[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
keeping warm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: pellet_stove_1st_burn.jpg (51 KB, 602x460) Image search: [Google]
pellet_stove_1st_burn.jpg
51 KB, 602x460
I'm sick of the smell of corn. how else can i keep warm? is there another grain that works as well as corn in corn stoves?
>>
>>967441
Try gas
>>
>>967441
What kind of exhaust/chiminey do you have on that there system?
>>
>>967441
Does it smell like popcorn in your house?
>>
Do they not sell electric heaters where you are?
>>
>>967441
Is this a troll post? This reeks of the corn industrial complex
>>
what the fuck is a corn stove you must be one of those fucking iowans
>>
File: corn stove.jpg (132 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
corn stove.jpg
132 KB, 1500x1500
>>967552
mmm
>>
So much corn you burn it for heat? Wtf m8
>>
That's a wood pellet stove.

You dun fucked up op
>>
>>967552
is actually a pretty cheap way to heat the house. never used one but lots around here have them. rural people can get free/cheap corn from farmers or if they have enough room can grow their own
>>
>>967441
You mean to tell me you amerifats burn food as fuel? You truly are the most gleefully, incongruously wasteful """""culture""""" to ever plague this planet.
>>
>>967625
>what is E85 ethanol
>>
>>967625
>loading up on corn at the service station
>>
>>967625
Well, we have cornfields larger than your entire country, wherever the fuck that is.
>>
>>967625

We burn it in the fields to keep prices high too.

One day, you too will know the horrible benefits of capitalism... Or you'll stop fucking with the free market and we'll feed the world
>>
File: 1458895724640.webm (87 KB, 474x386) Image search: [Google]
1458895724640.webm
87 KB, 474x386
>>967761
>mfw I live in Australia
>>
>>967869
OP here. I just wanted to troll americans because burning corn is retarded.

hi fellow ausbro
>>
>>967869
Shouldn't you be on Imgur?
>>
>>967788
What? I think you're making stuff up. Yes you could burn fields of corn to hike up the price but then why sell corn to people just to burn as fuel?

The only reason they can sell corn as fuel is because it is cheap and plentiful.
>>
>>967788
https://farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=00000&progcode=corn

hey guys, I found our national debt.
>>
>>968552
Right. Unless the Ag industry is paying a bunch of lobbyists to have congress put minimum ethanol requirements in fuel just so they can sell more corn.

Big corn and other monocrop farming is huge. Entire states are covered with corn, soybeans, wheat, etc. They pay good money to make sure their product is used in as many things as possible even if its not the best way to get the job done.
>>
We produce so much fucking corn.

We sell corn to countries for much less than production cost, quickly driving local farmers out of buisness and affecting the value of other food as we flood the market.
Then we quadruple the cost overnight and watch as people sell jewelry to buy our corn or they starve.

God Bless America and God bless corn.
>>
>>968597
http://dailysignal.com/2013/02/07/ethanol-mandate-leads-to-social-unrest/
God bless corn, god bless government coercion.

Murrica.
>>
>>968589
Yes, correct. They sell their corn they don't burn it in the field to artificially inflate the price.
If big corn wanted to inflate the price they would just plant less corn.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.