.